Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Y Is God Keeping Silent..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Y Is God Keeping Silent..... (1544 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Zaria Clash: Christian Leaders Under Attack For Keeping Silent / Y Is God So Greedy With Is Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Finished service since last year February till date no job...am tired of praying and applying. How does he want me to take care of myself and others.....i don't know y God is silent to this situation, I have been trying to be faithful to him but he is not helping me at all.....am tired and might give up soon...honestly I don't want to but the pressure is becoming too much.....God plz connect me that ur name may be glorify
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
He's tryın ur patıence, ıf only we can b patıent wıt God. Thats y many people do tııns out of God's wıll cos they cant waıt any longer, but may God help us.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
For how long....even my earthly father won't live to see me go through dis pains
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by AfricanApple(f): 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
my sister thank god for your life first.
then get up and hustle for something, don't just sit there and ask us questions like we are god's PA
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by emmyskies(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2014
Like seriously?? Enkay, what sort of thing is this?? Look at yourself...read your post again. You speak in ignorance. You call GOD and blame Him but you don't know Him. You don't know who He is and what He wants and how He does things. See, have you studied your Bible in and out to know the GOD you are pointing accusing fingers on?
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2014
See them.

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by macof(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Op pick yourself up and dust yourself.

Start doing something you haven't done before, try a new path...not criminal or illegal o.

try using ur head to be productive as a self employed individual or something

You are waiting for an imaginary being That would never lift a finger

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by onetrack(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2014
Get rid of this idea that god exists and make your own future happen.

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Worksunlimited: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmyskies: Like seriously?? Enkay, what sort of thing is this?? Look at yourself...read your post again. You speak in ignorance. You call GOD and blame Him but you don't know Him. You don't know who He is and what He wants and how He does things. See, have you studied your Bible in and out to know the GOD you are pointing accusing fingers on?

Lolz.. Guy! you have provoke...

Buh seriously enkay! to be honest.. They say "Good things come to those who wait".. I have bein on the hustle p, on the streets and i must tell that aforesaid statement is purely idealistic, cos realistically i would say this " Good things come to those who wait hustle hard, Having in mind Gods grace"...

Think about this..
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by davien(m): 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Enkay....First off keep trying to get a job...next about "god"....i don't know how to put this but....why do you think a "god" would give you a job in the first place?!...
The fact that you believe in "god" doesn't give you special priviledges otherwise praying would count as cheating in classes....just keep searching....although as an atheist i'd tell you to stay clear of belief in mythologies....eitherway keep searching for a job....i believe in you!.. What exactly are your credentials....focus on what gives you an edge for a particular job...
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Most times it's not about God but about the spirit in which the prayer is said. Most often, we want to turn God to a magician. We want things to happen by the wave of a wand.

It is not just about asking for that dream job but more about being in a job you are most suited for. I see some peeps ask for a high paying desk job when they don't even know what a University looks like.

Some too ask God to secure for them a job in a large corporation whose policy for recruitment they are yet to meet. I am glad that you desire to be employed. God wants us to work! Focus on areas you are better suited and be patient.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by davien(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by asalimpo(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
enkay27: Finished service since last year February till date no job...am tired of praying and applying. How does he want me to take care of myself and others.....i don't know y God is silent to this situation, I have been trying to be faithful to him but he is not helping me at all.....am tired and might give up soon...honestly I don't want to but the pressure is becoming too much.....God plz connect me that ur name may be glorify

1. Your english/grammer is keeping you.
Work on it.

2. Your entitlement mentallity is keeping you- You think God owes you a blessing (job,baby,husband etc).
You think you "deserve" a blessing cuz "you've been serving him for so ... ".

-He does'nt.

3. Your arrogance is keeping you.
God isnt FG - you can threaten with strike action - try those on ur bf etc. You feel like giving up. On who?God- you wont be the first.
"i will quit and He will miss me"? Think again. Who needs who?

4. Your ignorance is keeping you.
Ignorant about how God works and His modus operandi.
Get an education on this.
You also ar ignorant about what's causing the d hold up.

5. Your laziness is keeping you

when a gadget doesnt work in this physcal world we patiently trouble shoot it.
We research d problem,ask questions, google the problem.
But with God things we threaten him and accuse him.

-Your impatience is keeping you.
Somethings dont happen overnight. Besides job seekers outnumber available jobs.

- Your unthankfulness is keeping you.
Has God been faithful to you in the past? Do you remember those goodness and thank him for it in your dark hours?
You ar like women tht loved their husbands when the going was good,only to abandon and threaten him when things took a downturn.

Repent of this stinkg attitude of yours.
Go over all His past goodness and thank Him for each one.
Research things out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
enkay27: Finished service since last year February till date no job...am tired of praying and applying. How does he want me to take care of myself and others.....i don't know y God is silent to this situation, I have been trying to be faithful to him but he is not helping me at all.....am tired and might give up soon...honestly I don't want to but the pressure is becoming too much.....God plz connect me that ur name may be glorify
Don't let your situation come between you and God. We all go through trying times and how we choose to handle the situation is what makes us different. Maybe God wants you to be self employed and you've probably been so desperate to get a job that you've failed to explore other opportunities.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by asalimpo(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
enkay27: For how long....even my earthly father won't live to see me go through dis pains
from the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks.
The bile behind this writeup can sour honey.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
striktlymi: Most times it's not about God but about the spirit in which the prayer is said. Most often, we want to turn God to a magician. We want things to happen by the wave of a wand.

It is not just about asking for that dream job but more about being in a job you are most suited for. I see some peeps ask for a high paying desk job when they don't even know what a University looks like.

Some too ask God to secure for them a job in a large corporation whose policy for recruitment they are yet to meet. I am glad that you desire to be employed. God wants us to work! Focus on areas you are better suited and be patient.

Is God not suppose to be a magician? With all the numerous miracles in the bible,God is finding it hard to secure his worshiper a simple job...na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Rilwayne001: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 155:
And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient,

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by macof(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
striktlymi: Most times it's not about God but about the spirit in which the prayer is said. Most often, we want to turn God to a magician. We want things to happen by the wave of a wand.

I
Is the Christian God not suppose to be a magician??
A man/alien/spirit/monster being living in the sky creating earth out of mere speech

Surely securing a job for his faithful servant is no big deal

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by senator2k9(m): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
U finished last year and u are complaining. I finished since feb 2011 no job yet! Bt I knw God has a big plan for me. I pray God use dis forum to help me locate my destiny helper !!!

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by femicyrus(m): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
I wrote WAEC 3 times and GCE twice. That means 4 years of delay. My mates were already in final year at universities when I managed to secure admission into a polytechnic. After graduation, I moved from pillar to post searching for job for almost four years while my mates are already married with kids. But the bible says ' for I know the thought that I think towards you, the thought of good and not of evil to give you a future and a hope'.
But today, all those who had gone ahead of me now envy my status. Why? Because it is written: thou hath loved righteousness and hates iniquity there God even thy God had anointed you with the oil of gladness above all thy fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Alexk2(m): 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
enkay27 Finished service since last year February
till date no job...am tired of praying and applying. How does he want me
to take care of myself and others.....i don't know y God is silent to
this situation, I have been trying to be faithful to him but he is not
helping me at all.....am tired and might give up soon...honestly I don't
want to but the pressure is becoming too much.....God plz connect me
that ur name may be glorify
I smile when i read your post.
God owe you nothing and the point is, He owe you no apology for been who He is...you opinion doesnt change the fact that He is a good God.
How abt been patient more?..i'll leave you with the the very scripture that came to mind..prov. 24:10.."if you faint in days of adversity, your strenght is small"
add me up and letz chat.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by malvisguy212: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
enkay27:
Finished service since last year February till date no job...am tired of praying and applying. How does he want me to take care of myself and others.....i don't know y God is silent to this situation, I have been trying to be faithful to him but he is not helping me at all.....am tired and might give up soon...honestly I don't want to but the pressure is becoming too much.....God plz connect me that ur name may be glorify
may God comfort you,dont give up,the devil want you to fall,bible say "the righteous may fall seven times.but he shall arise"even me i'v gone to much stress and pain in this life,but i have decided to hold on to my faith in christ till i die.

Habakkuk 3:17-19New International Version (NIV) 17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by easypee: 11:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
enkay27:

Hello Dear,
Welcome to the real world. Read the book of Job and be guided.

God WILL put you through the test. He can keep quiet to your request, especially when it is not time to give you what you ask for. What I always preach to people is to focus and keep focused on salvation - keeping your ways right in the sight of God, no matter what you are passing through. Instead of asking God for something, ask Him what He wants you to do.

Please you will need to be very careful what you complain of so that your challenges don't linger for longer than they should. It may not make sense, but praise God more than ever now. Look to solve other people's problems; help others more in any way you can, even if it's just praying for them. Search your scriptures more, draw closer to God. Don't complain. Ask God to show you what He wants you to do. When you are sure the Lord has spoken, keep doing the things He directs you to do, keep looking for a way forward honestly, don't stop.

I did not mean to be tough, but if the truth must be said, this is life. Face it, conquer it, then teach others.

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Cus their is simply no deity responsible for anybody, group of persons or activities here on earth...
If their is such a deity that can help give you a job, do you think such a deity will allow anything like earth quakes, Tsunamies, tonadoes and talk about hunger in east africa or ebola rampaging the earth?

How can an all powerful deity that dont care enough to address this important issues provide a job for someone...

dear the earlier you understand their is no god or spirit or gods responsible for you,
that everything you do on earth is sorely your responsibility then the better...

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
asalimpo:

1. Your english/grammer is keeping you.
Work on it.

2. Your entitlement mentallity is keeping you- You think God owes you a blessing (job,baby,husband etc).
You think you "deserve" a blessing cuz "you've been serving him for so ... ".

-He does'nt.

3. Your arrogance is keeping you.
God isnt FG - you can threaten with strike action - try those on ur bf etc. You feel like giving up. On who?God- you wont be the first.
"i will quit and He will miss me"? Think again. Who needs who?

4. Your ignorance is keeping you.
Ignorant about how God works and His modus operandi.
Get an education on this.
You also ar ignorant about what's causing the d hold up.

5. Your laziness is keeping you

when a gadget doesnt work in this physcal world we patiently trouble shoot it.
We research d problem,ask questions, google the problem.
But with God things we threaten him and accuse him.

-Your impatience is keeping you.
Somethings dont happen overnight. Besides job seekers outnumber available jobs.

- Your unthankfulness is keeping you.
Has God been faithful to you in the past? Do you remember those goodness and thank him for it in your dark hours?
You ar like women tht loved their husbands when the going was good,only to abandon and threaten him when things took a downturn.

Repent of this stinkg attitude of yours.
Go over all His past goodness and thank Him for each one.
Research things out.
oh dear one lol u just really killed someone here.. Hahahaha cant help but keep laffing out loud
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 155:
And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient,
RUBBISH.. THE quran itself cant even write good english
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Rilwayne001: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
RUBBISH.. THE quran itself cant even write good english

What's your problem with that verse?
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Royver(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
enkay27:
give up how?
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Blebleswag:
He's tryın ur patıence, ıf only we can b patıent wıt God. Thats y many people do tııns out of God's wıll cos they cant waıt any longer, but may God help us.

Yes u're right. Your god is trying the OP's patience just like he tried the patience of Pastor Bimbo Odukoya & Miles Monroe in their respective plane crashes.

Your god is equally trying the patience of thousands of Christians who are victims of Boko Haram in Borno, Adamawa & Gombe.

Wait! I ain't done yet. The patience of the christians who are being used as sex slaves in the Middle East are also being tried by your god.

By the time you end up in your cold & lonely grave just like Miles Munroe & Bimbo Odukoya, then you would see through all the lies that was propagated & still being nurtured by the Christiandom.

@OP - Read through this thread below & emancipate yourself from mental slavery - Nagode!

www.nairaland.com/2100028/pope-hugs-little-girl-askedhim#29910601

2 Likes

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
macof:
Op pick yourself up and dust yourself.

Start doing something you haven't done before, try a new path...not criminal or illegal o.

try using ur head to be productive as a self employed individual or something

You are waiting for an imaginary being That would never lift a finger

I'm glad you put it in a gentler way.
Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by frank317: 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seriously? Just one year. I finished school 2007 and got my first reasonable God 2014. Guess what... I got the job when I dropped the idea of God and stopped praying to any sky daddy. 2015 January I got offered something better.
Now I can publish all my books I wrote in my idle days and overtake all my friends who left me behind.
You are alone and at the mercy of your hardwork and other people's activity or inactivity. You can only work hard until the day opportunity meets readiness.

1 Like

Re: Y Is God Keeping Silent..... by liliangmail(f): 9:06am On Feb 10, 2015
@OP.. Dont give up on God! sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we forgey he is there! God loves you! He is steadfast and faithful! He said. #i will neva leave thee nor forsake thee# [b][/b] [i][/i] God expects you to depend on him . look up to him nd take him at his words! God is able and eager to bring u out from d difficult situation! Hold on, He id working it out for you

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism – See How Shaykh Al-Fawzân Floored Terrorists / Pillars Of Christianity / Shameless Dirty Filthy Sleazy Trashy Dump Of A Cesspool Called A 'church'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.