Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus (2109 Views)

Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times / 5 Scientists Who Studied Ebola Killed By The Virus / Baby Who Had Been "Cured" Of HIV Now Has The Virus Resurfacing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:16am On Aug 26, 2014
The United States Government has donated
equipment worth $5,000 to boost screening of the
Ebola Virus Disease at the Murtala Muhammed
International Airport so as to contain its spread in
Nigeria.
The US Consul General in Nigeria, Mr. John
Hawkins, made the donation at the airport on
Friday, August 22, at the airport.
“The donation of the equipment is a symbol
of willingness on the part of the American
Government to assist Nigeria in any way
possible to combat the scourge,” he said.
Known as infrared thermometers or non-contact
thermometers, the portable handheld equipment
has the ability to measure body temperature of in-
bound and out- bound passengers for possible
Ebola symptoms from a distance.
Hawkins, who expressed satisfaction with the
timely response of the Nigerian Government to the
contagious disease since its importation into the
country by a Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, a
month ago, commended the measures already put
in place at the Lagos airport.
According to Punch report, Hawkins pointed out
that the deadly virus neither a Nigerian nor West-
African problem but a problem to humanity as a
whole.
He also applauded the Federal Airports Authority of
Nigeria (FAAN) for providing the necessary
infrastructure for the Port Health Services and
collaborating agencies to effectively discharge their
duties in the face of the threat posed by the Ebola
virus.
After the first case of Ebola was reported in Nigeria
which came into the country through Sawyer who
flew in from Liberia, in-bound and out-bound
passengers especially from West African countries
where the virus is spreading have been undergoing
screening at the airport.
The African Union (AU) Commission recently
decided to deploy a joint military medical
personnel and civilian humanitarian mission to
help with the Ebola virus outbreak in parts of West
Africa.
Since the outbreak began there have been 2,615
cases and 1,427 deaths, according to the World
Health Organisation.

Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by dehmohlah(m): 1:27am On Aug 26, 2014
9ice one dere, Americans. Thank God they brought equipments and not money. If it were to be money- mouth shut with padlock
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:35am On Aug 26, 2014
dehmohlah: 9ice one dere, Americans. Thank God they brought equipments and not money. If it were to be money- mouth shut with padlock
lolz.. d money will develop wings
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by phreakabit(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2014
dehmohlah: 9ice one dere, Americans. Thank God they brought equipments and not money. If it were to be money- mouth shut with padlock
Not everyone is as broke as you oh! You genuinely happy they donated five thousand dollars? In the wake of hurricane Katrina Nigerian citizens donated $5 million and The FGN donated $1million. America donating 5,000 dollars worth of equipments is an insult! A big bloody intentional insult. At least we have learnt from this.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Dahkogrin007(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2014
phreakabit:
Not everyone is as broke as you oh! You genuinely happy they donated five thousand dollars? In the wake of hurricane Katrina Nigerian citizens donated $5 million and The FGN donated $1million. America donating 5,000 dollars worth of equipments is an insult! A big bloody intentional insult. At least we have learnt from this.
wot exactly r u saying...shld we abuse US for donating those equipment cuz it cheap
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by phreakabit(m): 8:57am On Aug 26, 2014
Dahkogrin007:
wot exactly r u saying...shld we abuse US for donating those equipment cuz it cheap
You probably dont can't comprehend. . . My comments simply imply that this "donation" (for lack of a better word) is more like an insult. Donate medical aides or personnel not $5k made in China gadgets. If at all you intend donating. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster we had no danger of being affected by, we still donated generously. The situation on ground is a global time bomb, that won't be taking seriously until some Caucasian nation gets infested by it.
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by dehmohlah(m): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2014
phreakabit:

I don't know why you people always find a way to criticize anything US does. If you are talking about that, do you know how much US donated for power development in Nigeria- $2.1 billion. This is a different case, if they want to donate money, they know how much to donate. Bottom line is that,they know what they are doing- we needed the equipment than the money.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by phreakabit(m): 10:37am On Aug 26, 2014
dehmohlah:

I don't know why you people always find a way to criticize anything US does. If you are talking about that, do you know how much US donated for power development in Nigeria- $2.1 billion. This is a different case, if they want to donate money, they know how much to donate. Bottom line is that,they know what they are doing- we needed the equipment than the money.
Who said anything about money? Read my post again. . . Slowly this time.
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by dehmohlah(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
phreakabit:
Who said anything about money? Read my post again. . . Slowly this time.

There is no need to read your post again, lay down your arguement. The equipment they gave us is not an insult my broda. The eqipment may worth 5K dollars, but the value is far far more than that. Afterall our leader will not think of getting something like that as small as it is even if they give them millions of dollars. Let the natural criticism of US in your system get out of you plz
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
phreakabit:
You probably dont can't comprehend. . . My comments simply imply that this "donation" (for lack of a better word) is more like an insult. Donate medical aides or personnel not $5k made in China gadgets. If at all you intend donating. Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster we had no danger of being affected by, we still donated generously. The situation on ground is a global time bomb, that won't be taking seriously until some Caucasian nation gets infested by it.
hmmmm u say I can't comprehend ....I call u an ingrate....
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by phreakabit(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
dehmohlah:

There is no need to read your post again, lay down your arguement. The equipment they gave us is not an insult my broda. The eqipment may worth 5K dollars, but the value is far far more than that. Afterall our leader will not think of getting something like that as small as it is even if they give them millions of dollars. Let the natural criticism of US in your system get out of you plz

You mean to tell me this is the first time you are hearing of or seeing infrared thermometers/ thermographers? Epic!
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by aboyaji(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Well, nice info. haha! Omo see grooving. Imagine me going to board an airplane, on seeing these men using the equipment. Hey, stop, na your turn. Pointing the thing towards my direction, i go think say na arrest dem wan arrest me o.
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by phreakabit(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dahkogrin007:
hmmmm u say I can't comprehend ....I call u an ingrate....

Maybe, who cares undecided
Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Liekiller(f): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
why is it so popular to ALWAYS point fingers. Shouldn't we instead complain that naija needs donations at all? Don't you agree that we should not only have a functioning country but also certainly be able to do this all on our own? Let me just remind you of the 50 BILLION $ not accounted for recently? Let me also remind you that this was not the only time billions and billions have "vanished". Billions that were STOLEN from the Nigerian people. You know and I know what the real problem is. Please stop blaming the US for everything our leader thieves are to blame for!

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2014
Liekiller: why is it so popular to ALWAYS point fingers. Shouldn't we instead complain that naija needs donations at all? Don't you agree that we should not only have a functioning country but also certainly be able to do this all on our own? Let me just remind you of the 50 BILLION $ not accounted for recently? Let me also remind you that this was not the only time billions and billions have "vanished". Billions that were STOLEN from the Nigerian people. You know and I know what the real problem is. Please stop blaming the US for everything our leader thieves are to blame for!

pls tell Mr phreakbit.. kinda senseless a guy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Indigo To Buy In Lagos / Bluegate Homecare Nursing Services Lagos. / Forget Quick Ejaculation And Toilet Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.