Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas (27336 Views)

Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Cbn’s Directive On Use Of Foreign Currency, A Confusing Signal / Ban On Use Of CBN's Dollars By Oil Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Xano(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Can we use gas stove for smoking fish?

I still prefer my arometa wey no dey fall soup.

I love cooking with those old pot. . . .it kind of makes my food delicious.

I also remember my mum dont like grinding pepper with grinding machine. . .if it is not grinding stone, then it your food.

Call it locality. . . . .I enjoy it. More than gas or whatever
smoke fish? Yes o. Grandmums, who cooked food using firewood and kerosine for decades may not want cooking gas. The price of cooking gas with increase when demand for it increases.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by uzoexcel(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
but i heard to coook party jollofff rice, it tastes better with firewood grin grin grin grin
berem: the smoke from firewood and stove can be very dangerous to health you know.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nice move. Too much charcoal and firewood messing up the environment. Smoke from firewood has turned Lagos city into fog. Jeez! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
uzoexcel: but i heard to coook party jollofff rice, it tastes better with firewood grin grin grin grin
that is party rice. You don't eat that all the time,do you?

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by room089: 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Eko o ni baje o!

But oga fash, as you share gas cylinders e good o but we no fit use gas for stove na. If u fit share gas cooker join the cylinder e go over good o! grin
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Chibokgame: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
My mother knows nothing about cooking gas,
She has been feeding me with food cooked with firewood since the 80s ,
Then someone is telling me firewood and kerosene is hazardous to health.

Please tell me what is in the book , not what I've born to practice .

Firewood ,
Kerosene ,
Gas , or
Electric ..:....... Is a matter of choice . I am an African.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by TonySpike: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Some safety rules are important to use gas as a primary cooking fuel. I'll list two of such rules:

1. Never put your gas cylinder at the same location as the cooker. Infact, cylinders should be keep outdoors and a hose should be used to supply the cooker indoors.
2. Always keep your cooking place airy and well ventilated to reduce the possibility of an explosion if there is an unknown case of gas leakage in the cooker.

Thank me later for the advice. ..

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
how much do dey sell dis small gas stove anyway??
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
oluwato69sin: . NAA but you need to learn English though

I'd like to have you as my english teacher. Mtchewww
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by uzoexcel(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
i wish i could...lots better than kebab wink wink wink
but seriously i tot it was jst a rumour.. (i mean abt party rice and fire wood) shocked shocked shocked
berem: that is party rice. You don't eat that all the time,do you?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by fm7070: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Using gas is not the problem, but making it readily and cheaply available.
It is not our firewood that cause environmental pollution but the gas flaring.
the land will be green once the gas flaring is reduced or stopped to the barest minimum
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by cirmuell(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: Bought half during the Sallah hols (the Saturday) still on it. My first of buying half though grin. By my estimation, I have at most, 3 weeks more, hopefully undecided cheesy
na only indomie you dey cook? grin cheesy
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by free2ryhme: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bawss1:

The hell are you talking about? Are you too slow to understand that LPG is way cleaner than Kerosene which many low income households depend on? If you want to remain in the 1800s no problem but don't advise people wrongly; LPG is not only cleaner and thus healthier, it is also cheaper in the long run.

This knee-jerk reaction of hating every initiative that comes from the government is getting old and ridiculous.

You talk of cheaper I talk about accessibility. How many homes can afford gas since u claim it is cheap?. You don't just approve any initiatives that comes from the govt. Large number of homes consume more of kerosene than gas suddebnly they all ran health risk becos lagos state wants to sell gas abi?, what has the govt done to make kerosene accessible to the common man? what have become of all the subisidy and the initiatives to make it kerosene accessible?

How manypeople have complained to you that they don't have money to buy kerosene? Yet I know of many peopl who can't afford gas

Guy you are too shallow to see what govt is trying to do here
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by olaeffect(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.

You don't have to use 12.5kg. Some filling stations can sell as low as N500.00 worth of cooking gas for you if you want.
And what cooking gas worth N2,800.00 will cook for you, kerosene of N10,000.00 worth may not cook.
This I have tested and I have vowed never to use kerosene again.
Cost of initial setup maybe high (I.e burner and cylinder) but in the long run it is far more cheaper than kerosene.

May God deliver us from poverty mentality grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by ceasare: 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
nickxtra: How often do you cook that your 12.5kg takes you upto 3 months? Even when I was single and seldom cook, it lasted only for about 2 months, but now with my wife and baby, it does not take us upto a month. So what's your magic?
My broda u cconffirm.the 12.5kg doesn't last more than 3wks max if you cook morning and night like my wife she cooks for the kids in d morning and @ night for us all.except if the filling station and retail guys are underfilling and shortchanging consumers .in my hood they sell @#3k at d station while d retail guys resell at #3.3k-3.5k

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Aringon(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
What govt and NNPC need to do is campaign to enlighten the citizens on the benefits of using gas to cook. Is it not shameful for Ghana and Senegal to consume cooking gas more than Nigeria. Taxis in Ghana are using gas to drive but oh dear, the old men (Taxi Drivers) won't touch it with a long pole.
Nigeria needs more LPG Refilling plants, we need more depots, we need more resellers of cooking gas.
We have about 175 plants, wwhich is not enough, atleast 300-350 filling plants will be better,over 200 resellers r needed to make gas readily available.
These filling plants have to devote their time for cooking gas only and not to be distracted with petrodollars like Oando and Conoil. They have to be solely cooking gas business coming up with strategies to making consumers to buy gas in their convenient and safe manner.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by oluwato69sin(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
msmon:

I'd like to have you as my english teacher. Mtchewww
. I do not argue with people that do not learn from their mistakes
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: na only indomie you dey cook? grin cheesy
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: na only indomie you dey cook? grin cheesy
Not an Indomie fan but I do keep it...comes handy on rainy days grin grin sad. How U doing, Cirmuell?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by meforyou1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
lagos state govt should be careful with this campaign. gas explosion is not something funny o
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Bawss1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Chibokgame: My mother knows nothing about cooking gas,
She has been feeding me with food cooked with firewood since the 80s ,
Then someone is telling me firewood and kerosene is hazardous to health.

Please tell me what is in the book , not what I've born to practice .

Firewood ,
Kerosene ,
Gas , or
Electric ..:....... Is a matter of choice . I am an African.

Loin cloths are also African. Ditch your boxers and go African.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by cirmuell(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: Not an Indomie fan but I do keep it...comes handy on rainy days grin grin sad. How U doing, Cirmuell?
Oh, Okay!

I'm fine wink

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Zakkyoz: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
all4naija: Nice move. Too much charcoal and firewood messing up the environment. Smoke from firewood has turned Lagos city into fog. Jeez! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Bawss1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
free2ryhme:
You talk of cheaper I talk about accessibility. How many homes can afford gas since u claim it is cheap?. You don't just approve any initiatives that comes from the govt. Large number of homes consume more of kerosene than gas suddebnly they all ran health risk becos lagos state wants to sell gas abi?, what has the govt done to make kerosene accessible to the common man? what have become of all the subisidy and the initiatives to make it kerosene accessible?

How manypeople have complained to you that they don't have money to buy kerosene? Yet I know of many peopl who can't afford gas

Guy you are too shallow to see what govt is trying to do here

Everyone is free to cook their meals with whatever fuel they want, LPG or kerosene or even charcoal. For those that are concerned about which option poses fewer health, safety and environmental concerns they will go for LPG.Simple. It also the fastest option and it suffers less from scarcity of supply unlike the others.

I will support any drive that moves for the adoption of LPG in homes whether its from the Lagos or Kano state govt. (I don't even live in Lagos) Couple this push for LPG with affordable pricing and this will be a sure win. All your cries about the common man and kerosene are misplaced here - direct it to NNPC or the FG since kerosene is your preferred choice.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Bawss1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Double post. Oops!
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by 360command: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
DikeOha882: If the common man should do his calculation properly, he will know that gas is cheaper to kerosine, I have been using gas since my days in the university till date. My 12.5kg last for 3 rmonths, let's assume am buying kerosine by now I would have spent more than that. Though one thing I see is that some families may find it difficult bring out the amount once to buy.
I can use the size of gas for 4-5month. I guess you cook daily? What I mean is , if I am buying ingredients for soup,stew, I close my eyes to do it and buy in large quatities which I keep in freezer. I cook my soup every 3weeks. If you are cooking beans,just be precised on the amount of water that would be use for cooking it cause the more you add water,the more you consume more gas. This can be applied to food like rice.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by mbhs139(m): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.

But this same "common man" would have used close to N5000 kerosine in a month, compared to the N2800 he couldn't afford..., or what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
mbhs139:

But this same "common man" would have used close to N5000 kerosine in a month, compared to the N2800 he couldn't afford..., or what do you think?
you're right! I didn't know Kerosene was far more expensive than gas. Sorry for the misconception.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
nickxtra: How often do you cook that your 12.5kg takes you upto 3 months? Even when I was single and seldom cook, it lasted only for about 2 months, but now with my wife and baby, it does not take us upto a month. So what's your magic?

My broda I wonder o. Mine doesnt last more than 3weeks. It is used to cook in the morning and then warm food for afternoon and night mostly and it still never stays up to a month. Besides LASG should be selling cheaper than they do now. I buy 2600 from private plants and 2800 from road side refillers. I expect the govt to sell at the most 2500. Just my opinion though.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by eaglechild: 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Fashola and scrappy projects.

This man used to be more coordinated than this.

Just take a look at the exposed wooden planks in a gas station. No plans for fire prevention.

APC witches will soon say I like criticising, but this is shoddy.
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by 360command: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
I get what you mean. But I tell you,mine last me for about 4 month and if I don't cook much,its 5month. The idea of cooking and using gas depends on your cooking and what you are cooking. Example: I don't eat amala, where I have to put it on fire while steering. Anytime I cook my big pot of soup/stew,its last me for 3weeks which I do save some in the freezer. Cooking rice is sharply done. The rice we use in naija na long thing. While the cooking gas is on,U go pre-boil,wash and boil again. Why won't your gas finish. If u dey cook beans, no dey add up water,as it will take time for d water to boil in other for it to boil the beans. Bro, cooking is not only about making meal delicious but its about making good use of and managing what you have available.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by endy231: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
drsteroid: This is really a welcome devt.gud move by LASG.fud cooked with gas cooker tastes gud n beta.Also,from a medical perspective,gas cooker is also far beta dan firewood or stove

Party rice cooked with firewood or gas which tastes better in ur mouth.

Inline with overall safety, i also prefer the use of gas.

Devt like these shouldnt stop in providing access to gas, an agency of the govt should also focus on safety education on the use of gas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / Sinoma Is Constructing A Cement Plant In Kogi (Photos) / Equinor Exits Nigeria After 30 Years, Sells Its Assets To Chappal Energies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.