Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days (10764 Views)

What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days??? / Whatsapp Goes Down Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Atmmachine(m): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
You don smoke weed again ?

When i smoke weed i go dey reason strange stuffs like "What If i see 5 Million naira For Road While Going Home"

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Atmmachine(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
What happened in 1867 will repeat itself again tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Konjour(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
It will definitely be disastrous, albeit it might be less damaging in 3rd World countries like ours,

but it will be cataclysmic in 1st World countries. Driver-less cars might start appearing on UK

roads very soon and their activities will be internet-based, the co-ordination of traffic lights are

internet based already, the power grids are internet based, so many people that drive about

everyday are 200% dependent on GPS waypoints, even ships at sea utilize GPS and DGPS which

are satellite and internet dependent, modern airplanes too use a lot of electronic gyroscopes and

advanced radar systems and weather assessment systems which are usually based online. It

will be a meltdown unless people have been made aware well ahead.

Reminds me of an event whilst I was in college in Glasgow, the power systems failed briefly so the

whiteboard stopped working in the lecture room, the boilers stopped working, and the lights went

out, unfortunately it happened during a busy day in school. Immediately the school was closed

down for the day, alarm bells were rung, and folks were jumping out of the halls via the nearest

windows, some grown girls were calling and crying frantically for their parents. Some douche in

the adjacent hall to mine even said he thought it was a terrorist that was attacking. angry

Yours faithfully was just thinking like 'Keep Calm and shout Down Nepa'. I'm Nigerian hehehe,

I can survive without electricity for ages. cheesy

Awkwardly, the power was restored about 15 minutes later but by then the College head had

already chased us all home. It was a good day to end the day afterall the lecture had been super

boring anyway. cool
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Harrybanty(m): 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
Well that's why i have games on my PC, ps3 console, X-Box, Psp and the so called- "Brick Game". Who will miss the internet with these? :-D
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by charlito94(m): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lionbite: There will be global meltdown I guess

Not guessing, there will be not just a global meltdown nations, industries, banks, an all aspect of life will be affected cos we re even in an. Of computerized thinking system reducing humans workload and thinking. Internet system is a system made easy for the life of every individual of modern civilization. So don't imagine
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Briareos(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is why I've been storing up internet in my piggy bank. As of right now, I have enough internet to last me for a full decade should the internet goes down.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Xano(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
Its bad, but not as EMP discharge from solar flares which will knock out(fry) all electrical appliances(including generators,any equipment that runs with electric current,etc) around the world. Imagine the world with electricity for three days. I dont hope for that.
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by ShakurM(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
LyfeJennings:

God will punish your entire generation from Adam for that statement.
To hell you say.
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nobleval: *draws her back* nah...nah.. Don't cry dear. It will not happen *gives her a hanky* now wipe your tears...easy...you don't wanna ruin your mascara. smiley
LOL! Thank you. *pushing the hanky away and using your shirt (hoping its white) to wipe my tears and even crying more into the shirt* smiley

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by hohafrank(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atmmachine: What happened in 1867 will repeat itself again tongue tongue tongue tongue
What actually happened in 1867?
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Stexy: wah do i think would happen?...first my day would suck without NL to ship in the gossips, no sports news from goal.com, no online shopping....The world will literally die
Laziness is a disease, find something doing in your life, time dey go.
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by deanozone: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmm....unthinkable...i wuld loose my mind. Even when dere is no internet in my office for some hrs, I notice hw evry1 just becomes restless suddenly
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by weazzy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
thats death oooooo
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by bedfordng(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
live still goes on but things will happen
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by radiant3(f): 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Before u know it,pple would get used to it.it's nt d end of d world afterall.
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by muyi5(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
D First day no go easy
Bt i trust Nigerians sha......we go still survive am
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by lordsuperb(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tuffia! Abomination! Igwe must hear this. shocked
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by AbuMikey(m): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Currently, nothing would happen undecided
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Olyboy16(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
I see all these ignorant people posting here and i laff loudly in german!!
They obviously dont know that even the smallest bit of their daily life runs on the internet..
If the internet goes out for three days: For the first day all telecommunication services will shutdown meaning you cant make calls or send messages. And only very few of the tele companies will be able to restart services without the internet.
All banks will shutdown for the first day with very few resuming before the third day!
ALL SATELLITE TVs WILL SHUTDOWN PERMANENTLY!!(dstv, and co). Some pple wil be bored to death!
*Seun Osewa will cry continously for 3days!

Now lets c how all of you wil manage without cash, communication and tv!
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
That will only happen if the WWW was controlled by an ex Nigerian NEPA official..... Just like we'vent gotten light for days now!!....
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by brainyack(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Briareos: This is why I've been storing up internet in my piggy bank. As of right now, I have enough internet to last me for a full decade should the internet goes down.
grin grin grin lwkm

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kingscee: Laziness is a disease, find something doing in your life, time dey go.
get life
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kingscee: Laziness is a disease, find something doing in your life, time dey go.
get a life
Re: What Would Happen If The World Wide Internet Goes Down For 3 Days by Xmaslea: 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Time & ate will b stopped, those 3days will b subtracted frm the yr, lolz ;DTime & ate will b stopped, those 3days will b subtracted frm the yr, lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn 4g Lte Is Now Live Across Nigeria / Where I Can Sell My Used Phones In Nigeria Faster / Gionee Dream D1 Vs Tecno N7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.