Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili (2037 Views)

Official Nairaland Condolence Thread For Tinubu. Pay Your Tributes / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register / LIVE REPORT: Grand Requiem Mass For Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili in Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Sirniyeh(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
;( POST YOUR CONDOLENCE HERE
Have you had an encounter with Prof. Dora Akunyili before her demise? What can you say about her?

Dora is one among 170M incorrigible Nigerians who stands-out to print her name in the sand of eternity by the ink of transparency, courage, and fear of God.
Rest In Peace
Dr. Saint

1 Share

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by lirusehn(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
she was a WOMAN.

that's all i knw. RIP

1 Like

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by osile2012: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY DURATION, BUT BY DONATION. MADAM YOU DONATED SO MUCH TO NIGERIA AND THE WORLD, WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU. REST IN PEACE cry cry cry
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by PointB: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
She gave everything; then she gave herself!
Dora should should be call Dora The Great!

May she find eternal peace in the bosom of the Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by etenyong(m): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
No amount of words can best describe Dora. She fought a good fight, she has finished her assignment on earth and has left for her crown of glory in heaven.
Sleep on Dora, till we meet again. Nigerians in particular and d world at large loves you so dearly.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by kel4soft: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Goodnight Madam. embarassed
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Bunchersstab(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
She was an icon of emulation.
A defination of what a man can do a woman can do it even better.
Dora, even at d very last moments of ur life u were at d national confab planning on how to make this country a better place.
When at d hospital u asked after d chibok girls.
You are indeed a mother.
Death is a bastard for taken away our very own NELSON MANDELA.
Only God knows why all things happen.
Rest in peace prof. Dora Akunyili
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by phantom(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
extremely solid lady in all ramifications.

RIP ma!
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by harrisnimasa(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
A woman with a man heart,i love u Dora..You have worked hard for Nigeria,Pls go and rest in Heaven,Till we come.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Soji123(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
We love you but God love you most...RIP
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Blueboy0402: 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Rest in peace Dora the great.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by chiefinalowo: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
PointB: She gave everything; then she gave herself!
Dora should be call Dora The Great!

May she find eternal peace in the bosom of the Lord!
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
me, I thought condolence register is a book where people that attends a burial occasion writes down their names so the family of the dead will know how many people that attended the burial..
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Reptyle(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
One of the best public officers we have ever had.

So sad to see her go knowing how much more she could have accomplished in her service to humanity.

May God forgive her her sins and grant her eternal rest.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by dridowu: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by PhockPhockMan: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
I remember your statement in National Conference where you encouraged the elders to plant trees they know they can never live to enjoy it fruit.
You planted a tree of GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION knowing fully well that you will never live to reap from it.

Farewell.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by KwoiZabo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
In as much as I respect her and acknowledge her immense contribution to the development of our Nation, I still maintain that there are still a lot of her kind in the country.
My Message to Nairalanders is that the best Tribute to pay to such people is to leave such legacy in your own little sphere of influence.
RIP Dora
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by ochejoseph(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
In PTF you showed the world that there were still many men and women of integrity
In Nigeria.

In NAFDAC you stood firm and prevented Evil men and women administering Chalk to us in place of medication

In the Ministry of Information you rose up against the cabal and stood up for the truth

Despite Ill health you still rose up to make meaningful contribution to the most successful confab in the History of our country !

Mama Dora you drove evil Men out of Business, you ensured our babies receive the correct medication in quality and quantity , you sustained the effort to sanitize the food and water industry in this country !

May heaven be kind to you now and always

Rest in peace MAMA NAFDAC

1 Like

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Sirniyeh(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
himkers: me, I thought condolence register is a book where people that attends a burial occasion writes down their names so the family of the dead will know how many people that attended the burial..
Get it right friend. Nairaland is Nigeria National Online Forum where all well meaning Nigerians whether home or diaspora, converge to deliberate on issues concerning our dear nation.
We have dedicated much time to talk of corrupt people on this platform. We must all also use this same platform to acknowledge the credibility of the good ones.
Dora was born in Nigeria, bred in Nigeria, even though she did not die in Nigeria, she will be buried in Nigeria.
Therefore Nigerians are the witnesses to the history of her good deeds. We can not all go to Abuja or Anambra to be present for her burial but this is the platform(Nairaland) that connects us all.
Our comments in the register here guaranty her gatepass to eternity.
Inform all others to speak last words for Dora Akunyili. Tell the moderators to forward this to frontpage.
The inspiration of Nairaland emerged via Dora Akunyili's REBRANDING Programme...ask Seun....

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP ma. I met you in 2011 shortly after the election and the humility with which you attended to me spoke volumes. Thank you ma for what you did for me.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Arysexy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Requiscat in pace.

God bless ur soul.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by oludashmi(f): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP Strong woman
Your works speak on.
NAFDAC has not been the same since you left that office.

#Nigerianheadlines
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by gratiaeo(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Sirniyeh(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz: RIP ma. I met you in 2011 shortly after the election and the humility with which you attended to me spoke volumes. Thank you ma for what you did for me.
Wonderful testimony.
More testimonies of encounter with Dora are expected here.
Have you had an encounter with her before her demise?!
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Wonderful testimony.
More testimonies of encounter with Dora are expected here.
Have you had an encounter with her before her demise?!
Yes, I worked at the hubby's hospital. Also had a personal friendship with the hubby which extended to her.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by asadike(f): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
my good aunty,ada di uwa nma. Ada dike, so dis it, no more wil i c aunty dora akunyili,i wil only b consold wit d fact dat ur work nd legacy lives on. Thk u 4 touchin lives, thk u 4 savin lives, thk u 4 givin lyf a new meanin. Gud nyt ezigbo mumy. Ndi igbo wil mis u. Nigerians wil mis u. D world wil miss u. Ije oma my big aunty. Naa n'udo.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by untainted: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Rest In Peace Dora.
Your passion for Nigeria was Unparalleled!
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by ola6: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Madam, you are a woman of strong character. You are loved by all especially me because you saved my life. I wish not to disclose my illness but if not for your days in NAFDAC, I might not be here today. I thank God for using you against evil people who manufacture/import and sell fake and expired drugs in the name of business to become rich. Before you came, chalk was sold as paracetamol; yellow chalk was put in tetracycline; and white dust filled Inhalers used by asthmatic patients. God used you to stop evil people. God used you to save many lives.

Also God will remember you in His Kingdom and turn a blind eye to your iniquities. Mama, rest well. May we have another "Dora" in Nigeria...
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by oderemo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP.we lost one irreplaceable gem.
Sun re ohhhh.
Its well.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by meforyou1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Prof, May your soul rest in perfect peace. Sorrow, sadness and eyes dripping tears as I type this. Remember your various interview sessions that always you talk and talk and talk so much that the interviewers always say "prof, thanks, we have to stop here" a shining star for her generation, God bless you Ma.
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by JEITO: 12:30am On Aug 27, 2014
No matter how old they were at their passing away, the good ones always seem to die young. embarassed

Rest-in-peace Ma
Re: Nairaland CONDOLENCE REGISTER For Prof. Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 27, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Criminal Practices You Thought Were Normal / Pictures From #walkforambode In Lagos Today / New York Times Slams President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.