Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users (1040 Views)

Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / Delivered Read Messages On Whatsapp Now Indicate With BLUE Double Mark / Whatsapp Now Available On Nokia Asha Dual Sim Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users by Kelvindwaplord(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
When Facebook purchased Whats App for $19Billion in february , a lot of people felt it was overpriced and mark should have gone for a lesser price. Fastforward 6months from february , Whatsapp now has over 600million monthly activeusers , making it the most used chat messenger in the world. This figure means that 8% of the world's population is very active on whatsapp. Whats app's Co-Founder , Jan Koum confirmed this via a tweet on twitter. SEE TWEET HERE

This figure left me wondering what happened to BBM. Asides whatsapp , Wechat Is the second most used chat messenger with 438 million monthly active users and Viber is third with 100
million(Where on earth is BBM?) Is BBM Slowly Dieing? Only Time will tell.

However , in terms of revenue , whatsapp isn't making as much money as everyone will expect. The only inflow of money is the $0.99 annual renewal fee
users pay for the app which some users still manage to evade by evil methods.

SOURCE : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/whatsapp-hits-600-million-monthly-active-users/
Re: Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users by vodacom: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: When Facebook purchased Whats App for $19Billion in february , a lot of people felt it was overpriced and mark should have gone for a lesser price. Fastforward 6months from february , Whatsapp now has over 600million monthly activeusers , making it the most used chat messenger in the world. This figure means that 8% of the world's population is very active on whatsapp. Whats app's Co-Founder , Jan Koum confirmed this via a tweet on twitter. SEE TWEET HERE

This figure left me wondering what happened to BBM. Asides whatsapp , Wechat Is the second most used chat messenger with 438 million monthly active users and Viber is third with 100
million(Where on earth is BBM?) Is BBM Slowly Dieing? Only Time will tell.

However , in terms of revenue , whatsapp isn't making as much money as everyone will expect. The only inflow of money is the $0.99 annual renewal fee
users pay for the app which some users still manage to evade by evil methods.

SOURCE : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/whatsapp-hits-600-million-monthly-active-users/
bbm is not dying as u said but just that their customer base is low well compared to other chatting side. don't forget that it was made on all class form last year. some of the unique features in bbm are
1.delivery and read report
2.bbm channel which can be used for advertisement
3.phone number not required only pin.this serve as a form of security. have u wonder why we chat, telegram and viber aren't popular in Nigeria? why has service providers like Mtn,Glo and Etisalat not created data plan for whatsapp up till now.
Re: Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users by Simeony007(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
@vodacom oga abeg no beef Whatsapp abeg... this is just a business idea na, Whatsapp knew that those that are using phones without bbm are more, then he created an idea that could flood crowds to his site without going for a very expensive bb. imagine chatting with Nokia c2 with whatsapp compare with expensive bb even London use. Rim saw that the competition has increased then he decided to release bbm to other devices yet he can't still beat whatsapp. if u can't beat them why don't u join them... #teamwhatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users by vodacom: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Simeony007: @vodacom oga abeg no beef Whatsapp abeg... this is just a business idea na, Whatsapp knew that those that are using phones without bbm are more, then he created an idea that could flood crowds to his site without going for a very expensive bb. imagine chatting with Nokia c2 with whatsapp compare with expensive bb even London use. Rim saw that the competition has increased then he decided to release bbm to other devices yet he can't still beat whatsapp. if u can't beat them why don't u join them... #teamwhatsapp
I use both chatting site but the only weak point is sharing your phone number .only reason wechat has being able to solve.I get u when u say it's because of the stiff competition but bbm is still the best whether u like it or not
Re: Whatsapp Now Has 600million Monthly Active Users by samsard(m): 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Simeony007: @vodacom oga abeg no beef Whatsapp abeg... this is just a business idea na, Whatsapp knew that those that are using phones without bbm are more, then he created an idea that could flood crowds to his site without going for a very expensive bb. imagine chatting with Nokia c2 with whatsapp compare with expensive bb even London use. Rim saw that the competition has increased then he decided to release bbm to other devices yet he can't still beat whatsapp. if u can't beat them why don't u join them... #teamwhatsapp
I use a BlackBerry Z10 and I can tell you authoritatively that BBM and whatsapp are not on the same level!!!!! with a BlackBerry 10 subscription, BBM is "unlimited" + I can make BBM voice and Video calls till my sub expires! and whatsapp does not have voice and Video call features in the first place! there are understandably more Camrys than Range Rovers.

(1) (Reply)

VOIP Now Available On Hangout / One Plus One Free Invite / Will Glo Nigeria Ever Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.