Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? (2047 Views)

Evolution Or Creationism,which Sounds More Logical? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2008
The origin hasn't found it's cause yet. Evolution and Creation are both theories, not fully valid nor verified,  we have decided to focus on. But let's move into the Christian optic and assume that God is real and that everything originated from him.

Now I ask: do you think that God is really looking after you or his only interest was to create? Perharps, since the universe is in continuous expansion, so we could deduce that the Creator is busy with another planet.

Then considering the width and the infinite dimension of this universe, why do you think God is looking at you, who is nothing but an invisible point in the whole system? Has your anthropocentrism blinded you so much that you fail to see the evidence or you really believe that the planet earth is still at the center of God's attention.

Then if you insist than God can't have abbandoned man, then asnwer this final question: Is your God that good?
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2008
michelin89:

The origin hasn't found it's cause yet. Evolution and Creation are both theories, not fully valid nor verified, we have decided to focus on. But let's move into the Christian optic and assume that God is real and that everything originated from him.

Now I ask: do you think that God is really looking after you or his only interest was to create? Perharps, since the universe is in continuous expansion, so we could deduce that the Creator is busy with another planet.

Then considering the width and the infinite dimension of this universe, why do you think God is looking at you, who is nothing but an invisible point in the whole system? Has your anthropocentrism blinded you so much that you fail to see the evidence or you really believe that the planet earth is still at the center of God's attention.

Then if you insist than God can't have abbandoned man, then asnwer this final question: Is your God that good?

comments like this chill me to the bones. It seems the main goal of the atheist is to prove one thing - that God does not care about man.
It was the same strategy the Serpent used against Eve, the very same strategy against Job.

Quite sad really.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by mazaje(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

comments like this chill me to the bones. It seems the main goal of the atheist is to prove one thing - that God does not care about man.
It was the same strategy the Serpent used against Eve, the very same strategy against Job.

Quite sad really.

the question is which of the gods? non of them really cares about man if they do nigeria will be a better place than it is right now because no where in the world do people call on jehova and allah daily for help like nigeria and they still get no answer. . . .serpent and eve? what the heck are you talking about? job? god allowed the devil to kill his family and take everything he had just because he wanted to test him according to the bible. . .why does the biblical god love killing people. . .he killed jobs family just because he wanted to test him. . will you serve a mster that kills all you family just because he wanted to test your loyalty?. . . .
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2008
mazaje:

the question is which of the gods? non of them really cares about man if they do nigeria will be a better place than it is right now because no where in the world do people call on jehova and allah daily for help like nigeria and they still get no answer. . . .serpent and eve? what the heck are you talking about? job? god allowed the devil to kill his family and take everything he had just because he wanted to test him according to the biblewhy does the biblical god love killing peoplehe killed jobs family just because he wanted to test him. . will you serve a mster that kills all you family just because he wanted to test your loyalty?. . . .

young man, save urself from an aneurysm. The amount of vitriol you spew each time you come across a christian thread leaves me fearing for ur sanity.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by mazaje(m): 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

young man, save yourself from an aneurysm. The amount of vitriol you spew each time you come across a christian thread leaves me fearing for ur sanity.

vitriol you call it. . . did the biblical god kill jobs family because he wanted to test him or not? why do christains spew all this nonsense talking points when people remaind them about the nasty and evil things their god did to humanity in the bible? did the biblical god kill people for no reason in the bible? yes, did i make the stories up? no, so what do you mean by vitriol? if calling out the biblical god for all the nonsensical killings and and evil he did in the bible is vitriol then so be it. . . .the usual talking points are its either you are troubled , not happy or insane. . . the only person that is insane is you who believes that a god that kills babies because their parents worship other gods will save you from your miserable life when you die. . . . . .
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2008
mazaje:

vitriol you call it. . . did the biblical god kill jobs family because he wanted to test him or not? why do christains spew all this nonsense talking points when people remaind them about the nasty and evil things their god did to humanity in the bible? did the biblical god kill people for no reason in the bible? yes, did i make the stories up? no, so what do you mean by vitriol? if calling out the biblical god for all the nonsensical killings and and evil he did in the bible is vitriol then so be it. . . .the usual talking points are its either you are troubled , not happy or insane. . . the only person that is insane is you who believes that a god that kills babies because their parents worship other gods will save you from your miserable life when you die. . . . . .

on and on and on and on and on . . . every single thread you come across that has the word "God" . . . over and over and over again like a broken record you repeat the same old unsubstantiated drivel.

You claim christians spill "talking points", the problem is much of your own garboil is oft-repeated, discredited talking points gleaned from other less than honest athiests like yourself. There is nothing intellectually stimulating in your "questions", they are merely the same angry, virulent and unbalanced comments all the time.

Its no surprise most people with better things to do long stopped responding to you. Much better to have you whine on every thread, makes comic relief.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Danke: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2008
huh is michelin an atheist?
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by mazaje(m): 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

on and on and on and on and on . . . every single thread you come across that has the word "God" . . . over and over and over again like a broken record you repeat the same old unsubstantiated drivel.

You claim christians spill "talking points", the problem is much of your own garboil is oft-repeated, discredited talking points gleaned from other less than honest athiests like yourself. There is nothing intellectually stimulating in your "questions", they are merely the same angry, virulent and unbalanced comments all the time.

Its no surprise most people with better things to do long stopped responding to you. Much better to have you whine on every thread, makes comic relief.

unsubstantiated?  grin grin grin even you can't stand the fact that the god you worship commited all this evil acts, i know sometimes you personally wonder why such pasages were included in the bible. . . discredited? did god kill babies because their parents worship other gods? go ahead and prove me wrong and i will give you verses from you own bible incase you have never come across them, because all what you know how to do is pick and choose all the juicy parts of the bible to comfort yourselves. . . .what is unbalanced when your loving god instructs people on how to share virgins after leading them from an unjust war? people are not responding to me because they feel embarassed by having to defend a loving god that did more evil than his arch enemy satan who is supposed to be the bad guy. . . . angry you call it go and read about the biblical gods anger and them come and lets talk about anger. . . . at least i did'nt kill 40 children for just being kids because i was angry your god did. . . . so deal with it. . . . .
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
The origin hasn't found it's cause yet. Evolution and Creation are both theories, not fully valid nor verified, we have decided to focus on. But let's move into the Christian optic and assume that God is real and that everything originated from him.

Then if you insist than God can't have abandoned man, then answer this final question: Is your God that good?

That is the point of this thread oh people , is your God good, simple and straight forward lets stick to issues here.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hey david, why the new I.d?? Did you get banned or what??

Let me just say this, Mazaje has a point,

God allowed for the murder of Jobs family just to test his loyalty
God did not allow Moses into the promised land just because he struck a rock.
God tells the children of Isreal to wipe out an entire civilisation just so they can take their land.
Killed a man who tried to stop the ark from falling.
Wiped out the entire earth with water for reasons yet unkown to me.
Took his time to build a torture chamber (Hell) for the souls of anybody who fails to see things his way.
Pulls a nasty Joke on Abraham telling him to dice his only legitimate son.

The list is endless.

This dosent portray a God that cares. Or should I bring you to real time.

Sudan
Rwanda
Sierra leone
e.t.c.

Whats the proof that God cares??
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

Quite sad really.

Come one David, I haven't even thought of Eve and Job. I am just asking.

Is Your God good?

huh is michelin an atheist?

Uhmmm! You don't discover am, abi? grin
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2008
michelin89:

Come one David, I haven't even thought of Eve and Job. I am just asking.

Is Your God good?

He is, but you can ignore Him if you want . . .

Chrisbenogor:

That is the point of this thread oh people , is your God good, simple and straight forward lets stick to issues here.

Yup. He may not be good to you, that's ok. Every man to himself.

Okija_juju:

Hey david, why the new I.d?? Did you get banned or what??

yeah.

Okija_juju:

Let me just say this, Mazaje has a point,

God allowed for the murder of Jobs family just to test his loyalty
God did not allow Moses into the promised land just because he struck a rock.
God tells the children of Isreal to wipe out an entire civilisation just so they can take their land.
Killed a man who tried to stop the ark from falling.
Wiped out the entire earth with water for reasons yet unkown to me.
Took his time to build a torture chamber (Hell) for the souls of anybody who fails to see things his way.
Pulls a nasty Joke on Abraham telling him to dice his only legitimate son.

Mazaje has no point, we've been thru his endless "list" before when i thot he was someone interested in learning. He just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again no matter how many times you try to painstakingly go thru each of his claims.

1. God did not "allow" the murder of Job's family.
2. Disobedience has repercussions, we are only blessed because we live in the period of grace. Moses and the Jews didnt have such a chance then.
3. That would be the amalekites? I've pointed this out 3000 times to block heads here, the Amalekites were punished for attacking the defenceless, the young, the old and the weak among the jews when they were crossing the wilderness. I'm disappointed with people who merely parrot things they dont know.
4. Right from the time the Ark was made, there was a strict law that no non-levite (the priesthood) shld touch the ark. Every jew is aware of this.
5. The reasons are CLEARLY spelled out in the book of Genesis. Infact Noah was sent as a warner for years before the flood. More of the usual dishonesty here.
6. Sorry bro . . . i'm supposing you advocate the elimination of the justice system in your country of residence since that is just too wicked of a government punishing people for not "seeing things" the way of your constitution?
7. Go back and read the story of Abraham before making unfounded allegations.

Okija_juju:

This dosent portray a God that cares. Or should I bring you to real time.

Sudan
Rwanda
Sierra leone
e.t.c.

It might interest you to note that Sudan is a muslim nation. Go ask your muslim brothers why their god is wicked too.
God wont fall down from heaven and tell you to stop killing urselves. Have you wondered why Africa is a hotbed of violence, famine and war and the Europeans and Americans are enjoying life? would you claim that God must only care for white people?

Simple, the whites got their hands on deck and worked to build a society, we are too busy fighting and then blaming God for our problems.

Okija_juju:

Whats the proof that God cares??

You dont need proof. you dont need to believe in God.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Danke: 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
so michelin na atheist shocked

u no be my friend again sad tongue
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2008

so michelin na atheist shocked

u no be my friend again sad tongue

Why now?? cry cry cry
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Danke: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
michelin89:

Why now?? cry cry cry

because u be atheist sad sad
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by JJYOU: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
funny how people ask questions above their pay grade as the lovely obama would say.

is  God responsible for the tribalists and zenophobic murderers in the middle east, africa and europe?
is  God migrating  the hookers and prostitutes from africa to europe today?
is God responsible for all of human decisions?
is God behind the myopic misguided people trying to prove there is no God in this forum?
is God responsible for all the immoral earnings people are living off today?
is he responsible for the drugs and illicit sex people indulge in all over the world?

some of youwish there was no God. have you imagine how you are able to breathe and how easily the gift can be taken away from.

when i get straight answers to these we begin to talk.

you are not as immortal as some of you think. you are just a breath away from your last breath but for the mercies of the God you so much hate with your small minds.

why do you strive with your maker o mortal man? dont you see what His hands and will created and be in awe?

see how innocent and better people than you and i are going to face eternity in a twinkle of an eye yet people who have no clue sit on NL asking questions

Tributes paid to family of six killed in motorway crash
Police given 36-hour extension to continue questioning driver held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving

Members of the Statham family who died in the M6 crash

Elouise, Michelle, Mason and Jay (front) Statham, who all died in a crash on the M6. Photograph: Cheshire Police/PA

Neighbours and colleagues today paid tribute to a "model family" of six who died when their car burst into flames after a series of collisions in congested motorway traffic.

The tributes came as Cheshire police were given a 36-hour extension to continue questioning a driver held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

Officers can keep Paulo Jorge Silva, 46, who was driving for a Spanish firm, in custody until 11.45pm tomorrow.

A police spokesman said the process was going slowly because an interpreter was needed in interviews.

The Statham family – including three children and a baby – died in the crash between junctions 16 and 17 of the M6 at Sandbach, Cheshire, as they were returning to their home in Llandudno, north Wales.

Chef David Statham, 38, his wife, Michelle, 33, a financial adviser, and their children Reece, 13, Jay, nine, Mason, 20 months, and Elouise, 10 weeks, had been visiting family in Birmingham when they were caught in a collision involving three lorries and two cars.

One of the Statham's neighbours, Vince Collina, 49, said he had felt a horrible sense of worry yesterday when he discovered the six dead came from Llandudno.

"My heart just sank when I found out and my mouth went dry. Then the confirmation came and it has just knocked us for six.

"They were a wonderful, model family, just six beautiful people. The kids were so polite and the parents hard-working, they were really neighbourly.

"They were always pleasant and chatty and really contributed to a sense of public spirit on the street. Everybody is really shocked and traumatised."

Statham had worked as a chef at St David's College, a private boarding and day school for 11- to 18-year-olds, for two years.

The school's bursar, Judith Leslie, said: "David was a well-liked member of staff, always had a friendly smile and would lend a helping hand - nothing was ever too much trouble.

"He will be very sadly missed. He made a huge impression because he was so amiable and cheerful."

Mrs Statham worked as a financial adviser at Beresford Adams, where her boss, Mark Slater, described her as a very warm woman with a strong personality.

"We are all devastated. Michelle was a very popular and well-respected member of staff, not just with her colleagues but across the branches. She was not just a colleague, she was a friend to many."

At Reece's school, John Bright Secondary, teachers and pupils said prayers for the family.

The headteacher, Irene Perry, said Reece was a "model pupil" who was courteous, cheerful and always positive. He was an avid Aston Villa fan who was proud of his Brummie accent, she said.

Statham grew up in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, where his mother, Angela, still lives. Neighbours there said the family moved away for "a nicer quality of life" in Wales. Next-door neighbour Judy Alexander said the family had been visiting Michelle Stratham's parents and did not believe that Angela Stratham, who was recently widowed, had ever seen her granddaughter.

David and Michelle Statham had desperately wanted a little girl and finally got their wish when Elouise was born 10 weeks ago, said Alexander.

Angela Stratham had been "shocked to the core" when she was told the news.

The mayor of Llandudno, Bill Evans, said plans would be made for an official remembrance service in the town if the Stathams' relatives wanted it.

Police said the scene on the M6 was "like a war zone", and that emergency crews who had attended would need counselling.

Inspector Brian Rogers, of Cheshire police, said: "There was the utter devastation of this vehicle." The Stratham's car was so badly damaged by the collision and fire that it had to be identified by its chassis number.

The collision happened less than two hours after the former Wigan Warriors rugby league star David Myers, 37, died when his van hit a bridge support on the same stretch of motorway.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/22/transport

Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2008
JJYOU, its all God's fault.
He's the one who has prevented NEPA from providing us with 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply. It doesnt matter that ordinary South Africa and Ghana can achieve that already . . . perhaps God has pitched His hammock there.

Oh and manmustwack says God must take the blame for muslim leaders who wish to kill the blacks in Darfur . . . never mind that the Canadians have been living in perfect peace for donkey yrs . . . or perhaps God has his special garrage there.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
@all
Isn't A God Who Only Created [b]More Logica[/b]l Than A God Who Cares

Read the above at least twice and pause at the bold part, then try to answer with a clear mind,

Cheers
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2008
Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares?

Am I missing something? Should there be a difference between the two? undecided As far as I'm concerned God's both of the above.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@all
Isn't A God Who Only Created [b]More Logica[/b]l Than A God Who Cares

Read the above at least twice and pause at the bold part, then try to answer with a clear mind,

Cheers

that "question" is bogus at best. Lets look at a scenario, what is the difference between a man who fathered you and a father who cares?

The essence of that "question" is the same old trick in another form - a subtle attempt to say the same thing atheists have been crying about for so long . . . well we are not sure if a God exists or not but lets just say He doesnt care for anyone and we can all live without Him.

What really is new?
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2008
@david and stillwater

I stressed the part in bold because I want you to see that it may not be the same thing as obtainable from the bible, LOGIC is the main thing connecting the both premises.
To answer your question david, a father can not care about his child, that does not stop him from being the father of the child.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david and stillwater

I stressed the part in bold because I want you to see that it may not be the same thing as obtainable from the bible, LOGIC is the main thing connecting the both premises.
To answer your question david, a father can not care about his child, that does not stop him from being the father of the child.

the term "logic" is always bandied around by too many athiests as if everyone else lacks the capacity to be logical. the problem is most i have encountered are not very bright themselves and have trouble logically connecting issues, including many on these religion threads.

Back to your "scenario", the part in bold makes no sense. Essentially the writer is trying to say "well cant we all just believe that God created the earth (since i have failed to disprove this) and not bother about Him being involved with man".

that isnt logic at all. that is merely seeking an excuse to continue living in sin.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2008
As I said earlier, I do not see why there should be a differentiation.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:00am On Oct 25, 2008
@david
Easy for the beef on atheists, I am only trying to examine a statement here, I have been a victim of religious beliefs and I lost people dear to me but I try not to be venomous to christians on this forum, lets just keep a clear head please.
@stillwater et david
What I was trying to point out is this, from the statement one can deduce the following
1. There is a God
2. That God created the universe
3. That maybe he does not care about his creation.
Is the above possible "logically" I think it is, clearer now?
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 12:01am On Oct 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

What I was trying to point out is this, from the statement one can deduce the following
1. There is a God
2. That God created the universe
3. That maybe he does not care about his creation.
Is the above possible "logically" I think it is, clearer now?

The above will only be "logical" if the writer has invented her own god whom she is refering to. the God of the bible that i know cares for His own creation so much He didnt think twice about laying His own life down for His friends.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:08am On Oct 25, 2008
Great now your talking, but sorry to sound like mazaje here is that God not responsible for those deaths in the old testament, it is the same way someone can say he did that and that means he does not care.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 12:09am On Oct 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Great now your talking, but sorry to sound like mazaje here is that God not responsible for those deaths in the old testament, it is the same way someone can say he did that and that means he does not care.

How is He responsible? Is the president of a country directly responsible for armed robbery?
since when did God become "responsible" for the actions of men with a choice?

Chris, i gotta run. I'll address your other concerns later. Adios bro . . . at least you are civil and level headed.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by manmustwac(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2008
DavidDylan:

JJYOU, its all God's fault.
He's the one who has prevented NEPA from providing us with 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply. It doesnt matter that ordinary South Africa and Ghana can achieve that already . . . perhaps God has pitched His hammock there.

Oh and manmustwack says God must take the blame for muslim leaders who wish to kill the blacks in Darfur . . . never mind that the Canadians have been living in perfect peace for donkey years . . . or perhaps God has his special garrage there.
DavidDylan can you please paste the link here where i supposedly made such a statement because i think your mistaken me for somebody else
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2008
No worries david, me I have to hit the sack its past midnight.
Cheers.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by DavidDylan(m): 12:55am On Oct 25, 2008
manmustwac:

DavidDylan can you please paste the link here where i supposedly made such a statement because i think your mistaken me for somebody else

I thot u mentioned Sudan, Rwanda as examples of God's wickedness. Read ur last post.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by mazaje(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2008
i will like to know why christains mock prophet mohammed for being a pedophile when the biblical god did worse things than him in the bible . . . . here are so example of the biblical god ' wickedness

God’s episodes of murdering innocent individuals for the faults of their leaders, fathers, or other ancestors are not uncommon in the Old Testament. Jephthah asks for God’s assistance in killing the children of Ammon and promises him the first person out of his house upon his return as a burnt sacrifice if he will agree to aid with the massacre. God concurs and lethally delivers the children of Ammon into Jephthah’s hands. When Jephthah returns, his daughter, an only child, makes her way outside to welcome him home. Two months later, Jephthah regretfully fulfills his promise by burning his daughter as a sacrifice to God (Judges 11:29-39). Why would God allow a man to offer an innocent person as a reward unless God also intended for certain people to be mere possessions?

While David is King, he decides to conduct a census: a horrendous sin in God’s eyes. As punishment for his poor decision, he is to select among seven years of famine, three months of fleeing from his enemies, and three days of pestilence. Unable to choose from the offered catastrophes, God picks the three days of pestilence that result in the deaths of 70,000 men. Women and children weren’t mentioned, not that the Bible considered them to have any real value in the first place. Again, God murders enough people to fill a sizable city for the “sin” of one man. David subsequently cries out to God and asks him why he wants to murder innocent people who had nothing to do with the decision to execute a census. Of course God doesn’t provide an impossible answer for this sensible question, but his reasons scarcely seem morally or ethically justifiable (2 Samuel 24:10-17).

David’s new son, Solomon, turns away from the Hebrew god and decides to worship other deities. Solomon’s decision infuriates God, but he isn’t punished because God recently came to like David. Instead, he punishes Solomon’s son by taking away part of his land when he comes to power (1 Kings 11:9-13). Once again, we see the impossibility of being free from God’s anger even when living in total obedience to him. In essence, Solomon’s son was divinely punished before he was ever born.
Re: Isn't A God Who Only Created More Logical Than A God Who Also Cares? by mazaje(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
In an exploit of inconceivable irrationality, God sends forth two bears to kill forty-two children for making fun of Elisha’s bald head (2 Kings 2:23-24). Why would the omnibenevolent God feel the necessity to have two bears viciously maul little children for acting like…children?

After delivering the Amorites into the hands of Joshua, he sends down a hailstorm in order to kill a large portion of the people who flee from battle (Joshua 10:8-11). God assists in the war between Barak and Sisera by surrounding Sisera’s army and forcing them to dismount from their chariots. Because of his intervention, Sisera’s entire army faces imminent death at the hands of Barak (Judges 4:14-15). God causes the Midianites to kill one another (Judges 7:22-23). He confuses the Philistines and causes them to kill one another (1 Samuel 14:20-23). He inflicts a number of people with blindness because Elisha asks him to do so (2 Kings 6:18). He causes a seven-year famine without specifying a reason (2 Kings 8:1). God kills Jeroboam because he’s the leader of the enemies (2 Chronicles 13:20). He kills Nabal without specifying a reason, but it’s probably because David desires his wife and other belongings (1 Samuel 25:38). God sends an angel to kill 185,000 men in an Assyrian camp because they’re enemies of his people (2 Kings 19:31-35). He plagues Azariah, a man labeled as a good King, with leprosy for the remainder of his life because he allows people to burn incense in a location displeasing to God (2 Kings 15:1-5). This is another great example of an overbearing punishment for breaking an asinine law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Justice Of God Of The Bible / Satan / Who Is The Creator??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.