Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October (31410 Views)

List Of Public. Private Universities And Colleges In United State / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria / Mark Calls For Public, Private Partnership To Save Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Airforce1(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Good move
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by jamb20s: 6:19am On Aug 27, 2014
click the below link to know how i get 330mb free from MTN http:///1nyefFu
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by nwaobitex: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2014
na only lagos abi na the whole nigeria. I don tire to dey stay at home o
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by EbuGeneral(m): 6:30am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
are the blocking your way from bleeping your boyfriend? sorry
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ask4slimjay: 6:31am On Aug 27, 2014
StealthyMe: Ebola: FG closes all PRIVATE and PUBLIC primary and secondary schools till 13th October.

The Federal Government has directed that all private and public primary and secondary schools should remain closed till 13th October, 2014 as a preventive measure against the spread of Ebola Virus Disease.

The preventive measures are decisions reached in a meeting the Minister of Education held with State Commissioners of Education in Abuja on tuesday (today). This measure was announced by the Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

He said that any private school that fails to comply will be duly sanctioned by the State Ministry of Education.The Minister said that the government will go to any length to punish any school that fails to comply.He added all the State Ministries of Education are to immediately organise and ensure that at least two staff in each school, both public and private are trained on how to handle any suspected Ebola case.

Shekarau said the training of the staff on health must be concluded by 15th September, 2015.Shekarau said that he would meet with all State Commissioners of Education on 23rd September, 2014 to appraise the situation.

Till my Birthday?...wow!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Jesuspistol(m): 6:37am On Aug 27, 2014
Tazmode: Mehn, see enjoyment o

Lolz. Lazy student
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2014
EbuGeneral: are the blocking your way from bleeping your boyfriend? sorry
angry, ha ha
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ask4bk(m): 6:42am On Aug 27, 2014
All Churches and Mosques have been closed by FG till 20th November. All pastors and imams are to meet for a training on how to handle Ebola suspects.

No be only schools nah!

9ja just sabi how to escalate problem. Well, let's just hope they are doing the right thing.

*picks up corn to roast on mainroad. See u guys in October.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by omisakint: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2014
DollyParton1: They still hold holiday coaching for these same kids. So what the hell is the FG extending the holidays for? They will still end up mingling except they stopped the coaching.
What about churches and mosques?
This decision is not the best

SuMmer lesson stopped as well.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by LOVEGINO(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Chai! hungry go finish teachers!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by AONO: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2014
They forget to tell the minister that the students are going for summer lesson so whats the difference.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by omisakint: 6:52am On Aug 27, 2014
AONO: They forget to tell the minister that the students are going for summer lesson so whats the difference.

Summer lessons stopped as well
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 27, 2014
StealthyMe: Ebola: FG closes all PRIVATE and PUBLIC primary and secondary schools till 13th October.

The Federal Government has directed that all private and public primary and secondary schools should remain closed till 13th October, 2014 as a preventive measure against the spread of Ebola Virus Disease.

The preventive measures are decisions reached in a meeting the Minister of Education held with State Commissioners of Education in Abuja on tuesday (today). This measure was announced by the Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

He said that any private school that fails to comply will be duly sanctioned by the State Ministry of Education.The Minister said that the government will go to any length to punish any school that fails to comply.He added all the State Ministries of Education are to immediately organise and ensure that at least two staff in each school, both public and private are trained on how to handle any suspected Ebola case.

Shekarau said the training of the staff on health must be concluded by 15th September, 2015.Shekarau said that he would meet with all State Commissioners of Education on 23rd September, 2014 to appraise the situation.
source please
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Fit2Rule:
source please

Already Posted ; but here it is again - http://www.news247.com.ng/news/ebola-primary-secondary-schools-closed-till-oct-13#.U_1lsl2t-o8
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Akalia(m): 7:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Become a Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria(TAN) and enjoy great membership benefit. Click http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=169176
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by daviesmania(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2014
This decision is friendly with my pes2 biz.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by emymeeky: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....

Hahahahaha .
You don tire for them ba? U never see something grin
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 27, 2014
If dis news is real, then the right to do is EXTEND THIS MEASURE TO ANY ORGANISATION DAT COMMMANDS LARGE GATHERINGS... and dat means all sectors wl be affected. For me, Its a THUMBS DOWN DECISION!!!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2014
Fit2Rule:
source please

Actually, the post was taken from AIT's facebook page - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7506310863
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 27, 2014
:Dchai! bidemi go api die if he hear diz news :Dchai! bidemi go api die if he hear diz news
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by tivta(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG: What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.
. Don't you people know how children behave? Even market women know how to protect their self. Its quite long but its necessary. Remember nigeria now has only one case of the ebola virus. If not for this things would have gotten worse. Nigerians just don't know how to think beyond today.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by berbs113(f): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Cool,I will just need 3days to Pass out... Enjoyment... I'm good to go...
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pampers: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Patrick sawyer practically affected all nigerians lifr. Directly or indirectly.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by MrMi6(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG: What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.
don't mind these Mofos...
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by LordCenturion(m): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2014

So,u don vomit two sharperly? ,o girl, u try o. ... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2014
omisakint:
SuMmer lesson stopped as well.
Not everywhere bro, most of them are on and will be closing this friday.

My children are quite a handful but if it's for their longterm safety, I don't mind going through the stress for a few more weeks. Children don't know how to protect themselves like we adults, it's just by God's grace and adults' guidance. It's an OK move if they will spend the extra time educating teachers and school owners. I pray they find a lasting solution to ebola quickly.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 7:37am On Aug 27, 2014
LordCenturion:

So,u don vomit two sharperly? ,o girl, u try o. ... grin grin grin grin

three sef grin
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Slimwize(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2014
People don d fear this ebola pass GOD
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by nunumally: 7:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Acts like this make me remember we still have some responsible smart leaders.
My boys are a handful but keeping them safe beats all the stress in the world. At least lets be sure 2 cycles (21 + 21 = 42 days) have passed without another confirmed case, then we can be sure the virus is contained.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Abbiewyse: 7:47am On Aug 27, 2014
The pupils are not completely outta school. They still go to school for holiday classes. The difference is 12noon/4pm then mufti/uniform. Private sch teachers....Hmmmm
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by johnshagb(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Orjhong: are there any batch c Corp members who teach here... are you thinking what I'm thinking?? wink
LoL...... Correct

One cow leg for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10000 For 10 Students Check Your Names / Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.