Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? (4371 Views)

Shark FC, Other Football Players Sleep In Front Of Rivers Govt House / Supersport – Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Football Players / Nigerian Football Players' Real Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by Davidbanky(m): 5:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear nairalanders, I had this argument with a school mate one time about players not using different jersey every game they play, I was wondering how a player will use one jersey per game and some play over 40games in a season, I feel it's not possible, even if it is, there will be so much environmental hazard and all....

Please if anyone knows more about this, please I will really love to hear it...
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Things have changed over recent years.
Until the late 90s, there used to be laundry room
where the shirts were cleaned, reconditioned and
sent out again. Nowadays, the shirts are only ever
worn once because the club get so many requests
from charities for shirts to be donated. Some
players keep their shirts, some swap them with
opponents and some donate them via the club.
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 27, 2014
The kit man takes three shirts per player to
each game – one per half, plus a spare for
emergencies. Afterwards, he collects and launders
them, ready for next week. For big games, the club
permits the players to swap or keep their shirts, but
that is agreed beforehand and the players are fined
if they do it when they’re not allowed.

1 Like

Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 27, 2014
Davidbanky: Dear nairalanders, I had this argument with a school mate one time about players not using different jersey every game they play, I was wondering how a player will use one jersey per game and some play over 40games in a season, I feel it's not possible, even if it is, there will be so much environmental hazard and all....

Please if anyone knows more about this, please I will really love to hear it...
Yea. I asked one guy that question too. He said they take it home and I began to wonder what dia closet would look like, then he said they dash it out.
It didn't make an sense to me, but I'm a girl, I shouldn't be arguing tinx like dat with a guy... angry

1 Like

Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by spyg1(m): 7:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Yeah they use to take it home, My brother who is playing abroad, use to bring like 100 jerseys evry season and distribute in the community. If you want, you will be using only one, and be collecting money for unused ones(but nobody want to show dt he is all that hungry), and the ones you give to fans and opponents you pay for them.
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by stormybucci(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2014
spyg1: Yeah they use to take it home, My brother who is playing abroad, use to bring like 100 jerseys evry season and distribute in the community.
your brothers name, club, jersey number,pichure of him putting on d jersey,pichure dat d both of u took together or adonbilivit
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by spyg1(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2014
stormybucci: your brothers name, club, jersey number,pichure of him putting on d jersey,pichure dat d both of u took together or adonbilivit
do u want to ask him?
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by spyg1(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2014
stormybucci: your brothers name, club, jersey number,pichure of him putting on d jersey,pichure dat d both of u took together or adonbilivit
i only answered your question, im not here for proofs, take it or leave it. Besides, they don't show ID on NL
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by stormybucci(m): 7:40am On Aug 27, 2014
spyg1: do u want to ask him?
doh!!!! am asking u, aren't u his brodq??
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by spyg1(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2014
stormybucci: doh!!!! am asking u, aren't u his brodq??
u don't in a way i will tell you.
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by stormybucci(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2014
spyg1: u don't in a way i will tell you.
mtcheew.... wareva
Re: Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? by Johnnoah1st: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Lyrics: Harry Song - Reggae Blues Remix Ft. Mourinho / Bet9ja Winning Formula Discovered / Man City Star Riyad Mahrez's Wife Filmed Driving With Her Feet On Highway(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.