Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis (3856 Views)

Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by bartdece: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
Stephen Davis is a well-known Australian mediator who was in Nigeria for 4 months trying to rescue the Chibok girls. For all those who say it is a scam, read this. The outlook is very very bleak. In fact there is no hope for the girls. 4 months of torture and rape and no way out. The article I post appeared today in several Australian media.

"Australian Stephen Davis risked life in attempt to rescue kidnapped Nigerian girls

A Perth-based international adviser has survived months of extreme danger to try to rescue more than 270 schoolgirls kidnapped by terrorist group Boko Haram in Nigeria.
Stephen Davis, 63, has returned from a four-month sojourn with rare footage of the intense fighting in Nigeria's north-east, as Boko Haram stepped up efforts to establish an Islamic state.
Dr Davis, who has a PhD in political geography, has worked as an adviser to the past two presidents of Nigeria.
He established extensive contacts with tribes and terrorist groups in Africa, including three small cells of Al Qaeda, while working as a trouble-shooter for oil and gas company Shell in the Niger delta.
When news broke in April about the girls' kidnapping from a school in the village of Chibok, near the Cameroon border, Dr Davis, who had recently moved to Perth from London, decided he could not sit on his hands.
During the journey his life was threatened more than once, but his Australian passport saved him.
"When confronted by groups with an AK-47 in my face they'd say, 'you are American, we have to kill you'," Dr Davis said.
"When you say, no I'm not American, they think you are British, and say you will still die, but when I said I'm Australian, they said that's all right.

"I have no idea why but it's certainly been helpful."
The devout Christian managed to smuggle out of the country footage of a handful of schoolgirls who escaped from Boko Haram.
They detail the atrocities they endured, including being raped almost on a daily basis.

Release agreed as 'goodwill' gesture
Following media reports that nobody knew where the girls were, he decided to reach out to his contacts.
"I made a few phone calls to the Boko Haram commanders and they confirmed they were in possession of the girls," he said.
"They told me they'd be prepared to release some as a goodwill gesture towards a peace deal with the government, so I went to Nigeria on the basis of being able to secure their release."
Arriving in Nigeria, Dr Davis quickly set up talks with commanders and he believed he had brokered a deal.
Fearing being arrested, the Boko Haram commanders - holding the girls across the border in Cameroon - had a list of conditions.
They wanted the military stood down and promised to drop the girls in a village before phoning to give their exact location.
Dr Davis said they lived up to their promise, but in a country ravaged by war and corruption, the rescue was sabotaged.
"The girls were there, 60 girls, there were 20 vehicles with girls," he said.
"We travelled for four-and-a-half hours to reach them, but 15 minutes before we arrived they were kidnapped again by another group who wanted to cash in on a reward.
"The police had offered a reward of several million Naira just 24 hours before we went to pick them up.
"I understand, from the Boko Haram commanders I spoke to, the girls eventually ended up back with them.
"I don't know what happened to the group that took them but I suspect it wasn't good."

Four girls escaped by heading west

Dr Davis said a young man kidnapped by Boko Haram and used as a driver later helped a handful of girls escape.
One kidnapped girl, who managed to avoid having her mobile phone confiscated by turning it off and hiding it in her bra, managed to call her family while hiding in bushes, but had no idea where she was or which direction she should be heading.
After being told to walk west by following the sunset each evening the four girls managed to cross the border from Cameroon and into Nigeria before being reunited with their families.
So far they are the only girls to have escaped from a Boko Haram camp.
When Dr Davis later tried to contact, via text, the young man who helped them, he received a sobering reply.
"The person you are trying to contact has gone on a journey from which there is no return," the reply read.
"He was an infidel."

Dr Davis said the longer he stayed in Nigeria the more it dawned on him the kidnappings would not end.
"It became very clear that if I was able to get 50 girls released then another group would kidnap 70 or 80 more," he said.
"So by freeing 50 you were consigning 70 or 80 more to the same fate."

Atrocities going unreported
Dr Davis said initially journalists from around the world including CNN, the ABC and the BBC flooded into the country, but they concluded it was far too dangerous to send any crews into the north-east of the country.
He said since then, the violence in north-east Nigeria and the threat of foreign journalists being kidnapped and beheaded meant there had been limited coverage of the crimes being committed by Boko Haram.
"Boko Haram used to telephone Nigerian journalists and give them a story, but that doesn't happen anymore," he said.
"They go straight to social media. They post their own material and they've learnt to become very savvy on social media and use it as an instrument to terrorise."

Dr Davis said he had realised the only way to stop the kidnappings was to stop the sponsors of Boko Haram.
While Al Qaeda was involved in training Boko Haram recruits, Dr Davis said one of their major sources of funding - aside from raiding banks - was Nigerian politicians.
"That makes it easier in some ways as they can be arrested, but of course the onus of proof is high and many are in opposition, so if the president moves against them, he would be accused of trying to rig the elections due early next year," he said.
"So I think this will run through to the election unabated.
"These politicians think that if they win power they can turn these terrorists off, but this has mutated.
"It's no longer a case of Muslims purifying by killing off Christians. They are just killing indiscriminately, beheading, disembowelling people - men, women and children and whole villages.
"I would say it's almost beyond the control of the political sponsors now.
"Terror groups are linking up in Somalia, southern Sudan, Egypt and we have fairly strong evidence they are talking with ISIS members.
"They will link up with ISIS and Al Shabaab and I think that what we are seeing in that region is the new homeland of radical Islam in the world."

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by chinakobo(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Back to sender! Nigeria can't be homeland of terror.

3 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Donmarrius: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Yes,their isn't any hope for this aborminable contraption called Nigeria.
Those shouting One Nigeria,should go and start from Northeast Nigeria.

For APC supporters,read that report again and again,you should be ashamed of yourselves,for identifying with the 'opposition party',whose politicians,are the sponsors of this injustice against humanity.

8 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
It's a sad situation made worse by the fact that the government at hand does not have the will to investigate and prosecute the sponsors many of who are political bigwigs.

2 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by egbaguy: 8:57am On Aug 27, 2014
why cant this stupid australian give the security people bokoharam commander's number? Atleast,dey can be traced and arrested.........all these people are bokoharam accomplice

2 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by PapaBrowne(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Dr Davis said he had realised the only way to stop the kidnappings was to stop the sponsors of Boko Haram.
While Al Qaeda was involved in training Boko Haram recruits, Dr Davis said one of their major sources of funding - aside from raiding banks - was Nigerian politicians.

"That makes it easier in some ways as they can be arrested, but of course the onus of proof is high and many are in opposition, so if the president moves against them, he would be accused of trying to rig the elections due early next year," he said.
"These politicians think that if they win power they can turn these terrorists off, but this has mutated.

"It's no longer a case of Muslims purifying by killing off Christians. They are just killing indiscriminately, beheading, disembowelling people - men, women and children and whole villages.
"I would say it's almost beyond the control of the political sponsors now.
"Terror groups are linking up in Somalia, southern Sudan, Egypt and we have fairly strong evidence they are talking with ISIS members.
"They will link up with ISIS and Al Shabaab and I think that what we are seeing in that region is the new homeland of radical Islam in the world."

Pretty obvious whats happening in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2014
"I made a few phone calls to the Boko Haram commanders and they confirmed they were in possession of the girls," he said.

First he said he has contact of BH commanders, that means they use Mobile Phones, the DSS and DMI can tap their phone conversations to establish who their "contacts" are. This shouldn't be difficult. As for the Opposition? Well I won't say exclusively but I insist that Political backers of BH are spread across the Ruling and Opposition Party. Who are their major accomplice? One can't say. A thorough investigation should be done on Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Senator Ali Ndume and other identified contacts including Shetim Shetima.
On a second thought I don't trust this Davis Man, he is most likely an accomplice fronting for the West

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Jakpon: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2014
Donmarrius:
For APC supporters,read that report again and again,you should be ashamed of yourselves,for identifying with the 'opposition party',whose politicians,are the sponsors of this injustice against humanity.
Ali Modu Sheriff, the former Governor of Borno state was the founder and financier of Boko Haram before the group went bersek.
Mohammed Yusuf, Abubakar Shekau, Mamman Nur, Kabiru Sokoto, Abu Qaqa etc were once on his paylist. The last time we checked, Ali Modu Sheriff is now with the PDP

18 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Jakpon: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2014
This story is as fake as sh1t. Mr OP, where is your source?

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Sirniyeh(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2014
October 1st is the right time and right day to terminate all these enemies of Nigeria's unrest.
I know they must all gather to celebrate independence, then action will spark them all. That's my opinion but who is ready to do that?

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Amanwulu1(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2014
oppositn blackmailing GEJ because of 2015 but I see some people embarking on a self imposed exile after GEJ must have won d electn. Nothing and nobody can stp GEJ except God even tho Idonbilivit (d article i mean).

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Iluvberem: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmmm now the truth is now coming out!!!!

BOKOHARAM ARE APC----DSS

Now this white dude have confirmed it yet some niggas are still living in denial.

I pity those who support this evil called APC

Return to GEJ and BE free

GEJ till 2019
OR
To your tents OH Israel
Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by ratiken(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Think
Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Donmarrius: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Jakpon: Ali Modu Sheriff, the former Governor of Borno state was the founder and financier of Boko Haram before the group went bersek.
Mohammed Yusuf, Abubakar Shekau, Mamman Nur, Kabiru Sokoto, Abu Qaqa etc were once on his paylist. The last time we checked, Ali Modu Sheriff is now with the PDP
According to you,Ali Modu Sherrif founded Boko Haram,but the report above said that,Opposition party,whose interest is to grab power in 2015,are the one's oiling boko haram now,to use them and achieve their objective.of course you know Modu Sherrif isn't running for presidency,then who are those in opposition,that their interest are being served,if not those who are angling to grab thd top position in 2015?
Again,Modu Sherrif,has proven himself to be free from the further oiling of boko haram operations,by dissociating himself,from the gang of power mongering monsters,who are the supposed opposition,that are oiling boko haram.He left APC,because of that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by hushmail: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2014
dis guy is looking 4 cheap publicity

d story is full of inconsistencies

y did the group dat kidnapped d 70 girls not ask 4 ransome?

Y did BH not kidnap him unless he is a collaborator?

What r d names of d political sponsors?

Where is d hidden footage?

A 63 yr old man how was he able to traverse d terrain of sambisa?

Conclusion: story 4 d gods

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Jakpon: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2014
hushmail: dis guy is looking 4 cheap publicity

d story is full of inconsistencies

y did the group dat kidnapped d 70 girls not ask 4 ransome?

Y did BH not kidnap him unless he is a collaborator?

What r d names of d political sponsors?

Where is d hidden footage?

A 63 yr old man how was he able to traverse d terrain of sambisa?

Conclusion: story 4 d gods
If you believe this article then you can believe anything. The sourceless story is fake, concocted from the OP's imaginary fantasies

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by ratiken(m): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2014
Its no news that the opposition is the sponsor of bokoharam.

However, there must be an end to this.
Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Donmarrius: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
that statement was originally made by John F. Kennedy. Is he also a terrorist? Is he sponsoring boko haram.

Have you asked yourself those resisting peaceful change?
Intelligent brother.
If i did recall my question,what i asked you was,which Nigerian politician did use that statement.i never asked you who first used it.
Nobody is making peace change difficult,except those with born to rule mentality.it is those who thinks that,Nigeria is their conquered territory.it is those who thinks that,being in opposition means lying and sponsoring terrorist group,in other to grab power.

2 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Donmarrius: If i did recall my question,what i asked you was,which Nigerian politician did use that statement.i never asked you who first used it.
Nobody is making peace change difficult,except those with born to rule mentality.it is those who thinks that,Nigeria is their conquered territory.it is those who thinks that,being in opposition means lying and sponsoring terrorist group,in other to grab power.
el rufai, JFK originally. The change the has and is being refused peacefully is the pdp's grip on power (dominated by the north)

So i ask again
Is JFK also a terrorist? Is he sponsoring boko
haram, because he created that statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by MisterLongman(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2014
So where is the video footage

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2014
these APC goons that always believe what any oyibo says, at least one of them has now fingered your pay masters as the sponsors of book haram and the brain behind the kidnap of chibok girls

1 Like

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by MisterLongman(m): 11:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
el rufai, JFK originally. The change the has and is being refused peacefully is the pdp's grip on power (dominated by the north)

So i ask again
Don't mind the dullard..... GEJ might be the president but the northerners occupies a large chunk of position in his cabinet..... Ali modu sheriff and ali ndume has been indicted in boko haram case , yet they are still freemen..... According to the arrested boko haram spokesman Abu qaqa, Pdp borno used boko haram to victimise opposition and the people in 2011..... Late Azazi already confessed Pdp is associated with bokoharam, maybe that's why they eliminated him

5 Likes

Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by Donmarrius: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

So i ask again
Look here,stop beating about the bush.PDP 'grip' on power,are we in military or democracy?.PDP is in power,by popular choice,if you feel otherwise,vote them out in 2015,not via terrorism!.
Kennedy made that comment,but was hijacked by the opposition here,and for wrong usage.
Re: Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
OP...add "sauce" before I comment grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Just Overtook The USA As The World's Largest Economy / Pictures Of President Goodluck Jonathan In Militry Uniform. / Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.