Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,518 members, 7,861,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Whats Your Take On National Open University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats Your Take On National Open University (621 Views)

FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / National Open University of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Take On National Open University by Nosaghae(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2014
My girlfriend discovered in 2011 that her admission in DELSU was fake having spent 3years.
She later applied for part time programme; as a result of the rumor of scrapping part time program from nigerian universities, she also stopped.
This year she wrote jamb and scored 188. She applied for nursing but before post UTME she decided to do a change of course from nursing to microbiology. She sent money to her friend to help her process the change of course.
When it was time for the post utme exam she went, wrote,result came out but her score was not found only for her to discover that her friend did not process the change of course which means she wrote post utme at the wrong department.
Just yesterday she told me that she wants to apply for admission at national open university.
Pls i need some advice.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by write2obi(m): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2014
I am even considering going for a postgraduate course but am still watching them, I've heard more negative than positive comments about NOUN.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by isoh(m): 4:00am On Aug 28, 2014
hello friend I'll advice you ask her to try an A'level programme which offers admission to 200L in Delsu or any other. Having been in a conventional university before, going a non- conventional university will be discouraging at the long run.

A bulk of the students in NOUN didn't understand the nature of the school when they applied and at such the revelations after applying makes the school boring.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by write2obi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
isoh: hello friend I'll advice you ask her to try an A'level programme which offers admission to 200L in Delsu or any other. Having been in a conventional university before, going a non- conventional university will be discouraging at the long run.

A bulk of the students in NOUN didn't understand the nature of the school when they applied and at such the revelations after applying makes the school boring.
What revelations exactly?
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by isoh(m): 5:10am On Aug 29, 2014
write2obi:

If you are going for a post graduate and you are already working, then all well and good. But if you intend to look for job with that A4 from now, bros I'll advice even a distance learning programme than NOUN
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by isoh(m): 5:10am On Aug 29, 2014
write2obi:

If you are going for a post graduate and you are already working, then all well and good. But if you intend to look for job with that A4 from now, bros I'll advice even a distance learning programme than NOUN.

For an undergraduate, speaking from an insider pls reconsider your stand, job prospect wise.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by Omotolani94(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014
if u dnt knw anytin abt NOUN den u shut ur mouth and dnt discourage others.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by Omotolani94(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2014
if ur girl is sure of herself let her obtain d form but if she is nt den she shld 4get abt it. I am a NOUN student and i hv no regret watsoever and i'm proud of my school.
Re: Whats Your Take On National Open University by isoh(m): 12:02am On Aug 31, 2014
Omotolani94: if u dnt knw anytin abt NOUN den u shut ur mouth and dnt discourage others.

I thought you are already employed with a NOUN certificate

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Very Reason We Fail WASSCE And Guess What?we Are The Cause! / 2014 NECO June/july Result Statistics Released / Help Into EBSU In 2014/2015 Admission 2nd Batch: 08063359536

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.