Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

"Where Do You Go When You Die?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Where Do You Go When You Die?" (929 Views)

7 Facts U Need To Know About Religion And God Before You Die! / Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? / What Can You Die For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wherever I want !!
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
donroxy:

Wherever I want !!

Your decision now will determine your destiny.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your decision know will determine your destiny.
I can't understand you !
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
donroxy:

I can't understand you !

This is the proposition before you:

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Your choice determines where you will spend eternity.

Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by emotional(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

bros oh. Pls this book you quoted was actually written to d descendants of Abraham,if am not mistaken. What does that got to do with d descendants of "ogiso" or odua?

1 Like

Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by dorox(m): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The choices I see here is life and death, I been think say your own belief na heaven and hell fire.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
emotional:

bros oh. Pls this book you quoted was actually written to d descendants of Abraham,if am not mistaken. What does that got to do with d descendants of "ogiso" or odua?

Everything.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
dorox:

The choices I see here is life and death, I been think say your own belief na heaven and hell fire.

Yes. It is a matter of life and death.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by seankafor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
all depends on ur faith
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by seankafor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
all depends on ur faith dont be suprised all these terrorisys dat die for their faith and course goes to heaven...just sayin
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
seankafor:

all depends on ur faith

And that is if faith is based on the solid ground.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"Where do you go when you die?" - http://www.gotquestions.org/where-do-you-go-when-you-die.html

Answer: The Bible is absolutely clear that, ultimately, there are only two options for where you go when you die: heaven or hell. The Bible also makes it abundantly clear that you can determine where you go when you die. How? Read on.

First, the problem. We have all sinned (Romans 3:23). We have all done things that are wrong, evil, or immoral (Ecclesiastes 7:20). Our sin separates us from God, and, if left unresolved, our sin will result in us being eternally separated from God (Matthew 25:46; Romans 6:23a). This eternal separation from God is hell, described in the Bible as an eternal lake of fire (Revelation 20:14–15).

Now, the solution. God became a human being in the person of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, 14; 8:58; 10:30). He lived a sinless life (1 Peter 3:22; 1 John 3:5) and willingly sacrificed His life on our behalf (1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 1:18–19). His death paid the penalty for our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). God now offers us salvation and forgiveness as a gift (Romans 6:23b) that we must receive by faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8–9). “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). Trust in Jesus alone as your Savior, relying on His sacrifice alone as the payment for your sins, and, according to the Word of God, you are promised eternal life in heaven.

Where do you go when you die? It is up to you. God offers you the choice. God invites you to come to Him. It is your call.

If you feel God drawing you to faith in Christ (John 6:44), come to the Savior. If God is lifting the veil and removing your spiritual blindness (2 Corinthians 4:4), look to the Savior. If you are experiencing a spark of life in what has always been dead (Ephesians 2:1), come to life through the Savior.

Where do you go when you die? Heaven or hell. Through Jesus Christ, hell is avoidable. Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, and heaven will be your eternal destination. Make any other decision, and eternal separation from God in hell will be the result (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

If you now understand the two possibilities of where do you go when you die, and you want to trust Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, make sure you understand and believe the following, and as an act of faith, communicate the following to God: “God, I know that I am a sinner, and I know that because of my sin I deserve to be eternally separated from you. Even though I do not deserve it, thank you for loving me and providing the sacrifice for my sins through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and I trust in Him alone to save me. From this point forward, help me to live my life for you instead of for sin. Help me to live the rest of my life in gratitude for the wonderful salvation you have provided. Thank you, Jesus, for saving me!”

Have you made a decision for Christ because of what you have read here? If so, please click on the "I have accepted Christ today" button below.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/where-do-you-go-when-you-die.html#ixzz3CFhalSHI
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by Atigba: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
Grave
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Atigba:

Grave

Your body goes to the grave, what happens to your spirit/soul?
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by Atigba: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your body goes to the grave, what happens to your spirit/soul?
grave
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Atigba:

grave

Can your spirit be trapped in the grave?
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by Atigba: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Can your spirit be trapped in the grave?
the soul that sinneth shall die.the soul die also spirit
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Atigba:

the soul that sinneth shall die.the soul die also spirit

How does the spirit and soul die? undecided
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by aydah(f): 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19). 'Life' here means rightoeusness and eventual eternal life. When a person dies both soul and spirit go to either eternal damnation(hell) or to eternal life (heaven). Your deeds on earth will speak for you. Please not there is nothing like ghosts. These are farmiliar spirits sent by the devil to assume the likeness of a dead person to deceive mankind. In Heb 9:27, God says " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this judgement". So beware. Just give your life to Christ, live righteous an you will be sure to make heaven! smiley

1 Like

Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by aydah(f): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pls note: nobody's spirit can be trapped in a grave. It goes either to heaven or to hell!
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
aydah:

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19). 'Life' here means rightoeusness and eventual eternal life. When a person dies both soul and spirit go to either eternal damnation(hell) or to eternal life (heaven). Your deeds on earth will speak for you. Please not there is nothing like ghosts. These are farmiliar spirits sent by the devil to assume the likeness of a dead person to deceive mankind. In Heb 9:27, God says " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this judgement". So beware. Just give your life to Christ, live righteous an you will be sure to make heaven! smiley

God bless you my sister.
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
aydah:

Pls note: nobody's spirit can be trapped in a grave. It goes either to heaven or to hell!

Succint. smiley
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
seankafor:

all depends on ur faith dont be suprised all these terrorisys dat die for their faith and course goes to heaven...just sayin

On what basis and which heaven?
Re: "Where Do You Go When You Die?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
seankafor:

It depends on which 'heaven' you are referring to. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Cardinal Mccarrick Embraces Islam / Does The Bible Describe Jesus Being Worshipped? / Baby Born With Quran In His Hands Photos!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.