Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,349 members, 7,868,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC (931 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by 1United1: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
The Edo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress on Wednesday described the exit of a former leader of the party, Chief Tom Ikimi, as a “defection into the lion’s den.”

The state’s Publicity Secretary, Godwin Erahon, who made this known in Benin, said the party was waiting carefully for the next political move of Ikimi before responding to the issues he gave for leaving the APC, adding that his exit had given the party an avenue to re-strategise at the local level in order to win the forth-coming elections.

Erahon said, “For now the state chapter will not want to comment in details on the decision of Chief Tom Ikimi to leave us.

“At the appropriate time when he settles down in the PDP where he is obviously going, we will have time to respond to some of his outbursts.

“We saw a lot of claims and counter-claims in the letter he wrote; we will address them in due time.

We wish him well wherever he is going, but we sympathise with him because if he said he is running away from crocodile in APC, he is running into the lion’s den.”

He also said Ikimi’s exit from the party was a good omen for better things to come in the APC, noting that the APC would defeat the opposition party at the former party leader’s local government.

He said, “Even now in Igueben the member representing Igueben in the state house of assembly is from the PDP, which means while he was with us he lost his local government to PDP and therefore we cannot lose more than that now that he is gone.

“We are also hoping that with his exit the party will be better organised at his local level and by the next election, we are going to be able to defeat the PDP in that constituency and that tells you that we don’t believe that we have lost anything substantial or meaningful.

“We see it as a good omen. In every system God will always help those who mean well. We pray that whoever that will constitute obstacle to victory in the 2015 presidential election that God will push him or her out.

“All of them who want to leave, we wish them well.”

He, however, assured party members that the achievements of the APC in the state in the last six years would not be jeopardised by the defection of some members to the opposition.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ikimi-is-defecting-into-the-lions-den-apc/
Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by 1United1: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Need I Say More?

We pray that whoever that will constitute obstacle to victory in the 2015 presidential election that God will push him or her out.

Say No To Looting With Impunity!

Say No To Corruption!!

Say No To Rice, Kerosene and Corn Politics!!!

Say No To Darkness!!!

Say No. Poverty Development Party!

Say No To Insecurity!

Say No Paddy Paddy Government!

Say No To Drunkards in Power!!

Say No To Divisive Politics!

Say No To Liars!!

Say No To Under development!

Say No The Fedora-Wearing Thief!

Say No To Unemployment!

Say Yes To Change!

Say Yes To Progress!!

Say Yes To APC!!

Finally Let's All Shout Sai Buhari!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by donphilopus: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ikimi is as inconsequential in Edo Politics as the “P” in Psychology!

2 Likes

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by 1United1: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Even now in Igueben the member representing Igueben in the state house of assembly is from the PDP, which means while he was with us he lost his local government to PDP and therefore we cannot lose more than that now that he is gone

...And they call him a political juggernaut grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
1United1: Need I Say More?

Say No To Corruption!!

Say No To Darkness!!!

Say No To Insecurity!

Say No To Liars!!

Say No To Unemployment!

Say Yes To Change!

Say Yes To Progress!!

Say Yes To APC!!

big amen from me.

3 Likes

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Where is that coconut head guy that was arguing this shiiit with me

He said, “Even now in Igueben the member representing Igueben in the state house of assembly is from the PDP, which means while he was with us he lost his local government to PDP and therefore we cannot lose more than that now that he is gone.

Everyone knows that Ikimi is just frustrated because he wasn't chosen as the chairman of the party. This guy is just hiding under Oshiomhole's factor to make himself relevant in Edo politics and APC at large. He couldn't even win his constituency for APC.

I was expecting him to raise ideological issues not this personal vendetta he's throwing around like a little bittch. Meanwhile, he's welcomed to PDP but I doubt if Annenih will not silence him the way he did to Ogbemudia. I never knew a man of his calibre can be jumping from one party to another. Sure he's a foool at 80

3 Likes

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by djfaithy: 12:19am On Aug 28, 2014
grin see as dem dey take old man wash am.
Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by Iluvberem: 12:49am On Aug 28, 2014
A grieve thread for the Losers
I love how they are the one opening it.

But

Its
Never too late to join the champion because

NO VACANCY IN ASO VILLA

So

Let's all drop this dream ambition of APC in aso rock

And CRY with the angels

GEJ till 2019

Come and eat from the plate of the champions and
Drink from the cup of GEJ and be free of debts and loans

Its never too late

Hallelujah

3 Likes

Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2014
Bluetooth2:
Where is that coconut head guy that was arguing this shiiit with me

Everyone knows that Ikimi is just frustrated because he wasn't chosen as the chairman of the party. This guy is just hiding under Oshiomhole's factor to make himself relevant in Edo politics and APC at large. He couldn't even win his constituency for APC.

I was expecting him to raise ideological issues not this personal vendetta he's throwing around like a little bittch. Meanwhile, he's welcomed to PDP but I doubt if Annenih will not silence him the way he did to Ogbemudia. I never knew a man of his calibre can be jumping from one party to another. Sure he's a foool at 80

If Tom Ikimi were a political titan as he claimed an Oshiomhole would have sided with him in all of his travails

Yet Oshiomhole has kept mute as if he doesn't even know him.....

Tom Ikimi's issue with ACN-- APC didnt start today......He has been at logger heads with Adams Oshiomhole over the control of the party in Edo state and Oshiomhole knowing that he Ikimi didnt contribite much to making him a Governor,hence Oshiomhole have always barely tolerated him in deference to his age

Oshiomhole it was who pulled the plug on him with Asiwaju and threaten to leave the Party if Ikimi should become APC Chairman,knowing fully well that he might hijack the party from him in the state using his power at the National

He should go and slug it out with Tony Anenih who has become the Godfather plenipotentiary both in Edo and even in Aso Rock......The most they will give him is a membership of the BOT in the Party and the Chairmanship of the Board of a Parastatal
Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by 1United1: 6:45am On Aug 28, 2014
soroptimist:

If Tom Ikimi were a political titan as he claimed an Oshiomhole would have sided with him in all of his travails

Yet Oshiomhole has kept mute as if he doesn't even know him.....

Tom Ikimi's issue with ACN-- APC didnt start today......He has been at logger heads with Adams Oshiomhole over the control of the party in Edo state and Oshiomhole knowing that he Ikimi didnt contribite much to making him a Governor,hence Oshiomhole have always barely tolerated him in deference to his age

Oshiomhole it was who pulled the plug on him with Asiwaju and threaten to leave the Party if Ikimi should become APC Chairman,knowing fully well that he might hijack the party from him in the state using his power at the National

He should go and slug it out with Tony Anenih who has become the Godfather plenipotentiary both in Edo and even in Aso Rock......The most they will give him is a membership of the BOT in the Party and the Chairmanship of the Board of a Parastatal

Well said comrade!!
Re: Ikimi Is Defecting Into The Lion’s Den-APC by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2014
1United1: Need I Say More?

Say No To Corruption!!

Say No To Darkness!!!

Say No To Insecurity!

Say No To Liars!!

Say No To Unemployment!

Say Yes To Change!

Say Yes To Progress!!

Say Yes To APC!!

I so much love this comment. cool

(1) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Battles Orji Uzor Kalu ... Denies Saying Abia State Stinks / Western Nigeria Army The Strongest Army / ADAMAWA GUBER RACE : Why Ribadu, Seven Others Stepped Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.