Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? (750 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by priest2u(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2014
I know its not our culture but if you live in rome you have behave like the Romans right? most men open car doors for their wives and also for their teenage daughter. Your wife is Nigerian and you both grew up in Nigeria , will it be nice if you both adopt this practice? That is your should never open the car door herself if she is with you or your daughters?
Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Allohrandy(m): 1:09am On Aug 28, 2014
priest2u: I know its not our culture but if you live in rome you have behave like the Romans right? most men open car doors for their wives and also for their teenage daughter. Your wife is Nigerian and you both grew up in Nigeria , will it be nice if you both adopt this practice? That is your should never open the car door herself if she is with you or your daughters?
do the average American man open door for his wife? don't be decieved by Hollywood; things in America is not like what you see in tv
Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by priest2u(m): 1:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: do the average American man open door for his wife? don't be decieved by Hollywood; things in America is not like what you see in tv
I live here man and I see all the time. They open for their daughters also.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by donLEXY(m): 1:16am On Aug 28, 2014
I do it a lot.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Allohrandy(m): 1:17am On Aug 28, 2014
priest2u:
I live here man and I see all the time. They open for their daughters also.
Most Americans don't open door for their wives or girlfriends. It is not a common practice in America. I think the average Nigerian man treats his spouse better than an American

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by priest2u(m): 1:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: Most Americans don't open door for their wives or girlfriends. It is not a common practice in America. I think the average Nigerian man treats his spouse better than the America
the question is will you do it or not smiley I know some few friends who are doing it judiciously here though their wives are oyibo grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Allohrandy(m): 1:29am On Aug 28, 2014
priest2u:
the question is will you do it or not smiley I know some few friends who are doing it judiciously here though their wives are oyibo grin
yes. I will do it. There is nothing wrong in showing your spouse affection. it does not make you less of a man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by paul288yahoo(m): 2:38am On Aug 28, 2014
v
Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by raumdeuter: 3:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Which America?

Abeg no dey give us zobo here

You thnk say na everytime couple dey go for romantic dinner?

Unless the wife is sick, the daughter is too young or the door is bad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 28, 2014
priest2u: I know its not our culture but if you live in rome you have behave like the Romans right? most men open car doors for their wives and also for their teenage daughter. Your wife is Nigerian and you both grew up in Nigeria , will it be nice if you both adopt this practice? That is your should never open the car door herself if she is with you or your daughters?
who says it isn't our culture? ? Na Inferiority complex dey worry most Naija guys, they think they will lose their pride by doing that... My fiance opens car doors for me but not always shaa, but never fails to open house doors whenever we get home or visit someone and also pulls out seat for me when we are out.. At first I thought he was doing all these to win me but 4years down the line, it's been the same smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss

We're both in Naija, it doesn't take anything if you truly love the lady.. Infact, it should be your pleasure doing that... cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Haywhymido(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
I can, I will but to do dat 4 d rest of my life? no,i don't think so.why?cos sumtimes u may come back 4rm work,outing n u tired or even sick,to get of d car self na die.My frd, i can do but nt all d time sha
Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
What is the big deal in opening the door for your wife or for your daughter?

Seriously, when I read stuff like this, it just irritates me. What is the big deal here? I have daughters, though still little, but I more than open the door for them and I will continue to open the door for them even when I am 80. It does not make them disrespect me, on the contrary, it makes them appreciate me more. How can you show true love when you cannot do the most basic things for the people you love. So if you wife is coming from grocery shopping with lots of things in her hands, you wouldn't open the door for her abi? The same woman you were wooing and promising heaven and earth to marry you. After marriage you just stop being nice. May be I should ask this question.

WHY WOULD YOU OPEN THE DOOR FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND NOT YOUR WIFE OR DAUGHTER?

Some people are sooo wierd? But these same men would be caring their female boss's bag in the office and calling her madam 24/7.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by damiso(f): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am too impatient for that grin grin so he will park take out the ignition key get down walk round to the passenger door and open the door..naah I would have probably been outta the car by then grin grin grin I generally don't see it a big deal just me sha.

But if you mean opening the door for people even I as a woman do that for everyone thats just manners.. I let elderly people through get off my seat on the train for older people pregnant women help people if I feel they are struggling etc

If we go grocery shopping together hubby carries most of the heavier bags but I would definitely carry my fair share as well it just makes it faster than for me to wait for him to carry most of the stuff cos he is the man cheesy I just like things being done as efficiently as possible.

I have always been more practical than romantic on certain issues sha so I guess if your wife is the romantic type just do it..

I think the overall point is knowing that your spouse cares about you and there are sooo many ways that can be shown which varies from couple to couple

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by egopersonified(f): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
raumdeuter: Which America?

Abeg no dey give us zobo here

You thnk say na everytime couple dey go for romantic dinner?

Unless the wife is sick, the daughter is too young or the door is bad

Funny analysis
Re: Nigerian Men In US, Will You Open D Car Door For Your Wife Or Teenage Daughter? by Lombrozo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Its a sign of lov $ respect to ur family

(1) (Reply)

Bride Dumps Groom Over Failed Maths Test / Breaking: Orekoya Abducted Children Finally Found / To Be A Woman Aint Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.