Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Tambuwal Ethically Diffident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Ethically Diffident (556 Views)

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Ribadu Is An Ethically-challenged Hypocrite - Abati / Jonathan Is Ethically-Challenged Not Me - Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Ethically Diffident by activatenigeria: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Hon. Aminu Tambuwal raised dust when he said in the Nigerian Bar Association Conference that recent elections in the country were not different from the ones conducted by military junta, saying poverty had worsened across the country. He alleged that Nigerians were yet to be given the opportunity to freely choose their leaders, insisting that elections so far conducted under the current civilian government had not been different from the style adopted by the military. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal is no stranger to controversy. In his public posturing, the Speaker continually wants to be on the populist side. This could be due to process that led to his emergence as the Speaker of House of Representatives. His emergence was as a result of the marriage of the opposition members and some rebel PDP members in the House. It is normal therefore, that he should be singing tunes that will be pleasant to the ears of the opposition.

He has also made similar statements about the Jonathan Led administration insinuating that the government encourages corruption. He said 'By the action of setting up different committees for straightforward cases, the president's body language doesn't tend to support the fight against corruption,"

His actions, however, portray him as fair weather person, always trying to be too clever. What has the honourable speaker and the House done to stem the tide? It can safely be said that the National Assembly is part of our problems. They allocate salaries and allowances to themselves that no one knows except them. They embark on frivolous trips and over sight functions whose results are never known. In a country where majority can barely find food to eat, the honourable members are allocating to themselves several millions of naira for their furniture, wardrobe, cars and other unnecessary luxuries. They live in affluence while other Nigerians are scavenging for their survival. The electorate who voted these men and women into the House only knows the colour of poverty

It is believed that in the last few years he has made money and is extremely wealthy. He was a house leader at the time the House of Representatives under the leadership of Hon. Bankole Dimeji awarded controversial contracts and made payments to members that became subject of prosecution in the courts of law. Even the House of Representatives is perceived by most Nigerians to be a citadel of corruption and unaccountable, contributing majorly to the National Assembly's rather unwholesome public image. Yet Tambuwal still successfully parades himself as an anti-corruption crusader. Farouk Lawal, who allegedly got paid in dollars to delete names of defaulting Petroleum Marketers, is still sitting pretty in the house.

This samba dance of the Rt. Honourable Speaker actually reveals a major character flaw and strategic miscalculations. He will end up having both the APC and PDP as his enemies. He appears to be underestimating the ability of other people to read him. Increasingly he is seen as unpredictable and untrustworthy which eventually led to his down fall making him politically irrelevant like his predecessor Dimeji Bankole.

Elite Youth Support and Development Initiative.
Re: Tambuwal Ethically Diffident by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2014
OP i am so in agreement with you. I have never trusted this Tambawal guy. i see him as an opportunists and a more corrupt individual wanting to ride public sympathy to power just like Atiku Abubakar did in 2007. One thing about me is that I dislike cunny people. I believe APC won't consider Tambawal for the ticket. He's part of the corrupt system

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Ethically Diffident by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Tambuwal Tambuwal Tambuwal!!! I could write a book about this ten-faced politician who is not even fit to be a local government councillor. That man is so full of deceit, the APC even needs to be wary of him. Tambuwal can stab even his father in the back just to get what he wants. He is a perfect example of all that is wrong with an average Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Ethically Diffident by okonja(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria go better one day. angry

Good news for smart phone and pc users, you can get the best MTN data plan for your internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N500 for 250mb, N1500 for 1GB...check this out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1817093/mtn-data-cheapest-rate-not
Re: Tambuwal Ethically Diffident by MailSA: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2014
Tambuwal seems not to understand politics yet, I think after 2015 he will learn. GEJ till 2019

(1) (Reply)

2014 Emerging Nigerian Leaders Conference: Call For Applications / That mystery fire at the Glass House / #bokoharamihejirika.......nigerians Await Your Side Of The Story!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.