Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,180 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member (3405 Views)

Letter To Buhari By Batch A 2015 In-coming Youth Corper / NYSC 2014 Batch C (Stream II) / Left Behind By Batch B14 Train Due A Mistake In My JAMB Registration Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 10:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Dear Sirs/Mas,

On behalf of NYSC batch B stream ii members, I am commending your effort at ensuring a successful graduate youth service to their fatherland, having done so well at achieving this success, this current batch of nysc witnessed postponement that make the day look like it will never come to many of us, but all the thanks for making it real finally.

Yes, it is glaring to us the current security challenges facing our dear country that warrant the creation of batch B stream ii for corp members posted to volatile states and the announcement of the new date for their 3weeks orientation programme in the camp.

No thanks to the Ebola virus that finds its way to our country, thereby, causing panic and confusion everywhere, hence, the indefinite adjournment of camping date and cancellation of camping activities for the stream ii corp members.

It was quite unfortunate, despite the Ebola pandemic. party rallies with unprecedented crowd under the hot sun sweating profusely pushing one another and fighting for space.
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!
what an easy route to contact EVD, likewise markets, shopping malls, motor parks, voters card registration, social and governmental outing still held way unstopped or suspended.

If the information reaching Nigerians from the presidency, ministry of health, minister of health and the minister of information is anything to go by, "that the Ebola virus has been contained" what then is stopping the full re opening of camp for stream ii corp members and not just one week registration?.

The orientation programme has its pros and cons likewise the selfless services to be rendered by the corp members has its dos and donts which were supposed to be deliver through lectures.
various entrepreneurial opportunity were introduced to corp members in the camp as a way of making them gainfully employed as well as security awareness and tips all delivered verbally.
how will all these be accompanied in just the slated an hour or two hours for registration?

what is our own benefit without camp?.

If the says "their is power in verbal communication" cannot be underestimated. if the Corp members whose ones in lifetime experience and opportunity are being sabotage under this feeble justification. how do you want them to rate your leadership role?

What type of history are trying to create for us?

What is the purpose of nysc without camping?

How are you trying to make them self employed as part of the goals of NYSC status. when denying them the three weeks camp?

Who is to take the blame for their misconduct at their various PPA?

These are the few of the numerous questions from the batch B stream ii corp members.

Thank you Sirs/Mas for reasoning to alleviate our plight.
#NYSCBatchBStreamii
#BringBackOurCamp

Yours Faithfully,
miner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by cutiepie01(f): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Nice write up.
Pls edit the lines i copied here:''If the says "their is power in verbal communication"
cannot be underestimated. how then do you want the Corp members whose ones in lifetime
experience and opportunity are being sabotage
under feeble justification to rate your leadership
role?
What type of history are trying to create for us?''
Mods pls help us move this to the fp.This is the heart cry of stream 2 corps members.
Oga Yokiti,am counting on you.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by okonja(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2014
Nothing can be done again, its late already lipsrsealed

Good news for smart phone and pc users, you can get the best MTN data plan for your internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N500 for 250mb, N1500 for 1GB...check this out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1817093/mtn-data-cheapest-rate-not
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by prixxy7(f): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2014
okonja: Nothing can be done again, its late already lipsrsealed
bros pls stop been pessimistic. Tanx!
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by okonja(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2014
prixxy7: bros pls stop been being pessimistic. Tanx!

We are both Nigerians, we both knew they won't rescind their decision on this, so...stop hoping and just face the service directly. If you don't do the 3 weeks camp, would you die?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by prixxy7(f): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
okonja:

We are both Nigerians, we both knew know they won't rescind their decision on this, so...stop hoping and just face the service directly. If you don't do the 3 weeks camp, would you die?

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nigerian Health officials can lie sha.. They lied to us dat d EVD has been contained whereas two new cases of ebola have been confirmed in Port Harcourt.. Nigeria claiming to solve problems dat haven't been solved.. So no one is safe again, ekwa?!!
Do u think accommodation shud be provided for prospective corps members? Read more: https://www.nairaland.com/1877292/crucial-matter-nysc-board-members#25836430
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
okonja: Nothing can be done again, its late already lipsrsealed
prixxy7: bros pls stop been pessimistic. Tanx!
It's nt abt being pessimistic or not, I think he's making a point.. He's being realistic dear..
okonja:

We are both Nigerians, we both knew they won't rescind their decision on this, so...stop hoping and just face the service directly. If you don't do the 3 weeks camp, would you die?
Even if they change their mind and tell us to come for d 3wks camp, they have to move d camp date to 8th or thereabout giving those that are nt prepared enof time to put tinz 2geda.
Team Kano!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1877292/crucial-matter-nysc-board-members#25836430
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=prixxy7][/quote]
Good one
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Jealouzzy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oga o

no response from the mods

chaii

diaries God ooooo

Nigeria I hail thee
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by yokiti: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
chindi: Nigerian Health officials can lie sha.. They lied to us dat d EVD has been contained whereas two new cases of ebola have been confirmed in Port Harcourt.. Nigeria claiming to solve problems dat haven't been solved.. So no one is safe again, ekwa?!!
This is one of the reason I support their action. Majority of us here dont have access to classified information, those in government are not expected to start acting in a way that will put all her citizens in the state of fear. Though "painful" as it is for our stream 2 corpers but its better to put the the wellness of the nation first ahead of any other things (though our politicians are not doing this but we shouldnt join them in making our fatherland unbearable ).
Stream 2 corpers parents and guardians can institute litigation against NYSC if any negative thing happen to their wards as a result of them participating in the 3 weeks orientation but those who participated in political rallies like TAN et. al. cant do same. Wishing our stream 2 corpers a wonderful service year ahead.
@ Cutiepie01, good to hear from you again; hope your are through with registration at your PPA and Local/ zonal NYSC secretariat? Wishing you the best of the service year.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by cutiepie01(f): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
yokiti:
This is one of the reason I support their action. Majority of us here dont have access to classified information, those in government are not expected to start acting in a way that will put all her citizens in the state of fear. Though "painful" as it is for our stream 2 corpers but its better to put the the wellness of the nation first ahead of any other things (though our politicians are not doing this but we shouldnt join them in making our fatherland unbearable ).
Stream 2 corpers parents and guardians can institute litigation against NYSC if any negative thing happen to their wards as a result of them participating in the 3 weeks orientation but those who participated in political rallies like TAN et. al. cant do same. Wishing our stream 2 corpers a wonderful service year ahead.
@ Cutiepie01, good to hear from you again; hope your are through with registration at your PPA and Local/ zonal NYSC secretariat? Wishing you the best of the service year.
I've not gone for the registration.I'll be going on monday.Hope it wont be too late?cos i heard we have 2 finish d registration within a week of discharge 4rm camp.Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by yokiti: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
cutiepie01: I've not gone for the registration.I'll be going on monday.Hope it wont be too late?cos i heard we have 2 finish d registration within a week of discharge 4rm camp.Thanks sir.
Please, if you can still do it within this week, the better it is. Let say you have done that (the registrtaion and bank account opening), you should almost be on your way back home now if your arent going for NCCF state baptismal rural rugged evangelism for your batch. You are very much welcome my sister and friend. Thank God for the successful 3 weeks orientation. Do have the best of the service year ahead.
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by chykmoni(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
you got a 9ice point. Camping prepares you for a better service year. Witout it, u'll jst remain ignorant abt NYSC for many months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Valentinooo: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
nice points there but i don't think it will have any effect on this decision taken by nysc.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Valentinooo: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
thesame way they don't want schools to open now yet summer schools/coachings are going on. People packed like sardines in buses, we go to markets, place of worships and different political rallies. Infact i laughed at FG

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Jealouzzy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Valentinooo: thesame way they don't want schools to open now yet summer schools/coachings are going on. People packed like sardines in buses, we go to markets, place of worships and different political rallies. Infact i laughed at FG

you can just imagine

I would have be in abj by now
but the principal of the secondary I am presently has being on my neck

in fact he want me to relocate to the school for my ppa but I don't like the environment.

so who is deceiving who?
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
chykmoni: you got a 9ice point. Camping prepares you for a better service year. Witout it, u'll jst remain ignorant abt NYSC for many months.

who will now take the blame?

no orietation
no lectures even if it is bored
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
chykmoni: you got a 9ice point. Camping prepares you for a better service year. Witout it, u'll jst remain ignorant abt NYSC for many months.

who will now take the blame?

no orientation
no lectures even if it is bored
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
@valentinooo at least there is proven backup in case any stream ii members find his or her self in any unlawful situation
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by cutiepie01(f): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Jealouzzy:

you can just imagine

I would have be in abj by now
but the principal of the secondary I am presently has being on my neck

in fact he want me to relocate to the school for my ppa but I don't like the environment.

so who is deceiving who?
whats d name of d schl and d location?
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Valentinooo: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Miner13: @valentinooo at least there is proven backup in case any stream ii members find his or her self in any unlawful situation
that's true.
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Jealouzzy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
cutiepie01: whats d name of d schl and d location?

it is confidential
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
I don't know why people like whinning. If you really want to camp, there are many options...wait for batch c which is by November, go to Sambisa forest I heard Shekau military drills na die or you travel to some new place.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 5:21am On Aug 29, 2014
iyke926: I don't know why people like whinning. If you really want to camp, there are many options...wait for batch c which is by November, go to Sambisa forest I heard Shekau military drills na die or you travel to some new place.

answering back in the same language you want will make me more stupid and unreasonable like you want and aspire to be.

beside were you forced to drop a comment angry

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Miner13: 5:28am On Aug 29, 2014
my duely tender appreciation to the mod that remodify the topic for us.

now i can feel your support for us

likewise i wish you will not just stop here but take it to front page for us

seun yokiti crazyMan thank you all

we still hope on you

either we win or lose the battle just help us to front page first

we are keeping vigil for your positive response.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by amanda2013(f): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2014
iyke926: I don't know why people like whinning. If you really want to camp, there are many options...wait for batch c which is by November, go to Sambisa forest I heard Shekau military drills na die or you travel to some new place.

1000000 likes for u my dear.dont mind them let them keep wasting their time. They are now planning to protest when they get to camp. I laugh at them in swahili cos soldiers never flog them before. NO CAMPING FOR US SHIKINA!!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by Jealouzzy(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2014
amanda2013: 1000000 likes for u my dear.dont mind them let them keep wasting their time. They are now planning to protest when they get to camp. I laugh at them in swahili cos soldiers never flog them before. NO CAMPING FOR US SHIKINA!!

why allowing yourself to be a subject available to be readily cheated by a government led by insincere politicians who there self centeredness has blindfolded there pledge for good governance but rather take to satisfying there selfish wish.

Amanda this is 2014 and we are in the end of the 3rd
quarter of it, if 2013 in your moniker is making you to live in the past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by amanda2013(f): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Jealouzzy:

why allowing yourself to be a subject available to be readily cheated by a government led by insincere politicians who there self centeredness has blindfolded there pledge for good governance but rather take to satisfying there selfish wish.

Amanda this is 2014 and we are in the end of the 3rd
quarter of it, if 2013 in your moniker is making you to live in the past
. This is a very simple matter. If not camping will make you not to achieve your dreams in life, pls kindly wait for batch c and camp with them.or like someone suggested,you can go to sambisa forest so that shekau will drill you to your satisfaction. And for your information, nobody cheated me rathe God answered my prayer cos i never wanted this camp to hold. You better wake up 4rm your dream.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by sweetyEse(f): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2014
[quote
author=amanda2013]. This is a very simple matter. If not camping will
make you not to achieve your dreams in life, pls kindly wait for batch c
and camp with them.or like someone suggested,you can go to sambisa
forest so that shekau will drill you to your satisfaction. And for your
information, nobody cheated me rathe God answered my prayer cos i never
wanted this camp to hold. You better wake up 4rm your dream.[/quote] One million likes for you jare.
Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by adonismuller(m): 11:02am On Aug 29, 2014
abeg,u guys shld 4get dis camp matter,d only thing odd is coming back in 2 weeks time!

I wil gladly save my money 4 d camp and buy clothes with it

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NYSC Board By Batch B Stream II Member by rossy5: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
I was once fighting 4 us 2 camp bt nw I dnt tink am a party 2 it, its nt dat I am scared of the deadly virus bt atleast our safety shud b paramount. When we tot it was one patient left only 4rn d blues anoda set of 100+ has arrive n d funniest tin is wen it arrives we dnt knw cos d 1st day sm1 receives it u will nt knw n u may b in d same vehecle wit such person n his or her sweat may get 2 u n wen u get home if u fnt tak proper kar of ya self in n tym u will b a victim as well so safty 1st b4 pleasure. Am a stream 2 corper n I seriously wished I wud ve camped bt if its dis way den we shud try n ZERO our MINDS. Peace!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc In Bayelsa State(experience And Advice / Photo-corpers Asked To Frog Jump For Coming Late At Nasarawa NYSC Camp / Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.