Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B (3418 Views)

Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise / Nassarawa State Corpers Batch B 2015, Let's Meet Here / Ebonyi State Corpers Batch B 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Hello everyone,
I want to once again congratulate you all for successfully completing the just concluded camp orientation programme. To some, it was an unprecedented experience filled with so much fun, while others considered the drillings and regimentation stressful. However, it's over.
Consequently, as part of the NYSC programme, we have been posted to our various places of primary assignment to serve our fatherland, under the sun or in the rain. Some are fortunate to be posted to various towns, while others have been posted to very remote areas and villages. Wherever you find yourself, just know there is a goldmine there yet untapped. It therefore behoves you to explore and make substantial impact.
I wish to use this medium to pray for all corpers nationwide. May God Almighty keep us away from evil, sustain us and grant us favour beyond our imagination.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Holiday is over, work resumes.. Wishing y'all safe journey too your PPA..On my way now to Opobo.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Richben105: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Gud work Mr John.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2016
Thank YoU sir.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 08, 2016
I hope you've all done your vouching, cos 2day maybe the last day. Don't gamble with your allowance. I believe so many of us have exhausted the last 'allawee', so if you've not reported for vouching, try and do so..

Hmmm, back to post-camp experience. Yesterday's CDS was hectic. Clearing of very stubborn grass with blunt matchetes, thus causing blisters on different parts of our fingers.

Schools are expected to resume by Monday, so start steaming your teaching ability, especially the stream 2 Corp members. Lol..

For frequent travellers, please always becareful for security and safety reasons. Two corpers have been allegedly reported dead due to a fatal auto crash. It is never our portion ooo. If you've travelled for the weekend, I wish you safe journey back to River state and to your PPA.

One more thing, always be open-minded to fellow corp members, indigenes Of the local community wherein your PPA is located,and generally people around you. Also look out for opportunities and maximize them. For the Ghost-corpers, be good as I wish you well in your endeavors.

Thanks.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2016
Batch A Corp members are counting down. Thee clock is ticking, as so many of them can't wait to pass out. Some have already rounded up their Community development projects,while others are still yet to do so. You shall leave NYSC and enter the 'favour market' where Jobs shall seek you,not vice-versa. Congratulations in advance!!
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 17, 2016
Hhhmmm(a deEp sigh of relief)...The past week was so stressful. Handling two classes every day, except Thursdays. I'm beginning to acquaint myself gradually With the teaching thing though.

I hopE y'all are having fun? Yep! I Just remembered. I heard from a reliaable source yesterday, that the current administration have resolved to commence payment of state allawee to the minimum tune of N10,000 for teachers, N16,000 fortors. It's still an unconfirmed news. Therefore, if you have any contrary or any other information regarding it, kindly let us know.

HSE and PMP training started yesterday at Rivers statE College of Arts and Science, Rumuola. Try and get yourself Involved in some productive stuff.
Wish you all a blessed week ahead.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

Heard election in Rivers state would take place by Feb.. Really can't wait..
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by StillDeoye(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Do they pay corpers state allawee in PH? if yes, then how much? also what's the accomodation, transport and cost of living lyk ova there?
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hello StillDeoye,

Currently, Rivers state corpers are not paid any state allawee, but I think there's an ongoing negotiation between the state goverrnment and the NYSC state executives.

Accomodation and Transport cost depends on where you'll be posted for your Place of primary assignment. There are corperS' lodges or quarters in virtually all remote Local Government Areas. But, it is relatively uneasy to get accomodation and foot the transport bills in PortHarcourt city, considerinG the cost. The least cost of a selfcontain apartment in PH city is on an average of 120K annually.

Would advice you get a supplementary business or job To support yourselF.

However, it's really a nice placE to be. Are you a Corper? Or about to?
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
JohnAgwu:
Hello everyone,
I want to once again congratulate you all for successfully completing the just concluded camp orientation programme. To some, it was an unprecedented experience filled with so much fun, while others considered the drillings and regimentation stressful. However, it's over.
Consequently, as part of the NYSC programme, we have been posted to our various places of primary assignment to serve our fatherland, under the sun or in the rain. Some are fortunate to be posted to various towns, while others have been posted to very remote areas and villages. Wherever you find yourself, just know there is a goldmine there yet untapped. It therefore behoves you to explore and make substantial impact.
I wish to use this medium to pray for all corpers nationwide. May God Almighty keep us away from evil, sustain us and grant us favour beyond our imagination.
Ameen Ya Allah
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
corpers wee!

news has it that the incumbent governor of rivers state, dr. nyesom wike has won the election tribunal at the apex court.

however, we hope this victory augurs well for we the corpers in the state, especially with regards to the payment of state allowance.

congrats to him anyways.
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by StillDeoye(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
JohnAgwu:
Hello StillDeoye,

Currently, Rivers state corpers are not paid any state allawee, but I think there's an ongoing negotiation between the state goverrnment and the NYSC state executives.

Accomodation and Transport cost depends on where you'll be posted for your Place of primary assignment. There are corperS' lodges or quarters in virtually all remote Local Government Areas. But, it is relatively uneasy to get accomodation and foot the transport bills in PortHarcourt city, considerinG the cost. The least cost of a selfcontain apartment in PH city is on an average of 120K annually.

Would advice you get a supplementary business or job To support yourselF.

However, it's really a nice placE to be. Are you a Corper? Or about to?
tanx for d info boss, i'm a prospective corps member
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
You're welcome..I wish you the best Bro
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2016
We hope to be paid allowee before the end of thiS week. My pocket is warming up. What about you? Lol
Re: Rivers State Corpers- Batch A And B by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
Yeah, my people I'm here again... I've been so occupied with this service wahala. Running from one class to another, marking assignments and racking my brain to build up lecture notes, and the worst of all- CDS stress.

Okay, let me come from another direction this time. How many of you have been able to save out some part of your allawee? I guess it's only a very few number that could be possibly making such attempts. So many reasons abound for your inability to save a stipend. One of such is the meager amount remitted to us - N19800. After stocking our kitchen, and probably doing some other necessary shopping, as well as settling piled up debts, we'll be left with little or no cash for even recurrent expenditures. Thus, savings become a nightmare. Another obvious reason is that our banks are distant from our place of primary assignment, therefore, it is virtually impossible to always go there to save little amount. For instance, you wouldn't want to spend N700 as transport fare to the bank to save only N1500 or N2000.

However, the need to save can and will never be overemphasized. In spite of the above factors, some people still take that risk to build wooden vaults where they drop certain amount and safeguard in their rooms, while some store money at the base of their bags. Of course you know the risk associated with that.

I have a solution to these savings challenges. You do not need to go to the bank, you do not need any wooden vault, or even your handbag. You can save using MTN/GLO airtime on www.zoranga.com for a period of time, say 3months, 6months, 1year and above which could be withdrawn as cash after maturity. It's simple, trusted and secure. You can save any amount, example N100, N500, N1500 e.t.c.

To participate, just sign up on zoranga.com for free. See image below.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience As An Outgoing Corp Member. / How Can I Correct A Wrong State Of Origin On NYSC Portal / How Can I Retrieve My Call Up Number Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.