Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food (1906 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
There are some people out there who can't or don't eat certain type of food due to reasons not related to health or religion. Let me start with myself...
*I don't eat pineapples right from birth and i can't tell why.
*I don't eat a type of yam called three-leaf-yam(called onu/ona in igbo language) cos end up vomiting each time i tried taking it.
*I don't drinke tea. Bites my tummy...
*My elder sister don't eat beef and she can't tell why. She also don't eat food that contains onion.
*My younger sister can't swallow garri all she does is to chew it. So she hates garri cos of that. Also have a friend who doesn't eat garri at all...
*My dad can't stay in same environment with fufu. If you must at fufu in the house, make sure you do that in your room and you must dispose that plate cos his allergy is so much that he can detect a plate used to serve fufu even after washing thoroughly. Lol.
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Mskrisx(f): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
I hate onion
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
You don't like pineapples shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by lirusehn(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
God knows i hate Apple and Orange

1 Like

Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
MrsBreezy: You don't like pineapples shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
For real dear. People use to say i'm not O.k cos of it and i use to think it's true until i saw this below, then i knew that i'm not alone. Not liking apples and oranges is kinda more weird... Lol
lirusehn:
God knows i hate Apple and Orange
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by lirusehn(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: Not liking apples and oranges is kinda more wierd... Lol

God knws i can't take those two fruits .

1 Like

Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours:
For real dear. People use to say i'm not O.k cos of it and i use to think it's true until i saw this below, then i knew that i'm not alone. Not liking apples and oranges is kinda more wierd... Lol

Hahaha you aren't okay tho...

No comment
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Hahaha you aren't okay tho...

No comment
Lol. i see those who eat pineapples as alien...
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: Lol. i see those who eat pineapples as alien...

Looool you're suuuuuuuch a weirdo

Pineapples are sexy
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Looool you're suuuuuuuch a weirdo

Pineapples are sexy
Lol. Sexy ko, romantic ni...
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: Lol. Sexy ko, romantic ni...

Still sexier than your lumps wink
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Ezibless: 12:49am On Aug 29, 2014
@OP,there is a difference between being allergic to a type of food and disliking a type of food for no reason.
If one is allergic to a type of food,the food triggers a reaction in the body called anaphylaxis reaction if that food is taken more than once.
The reaction is deadly,it causes swallon lips and tongue, terrible itchy skin (all over the body,both the scalp,palm of the hand even the sole of the feet),tingling ear sensation,airways obstruction leading to difficulty in breathing,altered pulse and respiratory rate and if the ingested food or substance(even drug) is much and prompt treatment isn't giving,death could result.

I had that reaction while in school. It was a very terrible experience. Thank God for my colleques that gave me the drug on time.

The food(vegetable) was MORINGA.

2 Likes

Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Ezibless: @OP,there is a difference between being allergic to a type of food and disliking a type of food for no reason.
If one is allergic to a type of food,the food triggers a reaction in the body called anaphylaxis reaction if that food is taken more than once.
The reaction is deadly,it causes swallon lips and tongue, terrible itchy skin (all over the body,both the scalp,palm of the hand even the sole of the feet),tingling ear sensation,airways obstruction leading to difficulty in breathing,altered pulse and respiratory rate and if the ingested food or substance(even drug) is much and prompt treatment isn't giving,death could result.

I had that reaction while in school. It was a very terrible experience. Thank God for my colleques that gave me the drug on time.

The food(vegetable) was MORINGA.
Thanks jareh, at least i used my first post to explain what i actually meant. Please just don't mind the topic. Lol
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Ezibless: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
unyours: Thanks jareh, at least i used my first post to explain what i actually meant. Please just don't mind the topic. Lol

You're welcome cool
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
...I was allergic to garri some years back, i stop seeing the allergic symptoms not long ago...cos i love garri, i still take despite the how my body reacts to it...

..Back then, whenever i take garri...especially those ones thats somehow concentrated (garri to kan)...lol...i hope am correct.....
....I ll start having some itchy feeling on my skin...apart from that, the surface usually turn reddish or pinkish....My mum stopped buying garri for me, but i ll buy it for myself.....I think i overcame it sha....I love garri like kilode....especially with milk, cold water, sugar and nice floating epa...now am feeling hungry again!!.....

2 Likes

Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2014
temigracie: ...I was allergic to garri some years back, i stop seeing the allergic symptoms not long ago...cos i love garri, i still take despite the how my body reacts to it...

..Back then, whenever i take garri...especially those ones thats somehow concentrated (garri to kan)...lol...i hope am correct.....
....I ll start having some itchy feeling on my skin...apart from that, the surface usually turn reddish or pinkish....My mum stopped buying garri for me, but i ll buy it for myself.....I think i overcame it sha....I love garri like kilode....especially with milk, cold water, sugar and nice floating epa...now am feeling hungry again!!.....
nna, your own condition bad gan o. Garri has been the major food sustaining nigerians since 953BC. So my body dare not get allergic to it unless na die deh hungry am... Hmmm, i can't do without eba and soaking garri. Lol
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by may3(f): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Mine is beans, I always endup having heart burn any time I try eating it
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Swarthmi(f): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
I hate tea,milk ,beans,bread,pineapples, apples,oranges,white meat,honey,bournvita or milo.them talk say my wahala don pass.lols...
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by greglee(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
I don't eat eggs n anything DAT has egg on it.
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Gloria3389(f): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Swarthmi: I hate tea,milk ,beans,bread,pineapples, apples,oranges,white meat,honey,bournvita or milo.them talk say my wahala don pass.lols...
you are not the Only one jare...thought I was the only one before especially bread,beans,tea.... it annoys me
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2014
Swarthmi: I hate tea,milk ,beans,bread,pineapples, apples,oranges,white meat,honey,bournvita or milo.them talk say my wahala don pass.lols...
end time things. Bros your own pass o. Wetin else you come deh eat?
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2014
may3: Mine is beans, I always endup having heart burn any time I try eating it
hmmmmn beans? My best food. Na wa o.
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Kaztech2016: 6:15am On Jun 18, 2018
Anytime I eat fufu, I usually feel feverish.... I ate one yesterday with vegetable soup, have not recovered till now
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by chii8(f): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Growing up, I hated boiled eggs....it has this smell.Cucumber and watermelon to me is tasteless,I rarely eat them.
Re: Those Allergic To Certain Type Of Food by Lovemeforme(f): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
Am disgusted whenever I see the center of a plantain....can't stand the sight of spaghetti coz it looks like worms,oh how I hate custard no one 'll understand.....while I always have acne breakouts when ever I eat peanuts but I just can't stop eating it,am addicted to it

(1) (Reply)

WHAT! People Eating ‘manhood’ As Food (PHOTOS) / (PHOTO) - Dodo And Egg Stew / Asun (spicy Roasted Goat Meat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.