Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Genre Making.... - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Genre Making.... (583 Views)

Why You Prefer Foreign Music And Genre To 9ja Afro-pop... / Name That Artist You Like That Does Diffrent Music From The Genre You Like / Lovers Of Soukous Genre Of Music Which Some People Call Makossa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Genre Making.... by anag0900: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
most of our genre choice were molded from childhood and early influences. Growing up for me, brought about picking up different music genre of choice from environmental and possibly parental influences.

in my early formative years, dad is into haruna ishola, Orlando owoh, barrister and elemure while mom sticks to her Ebenezer obey and sunny Ade tunes. those sounds were like the anthem in my household back in the days.

until when an uncle came over to live in our house, cos of the proximity of our house to his university, that period was the peak of the west and east coast feud in hip hop, I was really fascinated at the stories anyways, plus the ease at which the guy mime the lyrics of the songs then. lo and behold I have been indoctrinated into the rap and hip- hop culture. so I kept on digging and discovering loads of emcees.

secondary school was the period I discovered reggae , did loads of Bob Marley, uroy and loads of others, later I got into soul music for the love of erykah badu, India arie and mercy gray. in no time my genre alliance increase.

during undergrad days, my roomie was a crazy rockhead. that dude is into all forms of rock genre but the niggi gat fvck addiction to the metals. in no time I was indoctrinated into the cult, from nickel back to coldplay to nirvana and the likes. before my sophomore years I already gat rock albums collection only second to my rap album collections.

the purpose of this thread is to know what shaped our music preference and genre choice. least I forget I gat mad hatred for naija songs bar asha, modenine and few others, also jazz music bore the shyte out of me.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Tekno – Anything / Young H Officially Release His Super Hit Song Called 'time To Vote Is Now' / Songs Review -Download and share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.