Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? (4997 Views)

Puppies For Sale. Pure Caucasian Breed. / Please Help Me Confirm What Percentage Of Caucasian Breed Is My Dog... / Boerboel Breed Of Dog Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
I noticed that people no longer buy this type of breed anymore...anyone with this kinda thought also??
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Seun(m): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2014
Perhaps it's because Extreme Aggression + Stubbornness ('Independence') + Great Strength = Disaster Waiting To Happen? (maybe not)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Apitch(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2014
It's costly to maintain and also the heat here affects it somehow
That's my best breed

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by kenjava20: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Caucasian are costly to maintain but they are wonderful dog breeds which people still love to buy .my 6 month Caucasian is a wonderful dog but am thinking of selling her because the cost of feeding is damm much...i spend about 15k Monthly on feeding and Tabs. but they are still Good dogs..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
I agree to that oga seun as per what i read about them...i went to a breeder one day and he called out his caucasian{8 month old},u need to see this dog so cute but didn't back at me,isn't that weird?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
@apitch,same here also..do u have them?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
@kenjava20,is ur caucasian male or female? + the picture:-D
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Apitch(m): 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Zammy123: @apitch,same here also..do u have them?
Not yet but I will get one soon, funny enough I've bought their toys, plates, bed but the dogs are yet to show
I'm getting both male and female
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Seun(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Apitch: Not yet but I will get one soon, funny enough I've bought their toys, plates, bed but the dogs are yet to show
I'm getting both male and female
Don't get a male and female from the same litter. There's no point to this because if you breed them, the offspring are more likely to have genetic diseases. Don't succumb to pressure from your breeder. Buy one dog first, and when the dog is settled and if you feel that the wahala in your life is not enough, then you can get another one. One dog is more than enough for most people. Buy 1 dog and take good care of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by kenjava20: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
Zammy123: @kenjava20,is ur caucasian male or female? + the picture:-D
my caucasian is a female am thinking of selling her .
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by kenjava20: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
My 6month female caucasian .
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
kenjava20: My 6month female caucasian .
What does she eat?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Apitch(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Oga Seun of course I know how bad inbreeding is so I'm not planning to do such
Also I love them in twos so they can get along from an early stage, less boredom when I'm not around and finally imagine me walking those two monsters. Haba!!!
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Mckandre(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
kenjava20: My 6month female caucasian .
hm, this particular pics is always on the move,the more e dey move the more e dey shrink. is there no other pics of this dog?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
@Apitch,I can link u to a breeder who can import caucasian dog for u..am also getting a female very soon too
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Oga seun,i'll be resuming to school by oct/nov. sha and i just got a rottie...they have short memory u knw so am i gud to go to school leaving her to ma mum's care?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Apitch(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Zammy123: @Apitch,I can link u to a breeder who can import caucasian dog for u..am also getting a female very soon too
I'll really appreciate it
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Seun(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Zammy123: Oga seun,i'll be resuming to school by oct/nov. sha and i just got a rottie...they have short memory u knw so am i gud to go to school leaving her to ma mum's care?
I don't understand. Why get a Rottweiler if you know that you won't be chanced to raise her properly by yourself? Any alternative arrangement?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
.a.s
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Yeah am tinking of coming ome every month during weekends or even skip lecture sumtimes..oga seun,what do u suggest?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by oluomoadebayo: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Apitch: Oga Seun of course I know how bad inbreeding is so I'm not planning to do such
Also I love them in twos so they can get along from an early stage, less boredom when I'm not around and finally imagine me walking those two monsters. Haba!!!

If you buy them together , it's advisable to raise them separately by keeping both apart or less you will have dogs that depend on his/her litter mate and not you. Raising 2 puppies at a time is not easy.
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Apitch(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

If you buy them together , it's advisable to raise them separately by keeping both apart or less you will have dogs that depend on his/her litter mate and not you. Raising 2 puppies at a time is not easy.
Noted Sir! So when do U advise I bring in the second one?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by kuzee(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Apitch:
Noted Sir! So when do U advise I bring in the second one?
train the first dog first dog with the best you can
then you can go for the 2nd one
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2014
U guys should check ds dog breeds awt too...st bernard and kangal turkish dog...d breed is awesome!!!
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Bobbieydeey: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2014
Seun:

I don't understand. Why get a Rottweiler if you know that you won't be chanced to raise her properly by yourself? Any alternative arrangement?
Oga seun which breed sells the most ... Alsatian,rott or caucasian
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Fabdedon(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2014
people are asking oga seun question asif he was a dog in his formal life bueheeeeheheheettetete #laughing in chineses

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Personally I think the caucassian thrives more in colder regions,its very common in Jos,and I am sure they do better there,the breed still sells well I believe.
But from my experience,gone are the days I trip on hairy dogs,now I can't cope with them in this part of the country,cos when their coats starts to shed its always a problem for me,maybe they shed coats due to improper deworming or the weather,I just don't fancy handling hairy dogs anymore,except its just one and I must give the dog the best all day,and will not even let him shed a coat as I observe every day and frequent baths .
Maybe people are getting to experience when they shed coats.
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

As for me I'd rather buy dem and raise dem 2geda if I want 2 dogs in the long run.itmakes it cheaper to maintain and facing the stress @ once rather than one @ a time,I drive dem 2geda to the vets,I buy their feeds in volume,the encourage demselves in building appetite as dogs love competion when eating,they help demselves exercise and digest feed while building muscle tone,a can of tin food can be shared within them rather tha let one waste the remains.

As for the caucassians, I think the caucassian thrives more in colder regions,its very common in Jos,and I am sure they do better there,the breed still sells well I believe.
But from my experience,gone are the days I trip on hairy dogs,now I can't cope with them in this part of the country,cos when their coats starts to shed its always a problem for me,maybe they shed coats due to improper deworming or the weather,I just don't fancy handling hairy dogs anymore,except its just one and I must give the dog the best all day,and will not even let him shed a coat as I observe every day and frequent baths .
Maybe people are getting to experience when they shed coats.
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by lalaboy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
@bountydog your observations about caucasians are correct except that its not a bad thing they shed hair. A female most instances sheds hair when shez pregnant. Its normal. A male could also shed his hair so as to change his coat to a newer one. Hair shedding is part of the caucasian breed.
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
lalaboy:
@bountydog your observations about caucasians are correct except that its not a bad thing they shed hair. A female most instances sheds hair when shez pregnant. Its normal. A male could also shed his hair so as to change his coat to a newer one. Hair shedding is part of the caucasian breed.

Not caucassians only,all dogs shed coats @ a time or the other,but the hairier ones becomes a problem for me when they shed coats.2ndly they require extra maintenance as you cannot see underneath their coats when they have skin diseases like mange like u will obviously see on short coated,so it would ve affected dem b4 u notice as the long coat covers it
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by Zammy123(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Zammy123:
U guys should check ds dog breeds awt too...st bernard and kangal turkish dog...d breed is awesome!!!
@bountydogs,what about st. Bernard and kangal turkish dog,what's gud and bad about 'em?
Re: What's Happening To Caucasian Breed?? by doeying(m): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2014
Zammy123:
@bountydogs,what about st. Bernard and kangal turkish dog,what's gud and bad about 'em?

i know you dint ask me...but GOOGLE is your friend

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doberman Puppies For Sale / Buy A Loyal Security: Pure German Rottweiler Puppies Available NOW!!! / Pomeranian Dog For Sale Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.