Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) (5023 Views)

Tram Built In Ethiopia Attracts Attention From Neighbouring Kenya / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / British Woman Launches Racist Tirade On London Tram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by bwideity: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
The R1 will hold from 190 to 270 passengers, and the chassis uses 100 percent Russian parts. The tram makers even promise that the advanced design will allow it to travel smoothly on Russia's often less-than-perfect Soviet era rails.

Alexei Nosov, head of Uraltransmash, the subsidiary of UVZ that built the R1, said mass production could start in 2015, and that "Batmobiles" would populate Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg and Volgograd, according to the news release.

The Soviet Union loved trams, but over the last two capitalist decades many cities lost part or all of their track systems as local authorities covered lines with tarmac. Thousands of kilometers remain, however, and plenty of rolling stock needs replacing.

But UVZ's sights are set not only on Russia. Maslov said the design had taken stock of the latest offerings of France's Alstom and Canada's Bombardier and could compete with both companies, naming Eastern Europe and South America among target markets.

The R1 is certain to find at least some success. UVZ in Yekaterinurg signed a partnership agreement on electric transport with the Sverdlovsk regional government, the Yekaterinburg city administration and state-owned Gazprombank, Russia's No. 3 bank, the news release said.

Sit down, relax and enjoy these beautiful pics.

------------------------------------
http://www.coloredindustry.com/2014/07/16/russian-innovative-tram-r1-by-okb-atom/

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by bwideity: 11:01am On Aug 29, 2014
Continue

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by simplemach(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2014
I wont be surprised if this train is nicknamed 'evilspirit'. This whole thing called toechnology is really getting out of hands.

3 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by seankafor(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
i weep for mysef and africa

6 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin

3 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Iluvberem: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chai while my africa is busy driving trucks inform of train.

Facts
We are trying BUT

Oyibo pass us

2 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Silenzer(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chai!
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Donfamous(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
oooommmmoooo!!! see sonteen
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Arosa(m): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
when will we have trams like this in naija(Lagos and Abuja)?
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sooo beautiful kiss kiss....Russia's really booming

I pray Naija booms too undecided undecided cry
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Russia - beautiful country by horrible racist people - I hope their racism stops
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by arresa: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
MarvellousGod: Sooo beautiful kiss kiss....Russia's really booming

I pray Naija booms too undecided undecided cry

Russia's economy is crap and at historic low, the rubble is .27cents to a dollar, the stock crashed yesterday, they lost over $100 billion in less than a year...

Do you people keep up with news or current affairs..?

4 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
arresa:

Russia's economy is crap and at historic low, the rubble is .27cents to a dollar, the stock crashed yesterday, they lost over $100 billion in less than a year...

So Nigeria's economy is now better than theirs? undecided

1 Like

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by valdetino(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good designers. Creative dudes. I love this
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by omniwater007: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
seankafor: i weep for mysef and africa
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Horlawoomey(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nice design
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by omniwater007: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Stop weeping!,it's too early for that,our future engineers,lawyers,teachers,doctors,architechs etc have all turn entertainer producing crappy music
.The present society and education sector are not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
_____
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
gej is busy celebrating locomotives. Slow poke trains by slow poke president.

Sincere9gerian.

2 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by arresa: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
MarvellousGod: So Nigeria's economy is now better than theirs? undecided

Were you talking about Nigeria or RUSSIA? You said Russias economy is booming and I pointed out your lack of knowledge in that area.. I'm thinking you know how to read and comprehend...
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Iluvberem: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli: gej is busy celebrating locomotives. Slow poke trains by slow poke president.

Sincere9gerian.
Facts is that africa is still behind or have you ever seen this kind of train in any african country?
Can your buhari give us half of this even a locomotive.
Your hate for GEJ is driving you crazy and you need deliverance at 7 thunder or come to me let me knack out that spirit of hatred in you with my....

Jesus is Lord

Hallelujah

4 Likes

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
arresa:

Were you talking about Nigeria or RUSSIA? You said Russias economy is booming and I pointed out your lack of knowledge in that area.. I'm thinking you know how to read and comprehend...
My statement was made with Nigeria in mind, of course if I were in a country with a better economy than Russia I wouldn't have made such statement. ..

Your two comments have been followed by insulting statements. if you don't know how to counter constructively, please don't quote me again...
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
_____
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
____
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by bwideity: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
BadBoy25: there's nothing innovative about that ugly streetcar design. I prefer the modest design .
below are modest streetcars in Seattle

Next time do a research before you say something like this, check the pics below....

MORE OF RUSSIAN TRAMS...........

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
grin

2 Shares

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
ThanGod the best GEJ has given us is the FakaFiki own and Nigerians too already beatify the trains with more than thousands passengers hanging on the roof grin
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
arresa:
Forget all this your economic indicators on Russia , we all know how westerners play this Stock/monetary Exchange games in subjective ways !

And when all these craziness regarding Ukraine/West/Russia stops , we all know the same investment boucing down will skyrocketingly bounce Up !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
bwideity:

Next time do a research before you say something like this, check the pics below....

MORE OF RUSSIAN TRAMS...........
Why do you guys keep responding to this thing? Ignore this guy for God's sake are you new on Nairaland? HAvent you looked at his post history?

1 Like

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
arresa:

No, People here do not keep up!
Welcome to Nairaland!!

By the Way, these trains look awesome. !!
Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by fr3do(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
BadBoy25: there's nothing innovative about that ugly streetcar design. I prefer the modest design .
below are modest streetcars in Seattle

I swear u must be on some organisation's payroll.

1 Like

Re: Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) by OCTAVO: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

UAE Govt Releases List Of Nigerian Politicians Who Have Properties In Dubai / Gov. Dickson Receives Victorious Gold Medalists, Doles Out Millions To Them. / Top Secret Of Bishop Oyedepo Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.