Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Flesh At Work (faw) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Flesh At Work (faw) (549 Views)

Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / Despicable Act : Jesus Encourage Eating Human Flesh - Bible / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flesh At Work (faw) by Simpsonrocket(m): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
FLESH AT WORK:
Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak -Matt26:41.
Most often, I find it difficult to say my prayers whenever I get back from work. My thoughts become divided. All what I hav'nt been thinking before going on my kneels to pray, will start coming out of my mind. One of such prayers goes like this: "Dear father I thank You for today (tomorrow I have to add SEO plugins to my website), I thank You for my family (I will need to wash my clothes before going to work tomorrow), I thank You for my business (I wonder why Chelsea didn't play Eden Hazard last night). AHHHGRRR! Why am I praying and thinking other things! God help me." Such prayers cannot go beyond your house top; if it tries to, it will be pulled down by the earth's gravitational force. "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish" -Gal5:17. Whenever the flesh is in control of the life of a believer, it will always do something to distract your Spirit. Sometimes when you are reading a chapter of a bible, you fall asleep easily than when you are reading a thousand page novel. That's the flesh at work! No wonder Jesus Christ's desciples could'nt pray with Him for one hour (Matt26:40). They all fell asleep. "So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God" -Rom8:8. If you are the type who abandon prayer times for television; going to church for party; reading the bible for newspaper etc. Know that you are walking in the flesh. And there is nothing you are going to receive from God. "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God -Rom8:14. Ask for the fullness of the Holy Spirit today. God bless you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Purpose / One Dies As Church Building Collapses In Edo / Redeem Pastor Escapes From Boko Haram After 10 Months In Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.