Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,139 members, 7,867,309 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes (1889 Views)

Bloody Clashes Likely Between Soldiers, Militants / President Jonathan Wades Into Oil Wells Dispute Among Anambra, Kogi, Enugu State / Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by abu12: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
Maybe you don't understand what I am saying.
Where were the Aguleri warriors when Ibaji people were killing you for your own oil?
I heard some Aguleri people have been displaced from their homes and now live in camps, where were the warriors while this was happening?
I hate empty boasting.

It is the same kogi warriors igalas, agulere are using to fight umolere for long claiming to be warriors. Now the chicken has come home to roost

2 Likes

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Haha,you dont seem to get it,Nigga.
The demarcation is ongoing and from what is happening on ground,it obvious every freaking well will go to Anambra.....lol
The old northern and southern boundary stands....lol
Aboki nodey hear word...abi you think say this one na dagger.....lol

Pls comment on the on-going exercise with caution...don't be judgemental. The outcome could shock you. The entire Aguleri could be ceded to Kogi.

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Please can someone post the map of the disputed territory for us to have an elaborate discussion. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by shizzleStar: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
Maybe you don't understand what I am saying.
Where were the Aguleri warriors when Ibaji people were killing you for your own oil?
I heard some Aguleri people have been displaced from their homes and now live in camps, where were the warriors while this was happening?
I hate empty boasting.
nwanne it is very disheartening i swear, I think Peter Obi was taking g a rather gentleman approach on the matter, this is the reason the iddiott op is always bragging that they will fight and makes sure the oil goes to kogi. Like Obi, Obiano is also taking a rather subtle approach, if entreaties from the FG fails to yield desired result, then hostility will be an unavoidable end
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
shizzleStar:
nwanne it is very disheartening i swear, I think Peter Obi was taking g a rather gentleman approach on the matter, this is the reason the iddiott op is always bragging that they will fight and makes sure the oil goes to kogi. Like Obi, Obiano is also taking a rather subtle approach, if entreaties from the FG fails to yield desired result, then hostility will be an unavoidable end

Why embark on a fight you know would lose from an empirical and theoretical standpoint. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Collynzo16: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

First of,I am not from Aguleri and everybody here knows that but Aguleri is special in Igbo history and culture.
To the koko,if it wasnt for the civilized manner in which Peter Obi and W. Obiano had decided to handle the case the Aguleri would have shed blood like they are known for. We ,Anambrarians dont want war because we will lose,going by the amount of billion we have poured into that project. This is common sense.
So because of the billions you have poured into the project, it is okay for you to fold your hands and watch hundreds of people get killed? What kind of logic is that?
This is the time to shed the blood you claim to be known for.
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by shizzleStar: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Keneking:

Why embark on a fight you know would lose from an empirical and theoretical standpoint. grin
keep laughing like a lunatic, what standpoints are you talking about,? you ain't even making any sence

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
shizzleStar:
keep laughing like a lunatic, what standpoints are you talking about,? you ain't even making any sence

I was referring to Dr. Peter and his successor......... grin
For clarity, their approach to the issue as raised by Odenigbo.... grin

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by shizzleStar: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Keneking:

I was referring to Dr. Peter and his successor......... grin
For clarity, their approach to the issue as raised by Odenigbo.... grin
you first device peaceful means in tackling such issues and that was what Obi did, but the greedy kogi people can't come to terms with it even after NBC had clearly mapped out the demarcation of the oil land in favour of anambra. If after this very ongoing entreaty by the FG and the greedy people don't respect the decision then we see what happens from there.

Obiano and Aguleri people need to wake up
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by abu12: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
shizzleStar:
you first device peaceful means in tackling such issues and that was what Obi did, but the greedy kogi people can't come to terms with it even after NBC had clearly mapped out the demarcation of the oil land in favour of anambra. If after this very ongoing entreaty by the FG and the greedy people don't respect the decision then we see what happens from there.

Hahaha when did NBC clearly mapped out the boundary between the two state? Barawo, that is how u guys will be lying about, leaving fake life
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by shizzleStar: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
abu12:

Hahaha when did NBC clearly mapped out the boundary between the two state? Barawo, that is how u guys will be lying about, leaving fake life
ok, I don hear
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
shizzleStar:

Guy,you are wasting your energy on nonsense issue.
When you go there you will see the demarcation yourself.
Its still the same old north and south boundary and you know what that means...lol
We have to be smart with these bloodthirsty terrorist because we have something to lose but they dont. And thats why they wanna destroy everything we have worked hard to build just so we can lose.
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by shizzleStar: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,you are wasting your energy on nonsense issue.
When you go there you will see the demarcation yourself.
Its still the same old north and south boundary and you know what that means...lol
We have to be smart with these bloodthirsty terrorist because we have something to lose but they dont. And thats why they wanna destroy everything we have worked hard to build just so we can lose.
odenigbo you seem not to get my point, I'm also of the opinion that those greedy people are fighting a lost battle, when I said Obiano an aguleri people should wake up, I mean that they should brace up in terms of self defense against those rogues. We are on the same page nwanne
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by thwarrior72: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
abu12:

Ask ur useless agulere brothers to get close to the oil well again if kogi won't teach them lesson, now ur governor is running from meeting again
Aboooki go rest, nothing good can come from north, we are taking oil here not terrorism undecided
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by RareDiamond: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
NBC to fast track demarcation of Ebon​yi /Cross River boundary
Posted on March 17, 2014.

The Director-General, National Boundary Commission (NBC), Dr Muhammad Ahmad, has said that the commission will review the boundary between Ebonyi and Cross River to fast track the demarcation process.
Ahmad said in Abuja at the weekend that the commission would dialogue with the states so as to fast track the demarcation process.
He recalled that in 2013 the commission organised a stakeholders meeting with the states on the need to dialogue.
He said that three levels of peace committee were reconstituted to restore peace in the disputed areas as a prelude for the resolution of the boundary.
According to him, after the meeting, violence erupted around a sector of the boundary, which hindered progress toward defining the boundary.
“Efforts are currently being made by the commission to implore the affected local government areas and communities to allow for a peaceful atmosphere to enable resumption of work on the boundary,” he said.
Ahmad said that the commission`s technical committee met with the Anambra and Kogi officials in 2013 to resolve the boundary disputes.
He said that a joint field team was constituted to begin the tracing and provisional demarcation of the boundary.

He said that the team had traced about 75 per cent of the boundary before it was stalled because access to the river Anambra was blocked by water hyacinth. This is as at 2013.
“However, the team will resume work on the remaining sector soon and upon the receipt of the joint field team’s report, a stakeholder’s meeting will be convened to discuss the report and the way forward.”

Ahmad said that the commission held a joint meeting in Yenegoa with representatives from Bayelsa and Rivers on how to resolve boundary disputes.
“The technical experts of the states and the Federal Government identified measures to be taken to move the resolution process forward.
“But Rivers state announced its withdrawal from further deliberations in any joint delimitation and demarcation exercise in respect of the boundary until certain demands were met,” he said.
Ahmad said that the sudden action by the state stalled further actions on the boundary.
He said that Enugu and Benue states have expressed their readiness to begin field work.
According to him, the field visit will be undertaken as soon as the Office of the Surveyor-General of the Federation is ready.

http://www.hallmarknews.com/nbc-to-fast-track-demarcation-of-ebon%E2%80%8Byi-cross-river-boundary/

It is Clear that the Oil Wells Belongs to Anambra State - Gov Obiano

Awka Chamber of Commerce
Governor Willie Obiano has disclosed that the government of Anambra state will encourage Orient Petroleum to build its refinery in the state within nine months, even as the company had equally received a licence for cargo Airport at Umueri where it intended to also use as a dump site for ATK used for flying planes so that international flights would procure their supply nearby. The Governor said that a six lane road linking the airports to other parts of the state will be constructed.
He spoke when a delegation from Awka Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture paid him a courtesy call recently at the government house Awka, where he also revealed that when Orient Petroleum is completed, it would produce an initial capacity of twenty thousand barrels of oil per day which would attract oil and gas industries to the state.
The Governor also said that the government will also take steps to enroll the state into the membership of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), even as the boundary adjustment with Kogi State is almost completed which has made it clear that the oil wells were in Anambra State. He affirmed that the state would soon approach the National Assembly for necessary legal framework to enable the state enjoy the benefits of being an oil producing state.
Earlier, the state president of the Chamber, Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu explained that the chamber came to inform the governor of the coming sixth Awka Made in Nigeria Trade fair which is aimed at promoting local goods

http://orientnewspaper.com/i-have-the-will-zeal-and-determination-to-rid-anambra-of-criminals-chief-willie-obiano/

IT IS CLEAR TO ALL THAT THE DISPUTED OIL WELLS BELONGS TO ANAMBRA STATE. THERE IS SOMEWHERE I READ THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF KOGI SAYING THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE OIL WELLS BUT IN THEIR LAND. THIS WAS AFTER THEY HAVE TRACED 75% OF THE BOUNDARY BEYOND THE LOCATION OF THE DISPUTED OIL WELLS

1 Like

Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by RareDiamond: 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
It appears that kogi people arguing about the oil wells lack knowledge of the area
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by MayorofLagos(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

First of,I am not from Aguleri and everybody here knows that but Aguleri is special in Igbo history and culture.
To the koko,if it wasnt for the civilized manner in which Peter Obi and W. Obiano had decided to handle the case the Aguleri would have shed blood like they are known for. We ,Anambrarians dont want war because we will lose,going by the amount of billion we have poured into that project. This is common sense.

Baba lo ma pa e! angry

Civilized manner mah @$$! This is why we say Iboman is only skilled in trading, he lacks acumen in managerial skills. We are talking about petronaira and resource ownership and this fool is placating on grounds of civic calls. If there was ever anytime to show bruteness and savagery, that time is now. America invaded Iraq for oil, Russia invaded Afghanistan for oil, Ibaji has invaded Aguleri for oil.

....... perharps if you take your civilization and infuse it into spare parts trade and fake drugs trade there will be less deaths on our roads resulting from mechanical malfunctions and as well from injurios side effects from poisonous pills and tablets ingestation.
Re: FG Wades Into Kogi, Anambra Bloody Clashes by Rijes: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
abu12:

Merge for what? That oil belong to kogi, kogi will be the first northern state to be declared oil producing state. I don't knw why anambra state governor will decide not to attend such meeting, even when Dora was buried on thursday
Illegal claims......
Note you that kogi is not hausa but igallas.
Note was illegally added to north central that is why they call them self middle belt instead of northerners. Who in his right sense, love to associate with illitrate. hausas. Oil go hungry u die

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aljazeera: Nigeria's Weak Health Sector Confronts Ebola / Atiku Sponsored Local Vigilante To Reclaim Mubi / Video: Buhari Decries FG Spending Billions On Hajj While Schools Are Unfunded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.