Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. (1617 Views)

U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola / Kaduna Suspects First Case Of Ebola? (ABU Student?) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Bigcake: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
News currently making the rounds in Calabar has it that the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease has been reported in Calabar. According to the source, it is reported that the alledge patient was refered to University of Calabar Teaching Hospital from Portharcourt after developing symptoms of high fever. Many people are said to have had primary contact with the patient. Can any Medic in Calabar confirm this?

1 Like

Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Lilimax(f): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Stop spreading rumour filled with lies on line sad
God hates it.
Proverbs 26:22 says: A juicy tale seems so sweet on the tongue, yet as it works its way deeper, it becomes bitter and harmful.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by freda506(f): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
And the rumours have started... undecided
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Bigcake: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lilimax: Stop spreading rumour filled with lies on line sad
God hates it.
Proverbs 26:22 says: A juicy tale seems so sweet on the tongue, yet as it works its way deeper, it becomes bitter and harmful.

Shalom!
Keep blaming me for being vigilant. Secondly, do you have problem in reading and understanding? I mean comprehension. I asked if any Medic in Calabar could confirm it. Are you a Medic? Obviously not, so keep quiet and die in silence and let those that have valuable contribution put it forth. Useme

3 Likes

Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Marcelinho(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
freda506: And the rumours have started... undecided
wat do u expect in a world were citizen journalism is the other of the day,

least u forget nice dp, the eyes too good
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Dymondgurl(f): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
I've been receiving a lot of BCs from my friends in calabar. Don't knw how true it is.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by ayukdaboss(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dymondgurl: I've been receiving a lot of BCs from my friends in calabar. Don't knw how true it is.
I've been reading same the whole day. Abeg O shocked
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by ayukdaboss(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lilimax: Stop spreading rumour filled with lies on line sad
God hates it.

Shalom!
Are you in Calabar?
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by phreakabit(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
Your threads title suggests it has been confirmed whereas it just a rumor.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
They should restrict movement to and from Rivers State for now, it will go a long way in containing the spread. BTW, why was the patient referred to another state and not to the isolation center in UPTH?

Chukwu, stand up and do something significant and treat this like the emergency that it is!
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Bigcake: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
phreakabit: Your threads title suggests it has been confirmed whereas it just a rumor.
Mind you, i said ''reported'' and not ''confirmed''. And i also used the adjective ''alledge'', which shows that the reportage isn't certain or confirmed.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by mamachops(f): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
A doctor at UCTH said its rumour...
let's still await more confirmation shaa

It is well with our nation if the people will do the right thing and stop blaming govt for their personal failure
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by freda506(f): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Marcelinho:
wat do u expect in a world were citizen journalism is the other of the day,
least u forget nice dp, the eyes too good
Let's hope it's false.
Oh, thanks.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Marcelinho(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
freda506: Let's hope it's false.
Oh, thanks.
Yea that our hope,
uwc
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by prettimoi(f): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
A doctor friend said the patient came in with ebola signs(high fever and was vomiting blood)but test result is not out yet so no one is sure for now.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by phreakabit(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bigcake: Mind you, i said ''reported'' and not ''confirmed''. And i also used the adjective ''alledge'', which shows that the reportage isn't certain or confirmed.

"Thread title". . . Reported = confirmed.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by nwaobitex: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
I really hope it's false.
Re: First Case Of Ebola Reported In Calabar. by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Can people aroung University of Calabar Teaching Hospital confirm this? There's no joy in spreading rumour and causing unnecessary panic

(1) (Reply)

Five Most Addictive Substances On Earth / Hcg Injection, Pls Help!!!! / Bodybuilding Supplements For Sale..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.