Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) (1269 Views)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / My Career Dilemma / How Do I Enhance My English Speaking And Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by Jamieb(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Am 22 and a graduate of English currently working with NIMC. Probably i will start my masters next year. I have been thinking lately of a professional course to go for that is in line with my course of study. Also i am intermediate in French and very passionate about learning it to become fluent but my fear is that if one does not have speakers around it might be difficult to learn it and speak it fluently at ibadan will be difficult. i know of Alliance Francais but have no ideal of how fast they can help one in becoming a speaker. My dream is to become a diplomat and i dont know the professional courses that would pedal me in that direction. Your contributions are highly appreciated.
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jamieb: Am 22 and a graduate of English currently working with NIMC. Probably i will start my masters next year. I have been thinking lately of a professional course to go for that is in line with my course of study. Also i am intermediate in French and very passionate about learning it to become fluent but my fear is that if one does not have speakers around it might be difficult to learn it and speak it fluently at ibadan will be difficult. i know of Alliance Francais but have no ideal of how fast they can help one in becoming a speaker. My dream is to become a diplomat and i dont know the professional courses that would pedal me in that direction. Your contributions are highly appreciated.
You are on the right track. You can go for CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Management.
To be a diplomat, try to get a job in international organization, or an embassy
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by Jamieb(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
gudrated:
You are on the right track. You can go for CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Management.
To be a diplomat, try to get a job in international organization, or an embassy
Thanks for your advice, i have International Studies for my masters in mind nd a burning desire to learn one foreign language. Am new at Ibadan and havent known much places. i will appreaciate more comments
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by snowserve(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jamieb: Am 22 and a graduate of English currently working with NIMC. Probably i will start my masters next year. I have been thinking lately of a professional course to go for that is in line with my course of study. Also i am intermediate in French and very passionate about learning it to become fluent but my fear is that if one does not have speakers around it might be difficult to learn it and speak it fluently at ibadan will be difficult. i know of Alliance Francais but have no ideal of how fast they can help one in becoming a speaker. My dream is to become a diplomat and i dont know the professional courses that would pedal me in that direction. Your contributions are highly appreciated.

Allianz Francais can help you attain your desired level of proficiency in French irrespective of your environment. I think your zeal is key.

For your diplomatic ambition, I'll suggest Institute of Public Diplomacy and Management (IPDM) & Institute of Strategic Management of Nigeria (ISMN ). Also do your research.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by Timynder(m): 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Despite the delays and the other ills, "Half of A Yellow Sun" still came out tops on opening weekend. To cap things all, the movie brought our one-time favourite group, Kush, back on its original soundtrack...Celebrate and share Nigeria with this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMaAtE43Ic
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by Jamieb(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
snowserve:

Allianz Francais can help you attain your desired level of proficiency in French irrespective of your environment. I think your zeal is key.

For your diplomatic ambition, I'll suggest Institute of Public Diplomacy and Management (IPDM) & Institute of Strategic Management of Nigeria (ISMN ). Also do your research.
All the best.
Thanks for this. Let me research on them.
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by snowserve(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION PRICE SLASH!!!

Snowserve Consults offers you an opportunity to transform your cv into a professional self-marketing tool for just #1000!!!
This offer includes 2 FREE EBOOKS by seasoned authors on how you can effectively use LinkedIn to secure your dream job. Grab this offer by sending your current cv to snowserve@gmail.com ,Offer lasts till 10th October 2014.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
Re: How Do I Enhance My Career (your Advice Needed) by farellstone: 10:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jamieb:
Am 22 and a graduate of English currently working with NIMC. Probably i will start my masters next year. I have been thinking lately of a professional course to go for that is in line with my course of study. Also i am intermediate in French and very passionate about learning it to become fluent but my fear is that if one does not have speakers around it might be difficult to learn it and speak it fluently at ibadan will be difficult. i know of Alliance Francais but have no ideal of how fast they can help one in becoming a speaker. My dream is to become a diplomat and i dont know the professional courses that would pedal me in that direction. Your contributions are highly appreciated.
bro I'm a graduate of english language too,if I may ask plz how did you get a job with nimc? cuz pple do say humanities student like us don't stand the chance.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Brown Collar Job As Soon As Possible / 45 Things I Wished I Had Done Before I Aged 40 / 10 Types Of Friend To Avoid To Attain Success In Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.