Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says (3127 Views)

Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? / ISIS Plots Mass Terror In Russia Putin Says "Bring It On"! / Meanwhile In Russia, Putin Passes Law Against Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
LAKE SELIGER Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Putin told the assembly, on the banks of a lake near Moscow, the Russian takeover of Crimea in March was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence. He said continued fighting in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists launched an uprising in April, was the result of a refusal by Kiev to negotiate.

Ukraine, and Western governments, accuse Russia of sending troops and armor to back the separatists in a conflict that has already killed over 2,000 people. Russia denies the charge.

"Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts," he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger. "We don't want that and don't plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.

"Russia's partners... should understand it's best not to mess with us," said Putin, dressed casually in a grey sweater and light blue jeans.

View galleryRussian involvement in Ukraine
Pro-Russia fighters are seen in Troitsko-Khartsyzk, east of Donetsk, on August 28, 2014 (AFP Photo/F …
"Thank God, I think no one is thinking of unleashing a large-scale conflict with Russia. I want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers."

Putin spoke easily with the students, many of whom looked to be asking scripted questions about demography and history. Other times he accepted gifts or, smilingly, played down their praise.

When a student said that she had not heard a single negative comment about Putin's presidency from camp speakers, he responded with a grin that "objectivity" was important.

His tone darkened when speaking on Ukraine, blaming the United States and the European Union for the "unconstitutional" removal of Kiev's former Moscow-backed president Viktor Yanukovich and replacement with a pro-European government.

He said eastern Ukraine did not agree with Yanukovich's removal and was now subjected to "crude military force" from government planes, tanks and artillery.

"If those are contemporary European values, then I'm simply disappointed in the highest degree," he said, comparing Ukraine's military operations in the east of the country with the Nazi siege of Leningrad in World War Two.

"Small villages and large cities surrounded by the Ukrainian army which is directly hitting residential areas with the aim of destroying the infrastructure... It sadly reminds me of the events of the Second World War, when German fascist... occupiers surrounded our cities."
http://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-russia-ready-respond-aggression-123956691.html
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
PUTIN and ISIS combination have drawn the world to the brinks of her ANNIHILATION !!
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by dammytosh: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
That is why i prefer Nuclear Weapon in the WEST alone.

I am sure any American President or British Prime Minister that utter that kind of useless statement would have been preparing his resignation papers by now.

Putin should understand that he is not the only one that has Nuclear weapon. Even Isreal can boast of plenty Nuclear War Heads.

He should not underestimate the power of technological anti nuclear weapons. Isreal has one in advance stage of testing.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
grin

4 Likes

Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by ocee31(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Babyboy1986(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by datguru: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
THANK GOD SAY NIGERIA NO DEY FINE TROUBLE. grin
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by ednut1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nuclear war surely will annihilate mankind. USA dont mess wit Putin grin
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hehe...Putin lives life like it's an action movie. smiley
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by alabosian(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ebele should not mess with our Boko boys either
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Geestunnar(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
When will all this stop. God help us.

***Frontpage....YEAH!!***
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Winners72(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nawa for dis pple ooo. There can never be peace anywhere in the world unless Jesus Christ takes over the reign of tins.
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by mazizitonene(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Don't mess with ebola africa cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
wink
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by amnestylaw1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
No be wetin dey do Russia dey do me.
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
I wish my oga at the top could say the same thing .....but
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Heyliesha(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
the fear of russia is the begining of wisdom
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Sylvarresta(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lobatan...... This one is hard o
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by tigonana: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Puttin stop playing wit fire.
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by emperorlog: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
If NUCLEAR war begins.....hmmn well no worries sha cos I know say Naija go be one of the safest countries... Na we go end this world by ourselves!
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by ednut1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Winners72: Nawa for dis pple ooo. There can never be peace anywhere in the world unless Jesus Christ takes over the reign of tins.
wen jesus dey alive on earth waa der peace
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by jibsai(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mr putin calm down bro
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Lero15(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Russian Maffias...hehe
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Yinkay: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
It seems Cold War is back with this statement from Putin, but it is still a MAD situation(Mutual Assured Destruction).
Deterrence is still the word.

1 Like

Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by chronique(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
I like firm,stern and bold leaders who do not mix/mince words when speaking. That's who Putin is.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Ishilove: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
MAD factor should keep these giants on their toes and their fingers away from the trigger. All these international d1ck measuring contests is making me very nervous.
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
datguru: THANK GOD SAY NIGERIA NO DEY FINE TROUBLE. grin

Trouble don locate nija already... Corrupt n cruel police...boko haram....Ebola ......desertation in the army.....slicing of people's throats in their homes in borno.....which trouble are you seeking again?
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Oklander: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Russia keeps the balance!
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Adrenaline123(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
pDude: grin
grin grin
Re: Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says by Shock(m): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
The statement shows more of weakness than strength. It is the sort of things you would have expected from North Korean Leaders.

No reasonable countries "boast" publicly of their nuclear deterrent except when they are really desperate to show their relevance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Election; Joe Biden Vote Exceeded The Number Of Registered Vote / 1917 Film Of China Shows Most Chinese Were Black! / Welcome To Pallywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.