Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use (771 Views)

GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Vote Your Favorite Php Framework (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by tweb1: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
I am trying to figure out the ecommerce framework that will be most suitable for me to learn. I am a php developer and I want to choose a free open source ecommerce framework base on
1. Ease of understanding
2. Community support
3. Ease of access to tutorial.
4. Security
5. SEO friendliness
6. Extensibility
7. Other good features(you may mention them)
Please I need the assistance of experinced developers in the house to make the right decision. Thank you.
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by khadri: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
Opencart will be good to start from
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by DualCore1: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2014
khadri: Opencart will be good to start from
From the little I know about Opencart, it isn't a framework, it is a script.

OP, I have used CodeIgniter and Laravel for some projects. I will recommend CodeIgniter for anyone who wants to try a framework which is both strong and has a moderate learning curve. In the process of trying out frameworks, I saw I had no real use for them (solo coder) and was better of with my custom framework which keeps getting richer and more compact with each passing project.
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by spikesC(m): 1:14am On Aug 30, 2014
DualCore1:

OP, I have used CodeIgniter and Laravel for some projects. I will recommend CodeIgniter for anyone who wants to try a framework which is both strong and has a moderate learning curve. In the process of trying out frameworks, I saw I had no real use for them (solo coder) and was better of with my custom framework which keeps getting richer and more compact with each passing project.

Aaah, thought i was the only one.

But it sure helps to learn standards, MVC and a few advanced features.
Though i prefer ready the source code, then implement in my own way
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by dhtml(m): 5:08am On Aug 30, 2014
DualCore1:

That is correct for many good programmers. I use my framework for most of my client projects and all my personal projects the only exception so far being dhtmlhub.com.
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by tweb1: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2014
I for one, I also enjoy using my own source code but I feel a need to have a good knowlege of the workings of 2 or 3 frameworks. One reason is that they can really help to speed up a project and another reason is to make my portfolio/profile look better. I have plans to learn yii in the near future but for now I need a framework that is designed for ecommerce.
Re: Which Ecommerce Php Framework To Use by jidez007: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
tweb1: I for one, I also enjoy using my own source code but I feel a need to have a good knowlege of the workings of 2 or 3 frameworks. One reason is that they can really help to speed up a project and another reason is to make my portfolio/profile look better. I have plans to learn yii in the near future but for now I need a framework that is designed for ecommerce.
Dis is my question as well. Am currently developing a shopping website like jumia but am using laravel framework 4 it.
@op mayb u shuld consider magento

(1) (Reply)

Help With Xammp Installation / HELP: Wptouch Pro Thumbnails/featured Images Not Showing / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.