Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan (9680 Views)

AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / Fernando Torres Wins Golden Boot At Euro 2012 / Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by amanikondo: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is to join AC Milan on a two-year loan deal.

The 30-year-old Spaniard arrived in Italy on Saturday to undergo a medical and agree personal terms.

The ex-Liverpool and Atletico Madrid forward joined Chelsea for a then-British record £50m in January 2011 but struggled to live up his price tag.

orres scored just 20 goals in 110 league appearances during his spell at Stamford Bridge, but was part of the club's 2012 Champions League success.

Speaking just hours before the deal was announced, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said: "If he wants to leave, it's because he wants to try a new life, a new club, probably a new league. To try to be happier than he was in the last couple of years."

Torres's prospects were hampered further by the arrival of fellow Spain international Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer.

Costa and Didier Drogba remain Chelsea's attacking options.

Milan have been on the lookout for another forward to replace Mario Ballotelli, who left the club for Liverpool last week.

Speaking on Milan's official website on Wednesday, Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "Torres is certainly an important forward and we will see if we can sign him or another player."

Torres's British record transfer fee stood until Angel Di Maria moved from Real Madrid to Manchester United for £59.7m this week.

While Chelsea fans only saw glimpses of the form that brought Torres 65 goals in 102 league appearances for previous club Liverpool, Mourinho spoke highly of him at Friday's news conference to preview Saturday's trip to Everton.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28991464
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by JojoArmani(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
That's Gud for him, let him try his luck there

Finally I made it. I love my phone. Thanks to ...............

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by barackodam: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Finally, 50cents is gone

At least for the main time

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by hungryboy(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Torres' poor form at chelsea is what happens to many of us,
Sometimes u try so hard to suceed but u still fail,
Torres tried his best at chelsea, he was just not lucky enough to bang in enough goals to justify his price tag,
I hope like Ballotelli, he will come back to the epl some day

4 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by barackodam: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
JojoArmani: Hh

hungryboy: .
undecided
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by jorhney(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
o
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by dljbd1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Second!!! grin
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by barackodam: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
dljbd1: /
jorhney: o

undecided
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Atmmachine(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wasted 50 million pounds..

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by pboiskinpy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Chelsea killing people's career since 1988....if in doubt,ask Shevchenko, Ballack and co

3 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
What of Mikel? Is Chelsea going to release him like Fernabache did to Yobo?

2 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by juniorjons(m): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lol.....finally.........
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nice move. I think the fresh breathe in a new league would help Torres get back to form again but I doubt it if we would ever see the lethargic Fernando Torres of the Liverpool days again.

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by SMALLPENIS(f): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
I have a feeling he'll shine at Milan.
All the best 50! *crying*

2 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Atmmachine(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sister Fernando Torres.
You get badluck like arsene wenger.

#GOOD_BYE grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by aforosco(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
good move for him
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good for his career.

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by iceberylin(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Torres missing Goals since 1000BC

but i'll miss him tho...
this is a Bad decission for chelsea,if Costa isnt Fit w'll have to rely on just Drogba
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Tval(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Goodluck
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by ayusco85(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
amanikondo: Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is to join AC Milan on a two-year loan deal.

The 30-year-old Spaniard arrived in Italy on Saturday to undergo a medical and agree personal terms.

The ex-Liverpool and Atletico Madrid forward joined Chelsea for a then-British record £50m in January 2011 but struggled to live up his price tag.

orres scored just 20 goals in 110 league appearances during his spell at Stamford Bridge, but was part of the club's 2012 Champions League success.

Speaking just hours before the deal was announced, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said: "If he wants to leave, it's because he wants to try a new life, a new club, probably a new league. To try to be happier than he was in the last couple of years."

Torres's prospects were hampered further by the arrival of fellow Spain international Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer.

Costa and Didier Drogba remain Chelsea's attacking options.

Milan have been on the lookout for another forward to replace Mario Ballotelli, who left the club for Liverpool last week.

Speaking on Milan's official website on Wednesday, Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "Torres is certainly an important forward and we will see if we can sign him or another player."

Torres's British record transfer fee stood until Angel Di Maria moved from Real Madrid to Manchester United for £59.7m this week.

While Chelsea fans only saw glimpses of the form that brought Torres 65 goals in 102 league appearances for previous club Liverpool, Mourinho spoke highly of him at Friday's news conference to preview Saturday's trip to Everton.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28991464

U mean 50 cent?

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
nice
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by magicalkid: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
www.Royalsolace.tk has been loaded with cheats,musics,tutorials etc|Hurry now no time to waste|just at www.Royalsolace.tk
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix619: What of Mikel? Is Chelsea going to release him like Fernabache did to Yobo?
Nope...

LIFE IMPRISONMENT THINGS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by akpanikpe(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
How that one concern me? Person wey even warri wolves no go free sign.

2 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by SmooshCHN: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Unless oh e what most think, I believe he'll get Beck in his Awesome form.
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by akpanikpe(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
imoleay0:
Nope...

LIFE IMPRISONMENT THINGS!
Lol guy I go report u ooh.

1 Like

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by adebrave1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Booked
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by natureblack(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Smart move

I advice(he can't hear me though)you don't waste your time looking back at what you've lost.Move on,life is not meant to be traveled backwards.

I fancied Torres when he was in Liverpool,even if he was a menace to my team Man Utd and Vidic specifically. I guess he has reached his peak and the law of diminishing return has befall him.

I wish him all the best in AC Milan

GGMU though

3 Likes

Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
At last!!!! Thank God Torres is gone for now
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by Buchukwu: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Let's hope the chelsea curse leaves him, i'm an arsenal fan but i wanted the guy to succeed at chelsea, still one of my favourite players. Hope wenger had signed him.
Re: Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan by manck: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d

[size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D. A. A. A. AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa

Emperor of the country of Independent Western Nigeria ( by International law)
amusiwa@hotmail.com

you have 197 countries in the world.

193 are registered with united nation as member nation
4 countries are non member nation. Independent Western nigeria, taiwan, vatican, kosovo. 3 are non member of UN.

You have to know United nation membership is not a definition on what qualify a place as a country.

You can go and ask ban kim moon.. The united nation is just a body that independent country like Independent Western Nigeria can apply to. Western nigeria also have power to own its own currency apart from the naira.

And it is total independent of any nigeria law. You can go and ask ban kim moon.

I am not telling you to bomb anyone, I am teaching the correct thing.

[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Manchester City: UCL (1 - 0) On 17th September 2014 / Reading Vs Arsenal (2 - 5) On 17th December 2012 / Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.