Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back (64791 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
I hope many of those who are said to be quarantined are not just down with malaria, fever, vomiting or diarrhoea that has nothing to do with the Ebola virus. When things happen like this, I know that many innocent people will become victims of indiscriminate isolation leading to more deaths because of poor diagnosis.

May God help as many as will be down with any kind of illness at this time, as their fate would already have been decided
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by eby001(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
slimmy05: I hope many of those who are said to be quarantined are not just down with malaria, fever, vomiting or diarrhoea that has nothing to do with the Ebola virus. When things happen like this, I know that many innocent people will become victims of indiscriminate isolation leading to more deaths because of poor diagnosis.

May God help as many as will be down with any kind of illness at this time, as their fate would already have been decided
@slimmy05 think of this: if we do nothing.
So any suspect must quarantined cause the only check we have for now is quarantine and isolation.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Revolva(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
AM WATCHING TRANSFORMER 4 ...Hey see where technology finish optimus prime is coming to fight his creators.....next...ok ..ebola..matter...omo make e bola go to hell
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by nannyo(f): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Benswaggy: one fucking annoying thing abt dz fucking doctor z dt, the fuckin Hotel where he treated dt fuckin patient secretly, z opposite my street.

How i wish i cud give him a second death 4 bein so silent all these while knwin fully well dt he had contact wif one of d people dt had contact wif Patrick sawyer.

Oh! dz z y I hate Africans.
pls wats d name of d hotel n location?
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by ceejayluv(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vado:

Or maybe not undecided . There are discoveries in science made by accidentally doing something right. I know ebola doesn't have 100% fatal rate so if he recovered by luck, fine. But if it was as a result of something else administered, that's worth checking.
The Doc would have administered himself the same "substance" if there was something special.. the diplomat's immune system helped him, just like hundreds of ebola survivors across West Africa.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sammyblaq: i could have believed this news but SaharaReporters are the bearer....i dont believe it shaa.
Fear kills faster...so comrades, stay strong. Am out

You're wrong.

A bullet shot to the base of the skull or a knife in the heart (though could be a bit messy) kills faster than fear.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by luvdy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
are there no security barriers for these quarantine suspects?
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Seriously with such massive continuous ignorance displayed by that guy I wonder where this country is heading to. "Shooting an infected person infects you"?? shocked What a statement

Not that his idiocy needs defending but I think he's just limited to those ineffective AK47 carried by ou highway robbers here.

He's not exposed to various weaponry for various tasks.

Yeah I wouldn't want to shoot an infected person at close range with a shotgun due to blowback but you can take someone down from 1.5 kilometers away with a sniper rifle.

A British soldier has the record for a kill shot from 2.5 kilometers away.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by charlsecy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
peter1994: maybe she is afraid that even if she was not infected before, she would be because she will come in contact with people who have the virus.
Have you been to an isolation centre, that you know she will be in physical contact with others kept in isolation?
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by crowntoro(f): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yomieluv: If caught,she should be burnt alive. She's wicked.
who come wicked pass between yu and the lady??
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by dominicnuel(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
can sum1 tell me will stayin 21days in quarentine n helpin to contain dis disease n spendin 1day n sharin with thousands wich is beta? If Yes/No den Y re people running away n spreadin it. If na money dem no go gree spread am lyk dis ooo.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by JuanDeDios: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
SuperMartins: Hmmm..Nawa oo, u running to infect pple in d same bus,pple ur sweat touches while trekking to ur safe haven,den u get to xchange plesantries,den u get to d house u escaped to and hug dem....Nawa...hope dis tin doesn't get to Edo! Any1 who has gt dis and tries to escape to Edo,May u collapse on ur way here! AMEN!! Dats like Suicide-distribution nau,u jxt wana spread it
Lol. No be that Edo wey dem dey pass go evriwia? Just pray they don't stop to buy bread in New Benin.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by JuanDeDios: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
slimmy05: I hope many of those who are said to be quarantined are not just down with malaria, fever, vomiting or diarrhoea that has nothing to do with the Ebola virus. When things happen like this, I know that many innocent people will become victims of indiscriminate isolation leading to more deaths because of poor diagnosis.

People are not primarily quarantined based on symptoms. They're quarantined based on CONTACT with any confirmed Ebola case, whether they have symptoms or not.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by piagetskinner(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
C werrin greed dey cause....because of how much eh! chai God de*
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
JuanDeDios:
Lol. No be that Edo wey dem dey pass go evriwia? Just pray they don't stop to buy bread in New Benin.
bros cheesy if u get am,no come ooo! I like u naim make I advice u oo...Greetnx bruv smiley
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by bukatyne(f): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
CityNG:

Just take both knees out from 100 yards first so that she stops running, then send a round from up top down into her heart for an instant kill and little blood loss.

Then let the suited up clean up crew take her away and then decom the kill zone.

These are serious times that requires serious actions.

I'm not advocating killing folks just because they have Ebola but if you escape from quarantine and risk infecting others then you've basically given up your right to life.

I agree with you

Anybody who knows he/she has EVD and still escapes from quarantine should be killed on sight or poisoned

Desperate times call for desperate measures

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by DECOtech(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dpress: no one likes restricted movement.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by DECOtech(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dpress: no one likes restricted movement.
It is indeed the height of foolishness, stupidity, selfcenteredness and wickedness put together! And to think that she's a doctor.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by rightflank: 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
The Ebola network is fast gaining wider coverage; God help us.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by ataller1: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Now look at what a aggressive man has caused his family, secretly treated a man known very well to hv infected with deathly sickness has turned to caused his life n dat of his family...... moral lesson: learn not in ur own understanding....d love of money is d root of al evil. May God help us
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by magicalkid: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
ARE U STILL BROWSING WITH MONEY?, WE HAVE MADE IT EASY 4 U JUST REGISTER AT WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK AND GET UPDATES OF FREE BROWSING CHEATS AND TUTORIALS.(TUTORIALS ON HOW TO HACK 2GO WITH USERNAME,HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AND LASTEST ALL NETWORK CHEATS. HURRY NOW@WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
fr3do:

Black again!
What is your problem?
This type of stupidity is not exclusive to any particular race.
Nigga get your head straight.

I'm no nigga angry
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Sammyblaq(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
CityNG:

You're wrong.

A bullet shot to the base of the skull or a knife in the heart (though could be a bit messy) kills faster than fear.
am tryna calm an issue down...but i understand u a whole lot. So chill
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by eaglechild: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Going through all the posts here, I am utterly devastated that the Rivers state government has succeeded in spreading blatant lies against a dead doctor who cannot defend himself.

But I will categorically state that the doctor had absolutely no knowledge that he was treating a primary contact.

The wife who is also a doctor alerted the authorities based on the symptoms that preceded the spouse's death.

These were more specific haemorrhagic symptoms unlike that of the diplomat which were non specific and thus undetected.

The diplomat was treated primarily at the doctor's hospital.

The diplomat withheld history of contact.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sammyblaq:
am tryna calm an issue down...but i understand u a whole lot. So chill

Your temperament or intent is not a concern of mine.

I respectful decline your request.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by mindtricks: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmafrancis: Like seriously Am yet To understand the rational behind the fleeing of people that r supposed to be quarantined.

And for that late Doctor that wanted to leave the good people of Rivers State with high BP, I hope u share the same room with Patrick sewyer on the other side.

And for those that makes big deal out of FTC; Grow up!

Dude, dont look too far: Nigerian Govt is anything but really caring. They just dont give a hoot about anybody. With all the bogus propaganda in the media you will think they are sincere and commited.

Those who had contact should not try to hide, but still the people in the govt should come out sincere, and be more caring!!!

Only those who have real experiences with this "quaratine" will understand what the govt has to offer.

A country with heartless people running it!!!
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by mindtricks: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
magicalkid: ARE U STILL BROWSING WITH MONEY?, WE HAVE MADE IT EASY 4 U JUST REGISTER AT WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK AND GET UPDATES OF FREE BROWSING CHEATS AND TUTORIALS.(TUTORIALS ON HOW TO HACK 2GO WITH USERNAME,HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AND LASTEST ALL NETWORK CHEATS. HURRY NOW@WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK
\

You better stop this rubbish!!!
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
nannyo: pls wats d name of d hotel n location?
MANDATE HOTELS @RUMUODOMAYA, PH.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akdegreat: SHE NEEDS A DIRTY SLAP FIRST. angry
With your hand you can slap her as u wish. cool

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by neyur: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Beync: What is the meaning of quarantine? Somebody educate me

simply means to "check for".
Or it involves d process of isolating people,animals n crops for easy recognition of any pathogenic organisms or to know if d person is free from particular disease, as a preventive measure to stop d pervesive of disease

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by mindtricks: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild: Going through all the posts here, I am utterly devastated that the Rivers state government has succeeded in spreading blatant lies against a dead doctor who cannot defend himself.

But I will categorically state that the doctor had absolutely no knowledge that he was treating a primary contact.

The wife who is also a doctor alerted the authorities based on the symptoms that preceded the spouse's death.

These were more specific haemorrhagic symptoms unlike that of the diplomat which were non specific and thus undetected.

The diplomat was treated primarily at the doctor's hospital.

The diplomat withheld history of contact.

You can imagine that doctors are losing their lives to this disease while many of us who are not doctors will feel like doctors themselves are not already doing too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AKA‘s Fiancée, Nelli Tembe Commits Suicide, Jumps Off A Skyscraper / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.