Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,043 members, 7,953,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! (21043 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / Why 248 Containers Of Phcn Equipment Were Seized For 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 30, 2014
We could have been enjoying better power supply since 2003 but the equipment was stored deliberately to keep us in darkness buying generators and diesel! No wonder Barth Nnaji said what he said! Jesus Christ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
A Logistics expert and consultant to Ministry of power Mr. Emmanuel Nweke has said that the recently released 248 containers of power equipment will no doubt boost supply of electricity across the country.
Electricity-new
Disclosing this to newsmen in Lagos, Nweke lamented the delay of the power equipment in the port , adding that the release of the equipment to the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) will help boost power supply, which will in turn add value to the lives of Nigerians. Nweke, who decried the epileptic power outage experienced in the country said Nigerians would have enjoyed better power supply if the past administration had ensured that the abandoned equipment which were expected to complete major power projects in the country was put into use
“It is so appalling that for over 11 years, very important equipment that would have added value to the lives of Nigerians were kept in the port for such a long time”. He opined that while the Federal Government was working hard to deliver the dividends of democracy, some unscrupulous Nigerians are trying to truncate these efforts.
It will be recalled that Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, in Lagos commended the Apapa Customs Area Comptroller Mr. Charles Edike for facilitating the release of the containers. “Your support and assistance in delivering the equipment to the Transmission Company of Nigeria is commendable, your support will go a long way in boosting power supply
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/release-power-equipment-port-boost-power-supply/#sthash.8jci8vtG.dpuf
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Blakjewelry(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2014
good one, but it seems that these guys have murdered their conscience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by ofala(m): 12:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Its only in our beloved Country that nobody will ever be questioned or relieved of his job or put to prison for job negligence....

Hopefully.....better days are ahead

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by shikshark: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2014
no wonder there is no light in ibadan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Dreal1247: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2014
A ban is supposed to be placed on the importation of generators in this country.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Am textless!

4 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Obasgilbert: Am textless!
If you check well there is one fat civil servant who struck a deal with generator importers for this to happen. He is the same one who will die on a pension queue cursing "government" as if he was a good person.
Nigerians! undecided

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 30, 2014
This is a situation where one found guilty should be jailed for 11 years or tied to a stake and shot 11 times angry angry angry

27 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by chukxie(m): 3:51am On Aug 30, 2014
Nigeria, a country where public office holders can do silly and unbelievably wicked things and get away without any repercussions. I cry for my beloved country.

8 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Jaideyone(m): 4:03am On Aug 30, 2014
aaye mi o shocked what's wrong with us in this country? I'm sure most of those equipments are decaying already

8 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 30, 2014
Mu he he he he he he!

Do you Nigerians now believe that you are in big trouble? grin

Jaga jaga country, yama yama people cry

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by olapluto(m): 4:04am On Aug 30, 2014
So the person who ordered it did not bother to check?
A government of no checks, no balances. DO you just pay for goods without receiving them?

19 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Dominionng(m): 4:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Some CABALS wanted Privitization that bad or Mikano gat a hand in this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Techwriter: 4:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Is it that GEJ is working and his government is undoing many coverups and administrative negligence or that he is doing all this because of next years election? I used not to support this dude, In fact I even voted against him but truth be told I may have been wrong. With several "transparent" projects to empowering the youth with entrepreneural drive, to the railway wonders and now rebuilding the desolations of many generations of leaders, I think I can say he is trying. Anyway this is my first time saying this on Nairaland.

However, every government should read emeagwali's thought about Africa and the way forward. I found it very inspiring(not minding the controversy surrounding the writer) http://think2wize..com/2010/09/where-is-africa-going-wrong.html

11 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by 3Dimension: 4:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Our problems are not imported They are made in Nigeria

Kokoro tin jefo idi efo lowa

11years!!!!

12 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by hensben(m): 4:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Ban importation of generator and see if we will not have stable electric power supply.

Wicked people

3 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Blakjewelry: good one, but it seems that these guys have murdered their conscience.

Apologies ahead but you have to dig deep, and I mean real deep, to find Nigerians with a conscience.

Controversial statement sure but ponder it for a minute.

Who was the last Nigerian that you dealt with that you feel had a conscience deep down.

3 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by NaLaugh: 4:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Wasn't this story on the frontpage some weeks ago?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria , Home of Wonder grin !!
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 30, 2014
3Dimension: Them go don expire sef.

No, they have a pretty long service/shelf life.

Now I will entertain an argument that they may have been tampered with or bits removed from them to repair others in operation.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Liamm(m): 4:11am On Aug 30, 2014
I'm coming.

2 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by HealNigeria: 4:14am On Aug 30, 2014
What! This is worse than ebola virus.

For the symtoms, prevention and treatment of ebola virus......>>>> EbolaVirus.com.ng
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by 19naia(m): 4:15am On Aug 30, 2014
Text book example of why Nigeria fails at being a real country no matter how much money they have in the government budget..
All those years, power supply was worse than the previous 20 years and the government was running around pledging projects and throwing money at various parts in need. All that while there was Aide to the problem already there waiting to pass through they eye of the tiny sensibility of the people running the ports...

The truth is derailment along the way is inevitable due to incompetence or some clueless long throat holding up goods and services to extort bribes.. Even if it was a 5 million naira bribe, it is nothing compared to the billions lost by people in business from Dangotes level Down to people just using light at night to live by in the slums and villages... The amount spent on generators,petrol,oil and repairs is enough alone to build nigerias infrastructure to a level that will compare to any developed country...
People pursue power and authority as a means of personal gain..and then proper thought and management never grows and the country never makes it out of its quagmire... Its a culture issue, not money or the means to do it right... The culture of big man getting his own first while big sense and knowledge just flushes down the toilet because its not sweet in the big powerful mans long throat..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by dryakson(m): 4:15am On Aug 30, 2014
All the thiefs have "standby generators", why would they border! ......... If. The use of generators will be ban in Nigeria I "SWEAR" Nigerians will ENJOY 24/7 LIGHT LIKE MOST OF THE ADVANCEd COUNTIES THAT they don't have clueless, theifs, enemies of progress, selfish, murderer, 'illiterate like most of the politicians in Nigeria.....
..... Am weeping for my dear country.......
... Ya ALLAH/Almighty God, you know what to with them......... Save us from those murderer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by DonXavi(m): 4:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Most of the people we elected in this country and still elect in high positions of authority are not patriotic at all, they don't have the ordinary Nigerian at heart.

3 Likes

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by BRAV0O(m): 4:20am On Aug 30, 2014
shocked

No wonder , look at where we are today ' I came across one article emphasizing on why nigeria struggle with 4000 megawatts which is south africa tents , what could we say ?

Where do we go from here ?
I'm sure gej is not to be blame for this...

Nigeria government never loved us.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Billygee2u: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2014
this news is quite unbelievable in a sane country.

who impounded the equipments?
who was the custom comptroler when it first arrived at the sea port ?
must Nigerias always show I don't care attitude in every matter ?
the people behind this must be made to face the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by tbagjames(m): 4:20am On Aug 30, 2014
Our development in the power sector has been stalled for over 11 yrs for some selfish reasons best known to their ''oga at the top''. I had to wear a non ironed dress, drink non refrigerated water, buy fuel for me Gen While some social psycopath was somewhere enriching himsef. May God forgive whoever is guilty of this 11 yrs of backwardness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 30, 2014
I have said it before..... Kill all past leaders and every elder that has been in government and Nigeria breath again.... the choke hold of greed that these old men have on this country is alarming, all for what? so they can sleep with young girls and amass wealth that their kids will fight over once they are dead

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by pragmatistm(m): 4:24am On Aug 30, 2014
Crazy country. And nothing will be done even after this sad news.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by bastien: 4:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Up nepa
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Rikidony(m): 4:26am On Aug 30, 2014
WTF angry

i cnt believe this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Mahmood Yakubu & IGP Baba Meet Stakeholders In Awka Pictures / Fashola: Right Thinking Nigerians Will Vote For APC In 2023 / Tinubu: Practical Ways Forward On The CBN New Naira Notes Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.