Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) (927 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Adventures Of A Superhero / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
So I've finally decided to step up to it, it's a story I want to publish but I'm still a kid (14 years ) So I will like to hear some constructive criticisms and reviews,, So do should I post it, those in favor of motion say aye dose not in favor say nay. God bless the nays.
Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yea

but boss
untl ppl c ur story, they will not want to reply ooo
Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
aye
Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Fixgoo:
So I've finally decided to step up to it, it's a story I want to publish but I'm still a kid (14 years ) So I will like to hear some constructive criticisms and reviews,, So do should I post it, those in favor of motion say aye dose not in favor say nay. God bless the nays.

aye
Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
i've been wondering since i got here where's the story dat i wanna vote 'aye' for :-/

bro come start tori... aye go proceed afta dat alright?
Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
STORY

There's a saying that "condition make crayfish bend". I almost never understood the meaning until i graduated from the university. Three years and my CV still lies in the belly of the wooden keeper in my mediocre 'face to face' room apartment, which means i still don't have a job. Fortunately i discovered a routine that could get me just enough money to have a roof over my head and keep body and soul together. But everyday can never be christmas and things are certain to go wrong when fate speaks.

The trees, buildings and people went past me as i increased my speed on the road. I tightened my grip on the handlebar of the Daylong bike as the cooling air blew against my hair and stopped me from sweating underneath the dirty work clothes i wore. My free hand was busy operating.

I couldn't help getting angry as i scrolled the internet browser on my second hand android. Today was the sol system allignment that was happening today by 2:30 pm. It was believed to happen every thousand years or so when the planets in our solar system rotated on a straight line. Many people believed it was a sign of good fortune and i wasn't among the lot.

"Tunde? How does this bla bla bla help you out" i asked myself.

I checked the time. It was almost 2:30, i still haven't made a kobo or eaten and the money had to come before the later.
I was an okada rider and it seemed like i was cursed not to find a passenger.

I almost got one when a jeep pulled up and picked the person who preferred the free ride. I tried the nice guy approach asking those on the road where they wished to go only to get negative responses. I moved ahead and began to realise that they could have thought i was a ritual killer, a kidnapper or something. Crack!

"Bike, you dey work?" i was thrown out of my reverie on hearing the rough voice accompanied by whistle and hand waving. I killed the engine beside a guy who looked like a dinosaur holding bombs. Hunger makes you see things differents, i shook my head and looked again. A tall young man stood there waving his hand in front of my face.

"Are you alright?" he said looking at me strangely. I nodded and he told me where he wanted to go.

"Pay a hundred naira bros" i said. This was a chance to make use of my smarts. The money would be enough to buy pepper rice courtesy of Mama put. The boy was smarter.

"I can pay fifty" he replied.

"That place far, pay eighty"

"I have just fifty naira" said the boy not wanting to give in.

I looked around, the people i saw before were leaving. In anger i sped off, i was a little distance off when i noticed my fuel gauge was signaling danger.

"Bros, hop on" i said on turning back. The boy smiled wryly, he had won.

The journey was another story.

"Are we there yet?" i asked for the umpteenth time as i tried to navigate the dirt track. We were going into a lonely place. There were thick bushes everywhere.

"Still dey go"

"I go stop here"

That reply was met with a cold, tactiturn look. The boy came down and dipped his hand into the wallet, nothing.

There was no money. My smile suddenly burst into a laughter, it sounded wicked.

"You think say i dey play?" i asked. Getting off and grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. I assesed him, his shoes and rolex wristwatch were worth the trouble. I heard rumors of what bikemen did to those who couldn't pay, i smiled at my idea and ordered him to hand them over.

The boy refused and tried to walk out, i blocked him, i shouldn't have done that. The boy pushed me aside, my anger was piling up.

I sent a blow at him which he dodged. He dipped his hand into his trouser and brought out a pistol. I frozed in my tracks.

"You brought this on yourself, you should have left when you had the chance" I heard the trigger pull. I winced in pain before collapsing. The last thing i heard before losing consciousness were the sounds of lightening thundering across the sky. It was 2:30.

1 Like

Re: Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Fixgoo:
STORY

There's a saying that "condition make crayfish bend". I almost never understood the meaning until i graduated from the university. Three years and my CV still lies in the belly of the wooden keeper in my mediocre 'face to face' room apartment, which means i still don't have a job. Fortunately i discovered a routine that could get me just enough money to have a roof over my head and keep body and soul together. But everyday can never be christmas and things are certain to go wrong when fate speaks.

The trees, buildings and people went past me as i increased my speed on the road. I tightened my grip on the handlebar of the Daylong bike as the cooling air blew against my hair and stopped me from sweating underneath the dirty work clothes i wore. My free hand was busy operating.

I couldn't help getting angry as i scrolled the internet browser on my second hand android. Today was the sol system allignment that was happening today by 2:30 pm. It was believed to happen every thousand years or so when the planets in our solar system rotated on a straight line. Many people believed it was a sign of good fortune and i wasn't among the lot.

"Tunde? How does this bla bla bla help you out" i asked myself.

I checked the time. It was almost 2:30, i still haven't made a kobo or eaten and the money had to come before the later.
I was an okada rider and it seemed like i was cursed not to find a passenger.

I almost got one when a jeep pulled up and picked the person who preferred the free ride. I tried the nice guy approach asking those on the road where they wished to go only to get negative responses. I moved ahead and began to realise that they could have thought i was a ritual killer, a kidnapper or something. Crack!

"Bike, you dey work?" i was thrown out of my reverie on hearing the rough voice accompanied by whistle and hand waving. I killed the engine beside a guy who looked like a dinosaur holding bombs. Hunger makes you see things differents, i shook my head and looked again. A tall young man stood there waving his hand in front of my face.

"Are you alright?" he said looking at me strangely. I nodded and he told me where he wanted to go.

"Pay a hundred naira bros" i said. This was a chance to make use of my smarts. The money would be enough to buy pepper rice courtesy of Mama put. The boy was smarter.

"I can pay fifty" he replied.

"That place far, pay eighty"

"I have just fifty naira" said the boy not wanting to give in.

I looked around, the people i saw before were leaving. In anger i sped off, i was a little distance off when i noticed my fuel gauge was signaling danger.

"Bros, hop on" i said on turning back. The boy smiled wryly, he had won.

The journey was another story.

"Are we there yet?" i asked for the umpteenth time as i tried to navigate the dirt track. We were going into a lonely place. There were thick bushes everywhere.

"Still dey go"

"I go stop here"

That reply was met with a cold, tactiturn look. The boy came down and dipped his hand into the wallet, nothing.

There was no money. My smile suddenly burst into a laughter, it sounded wicked.

"You think say i dey play?" i asked. Getting off and grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. I assesed him, his shoes and rolex wristwatch were worth the trouble. I heard rumors of what bikemen did to those who couldn't pay, i smiled at my idea and ordered him to hand them over.

The boy refused and tried to walk out, i blocked him, i shouldn't have done that. The boy pushed me aside, my anger was piling up.

I sent a blow at him which he dodged. He dipped his hand into his trouser and brought out a pistol. I frozed in my tracks.

"You brought this on yourself, you should have left when you had the chance" I heard the trigger pull. I winced in pain before collapsing. The last thing i heard before losing consciousness were the sounds of lightening thundering across the sky. It was 2:30.

continue

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Assassination / "Nah Who Carry Belle?" My Encounter With A Naija Teenager! / Writing Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.