Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Ntldr Missing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ntldr Missing (644 Views)

Ntldr Is Missing / Ntldr Missing (meaning?) / Ntldr Missing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntldr Missing by dongee1: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2008
Hi,
I'm new at this. but here it goes.
This is how the problem began ,
woke up one day and my PC gave me this message" Operating system not found or missing"
I proceeded to back up all my files through this EDR Program a buddy of mine let me use,
Next i wiped the disk after doing so, I attempted to reinstall Windows xp sp3 "No luck"
The cd wouldn't boot. so i went through all the steps to make my pc boot from cd or hard drive. nothing!
So i did some research and noticed that i didn't format the disk, so i proceeded to do so.
I attempted to reinstall windows xp and no luck, The cd wont boot.BUT! When i insert the EDR CD , It starts
the EDR Command Program. Right now this is the only i can't access the disk or anything for that matter.
Now when I'm in the command center i access my CD Drive to install windows and the cd runs but the " Install "
Option is the only one not highlighted, if i click other installation it wont let me check compatibility.
I really don't know what's going on. i did a reset to the BIOS by removing the battery. i've tried hundreds of time to boot from CD.
And still no luck. Did i mess something up by wiping the disk?
Does anybody have a clue whats going on?
PLEEEEEEASE!
Re: Ntldr Missing by awizzy1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2008
NTLDR missing means u av got no OS, i will advice u try using another OS cd,
peace
Re: Ntldr Missing by dongee1: 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2008
Its not the cd, I have 2 Pc's and a Laptop they all run the CD with no problem, Its more then that.
Thanks anyways
Re: Ntldr Missing by awizzy1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2008
umh k, whats d makeĀ  and model of ur machine,i will also like to knw which os u where using B4 now,
peace
Re: Ntldr Missing by dongee1: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2008
I'm using a HP Pavilion,
I was using Windows xp sp3.
Re: Ntldr Missing by dongee1: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2008
Would the partition be the problem, ? I just formatted the disk again but this time i cleared the partition.
Also, Is it ok to have more then one as the primary partition ?
Re: Ntldr Missing by awizzy1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2008
i insist u try using anoda OS cd,if that does'nt work get a usb converter that suites ur harddisk, use it to connect ur harddisk to anoda sys,format ur harddisk using NTFS file system and try booting from ur OS cd,
peace.
Re: Ntldr Missing by inze(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2008
u shouldn't have formatted, a simple repair could do the work.
Re: Ntldr Missing by Dclique(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2008
compaq's are easier to deal with
Re: Ntldr Missing by dongee1: 12:18am On Oct 28, 2008
Thanks a wizzy
I'm Going to go ahead and try another CD. If that doesn't work I'll try the next step.
Lets see what happens.
Re: Ntldr Missing by Ositash: 9:03am On Oct 28, 2008
Hey dongee1, I think you should do as 'a wizzy' said. Remove ur hard disk nd connect to another system tru a usb connector but I dont tink ur hard disk size would be the same.Reason: The sector 1 portion of ur hard disk is bad so u will only be able to use a portion of ur hard disk even after formattin. I suggest u get a new hard disk. its usu. about 10k 4 a notebook hard disk. Using ubuntu wont b bad kos ubuntu can go around nd use other sectors though u will need some commands.
Re: Ntldr Missing by fiesta88: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2008
when my p.c showed something like that i just formatted the disk, nd reloaded th o.s . u can try that

(1) (Reply)

Laptops With Free Bag And Flashdrive , Get Yours Now / Pls Help And Teach Me / Multilinks Evdo For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.