Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here (1510 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Talent and education are not enough. Determination and perseverance are very important in life and business. Get a life by utilising what you have.
Pls, any information you percieved would be important to the house is welcomed.
Let's create our world of riches and wealth.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Pls, I need an assist. Can someone assist me on how much it will cost me to raise 1000 layers to point of lay. Expected cost are as follows:
Housing cost and Feeding cost.
Also, is there readily available market for layers?
I was into broilers then I want to do something more stable for a living unlike the broiler that is mostly seasonal.
Your candid advices are welcomed.
Thank you somuch.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Well, I've being able to gather the necessary information I need. It was an awesome experience observing every nitty gritty involved in raising 1000 layers.
The next stage I would want an assistance is on Land. Please, do anyone have a reliable and useful information that will assist me on getting some plots of land in Ebonyi state.
I just passed out from NYSC, 6 months ago and would like to help myself and also employ some nigerian youths in my society or environment.

NB: Pls, if you have any useful information that would empower a Nigerian youth, kindly share it. More especially, Ebonyi youth.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by nigerfine: 2:48am On Nov 12, 2014
Can you send me your contact om my email.....keles1003@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 12, 2014
nigerfine:

Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Its high time I seek for the assistance of a consultant. Agricultural consultant is needed for advice and direction.
Thank you.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 15, 2014
ProffT01:
Its high time I seek for the assistance of a consultant. Agricultural consultant is needed for advice and direction.
Thank you.

Upward and Forward movement.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
nigerfine:

Thank you for being there, the words of encouragement, good gestures etc.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by nigerfine: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
I watch with keen the number of contributor on this topic...... I can see while there is a great gap between this state and others. Untapped area.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2014
nigerfine:
I watch with keen the number of contributor on this topic...... I can see while there is a great gap between this state and others. Untapped area.

You are right sir, it has Salt in abundance, Kaolin in abundance, Rice cultivation and processing poor management, Cassava, palm trees and its processing yet untapped. Partners are needed.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, said on Monday that rice production in the country over the last three years has generated about N400billion to the Nigerian economy.
Adesina who stated this in Abuja at the Second Nigeria Rice Investment Forum, said Nigeria has currently attained 80 per cent self-sufficiency in paddy rice production as well as added seven million metric tonnes of paddy rice to the domestic food supply in 2013.
He maintained that with the establishment of 18 rice integrated mills across the country, that Nigeria would not only achieve self-sufficiency in rice production but also would become a net exporter of food.
He explained that the challenge confronting the nation in its bid to attain self-sufficiency in rice production was the milling of the paddy rice which has been produced in the country in large quantities
While explaining various initiatives introduced Agricultural Transformation Agenda and the successes recorded he said, “What has happened as a result of this is that our rice farmers have allowed us to add N400billion worth of value of rice into the economy.”
“The challenge we have today is not in the production of paddy rice but how to close the milling gaps.
“When we started, there was only one integrated rice mill in the country, but today there are 18 of them within the period of two and half years.”
He posited that Nigeria has no reason whatever to continue to import rice worth N365 billion yearly, in view of the fact that the nation is endowed with arable land and deep water resources.
The minister said already that the Federal Government has reached six million rice farmers across the country through the provision of fertilizers and high quality seeds.
Apart from the provision of jobs for the teeming youths across the country, Adesina said the introduction of both wet and dry seasons farming under the present administration, has helped tremendously to revive the rural economy.
He added that 24 States in Nigeria are now growing rice during the dry season, adding that all 36 States and Abuja are equally engaged in rice production during the wet season.
On the improvement of the quality of the locally produced rice, he argued that Nigerian rice now competes favourably with the imported rice from Asian countries. http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/rice- production-generates-n400b-nigerias-economy- adesina/

How can we tap into this great agricultural transformation agenda?
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Daniel058(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nwanne, a bum NWA_ABAKALIKI 4 LIFE, ONYE IZI TO BE PRECISE.... WHICH AREA OF FARMING ARE YOU?
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Daniel058:
Nwanne, a bum NWA_ABAKALIKI 4 LIFE, ONYE IZI TO BE PRECISE.... WHICH AREA OF FARMING ARE YOU?

Poultry Production
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Daniel058(m): 5:47am On Nov 19, 2014
ProffT01:

Poultry Production
ok .. Do you knw about Food and Agricultural Development Initiative for Africans?? A federal Government sponsored programm that are into poultry , fish farming etc
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2014
Daniel058:
ok .. Do you knw about Food and Agricultural Development Initiative for Africans?? A federal Government sponsored programme that are into poultry , fish farming etc

Good morning Daniel058, I'm just hearing that for the very first time. Pls, I look forward hearing more about them on: how to access their services, etc. Thank you so much.
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Daniel058(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2014
ProffT01:

Good morning Daniel058, I'm just hearing that for the very first time. Pls, I look forward hearing more about them on: how to access their services, etc. Thank you so much.
NOT EVEN ONE of THEM , BUT HAVE SEEN THEIR HUGE EFFORT HERE IN MY VILLAGE,, THEY ARE ABOUT CONTRUCTING CONTRUCTING 100 PONDS.. 20 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.. EACH TO CONTAIN 2000 FISHES..
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Daniel058:
NOT EVEN ONE of THEM , BUT HAVE SEEN THEIR HUGE EFFORT HERE IN MY VILLAGE,, THEY ARE ABOUT CONTRUCTING CONTRUCTING 100 PONDS.. 20 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.. EACH TO CONTAIN 2000 FISHES..

Pls, how can I enrol, to be one of the beneficiaries?
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Daniel058(m): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
ProffT01:

Pls, how can I enrol, to be one of the beneficiaries?
I think you can get the info from your development center...
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Daniel058:
I think you can get the info from your development center...

Oh, I have being in my town for months now and have not heard anything about that.
Well, for the Development Centre coordinators they are only interested on themselves immediate families and friends and, if you are not of their flocks forget it.

I called a so called friend of mine who works in the local government to help me with informations concerning the sure p activities going on in the Development Centre and Local Government, he turned down my request to help me get along since August ending till now.

Programmes and informations in my DC are being hijacked, worked on and processed secretly only to resurface for the masses to know about it a day or after the programs must have being concluded or executed.

Please, anyone that have an idea or information that will help a Nigerian youth to be gainfully employed, and on the long run I can successfully employ others should relate with me.

I swear an allegiance to equip, train and motivate other youths. Thank you a great deal. 08098802452
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
Apply for youth with initiative: www.youwin.org.ng
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by nigerfine: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi proff...complement of the season
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
nigerfine:
Hi proff...complement of the season

Happy New Month!
Re: Ebonyi Farmers, Let's Meet Here by upengineer: 12:24am On Feb 03, 2015
where can i get OGBOLO in commercial quantity in ebonyi? I also heard the market for ogbolo is regulated. Hoe through is that

(1) (Reply)

Ugwu Farmers In The House Pls I Need Your Help. / Get FREE Information On How To Make Passive Millions From Hybrid Guava! Very Imp / 4000 BIRDS CAPACITY PEN FOR SALE IN IBADAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.