Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. (1689 Views)

'James Ibori Will Return In July To Help Sanitize Nigeria'-APC Chief,Ayiri Emami / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production / Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Solutioncrib: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2014

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said Nigerians must hold President
Goodluck Jonathan personally
responsible if the Ebola Virus Disease
spreads more than it has done in the
country, after he failed to stop a rally in his support in Port Harcourt on Saturday, despite warning from individuals and groups.

In a statement issued on Sunday in Lagos by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said never before has a President of a country sabotaged his own Administration's policy and endangered the lives of his compatriots as President Jonathan has done over the issue of Ebola.

It said the same President who declared a national emergency on Ebola and advised against large gatherings to prevent the spread of the virus was the first to flout his own advice by his failure to stop the rally by the so-called Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) in Port Harcourt, a few days after the virus was detected in the city and at
a time that contact tracing was going on to find all those who may have had
contact with the medical doctor victim
of the disease.

''On the altar of political desperation,
President Jonathan put the lives of
Nigerians in danger. In order to realize
his ambition for re-election, President
Jonathan has shown he is ready to
sacrifice as many lives of Nigerians as
possible.
There goes the President's statement that his political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. This President simply says what he doesn't mean.

''As we said in our statement of Aug.
28th 2014 calling on President Jonathan to halt the TAN rallies, especially the one in Port Harcourt, could anyone guarantee that none of those who have had contact with the medical doctor who died of the
disease will attend the rally?
That is why we are calling on Nigerians to hold the President responsible if Ebola spreads more than it has in the country,'' APC
said.

The party said shortly after it made the call for a halt to the TAN rallies, others, including the NBA and Prof. Itse Sagay, in a clearly patriotic duty, issued similar calls.
''In fact, the APC in Rivers described such a rally most appropriately as a 'firing squad against the people'.

But because he will rather be re-elected than give a damn over the safety of the same people who voted him into office, because he will rather transmogrify than transform President Jonathan ignored all the calls and allowed the rally to hold.

This is an unprecedented act of political desperation,'' it said.
APC said for those who might try to spin the issue by saying the President has no control over the organizers of the rally, they should be asked who the rallies will benefit, whose top officials, including Secretary to the Government Anyim Pius Anyim, have been attending the rallies and what is the source of the funding of the gatherings.

''The TAN rallies are government-sanc
tioned. The TAN rallies are the Jonathan Administration's cunning way of beating the INEC ban on campaigns for next year's general elections.

The TAN rallies highlight the impunity of the Jonathan Administration.
President Jonathan is the sole beneficiary.
He can stop the rallies today, if only he wants to put the nation's interest above his own personal interest,'' the party said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Lagos, Aug. 31st 2014

http://solutioncrib.com/discussion/1799
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by kessel: 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
To hell with you, all APC.you all are vipers

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Why don't we all lock our doors and remain indoors because of Ebola?
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by eleojo23: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
People still go to markets, churches and mosques, right?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by eagleae7(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
shame on u apc
empty tank makes most noise

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by lecturerdabo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
EBOLA!

EBOLA!!

EBOLA!!!

WHY IS THIS EBOLA MORE PRONOUNCED IN APC STATES??
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
which kind sauce be this??
lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by naijarates(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
I think APC for once is right on this one cry cry cry BTW doesn't the governor have the power to have stopped the rally?
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by trully101: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
The rally should have been stopped......afterall he will still win the election.
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by thebloodykiller: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
But its from APC

SO

I don't care

APC is evil

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Rijes: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
If president apc shouts, if president eat they shout. If I were goodluck, I will endorse regionalism so that this stupid hausa go to their farm
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
I don't think posters before me are Nigerians or just choose to be enemy of their country.The man is saying the truth, what should be the beauty of having opposition party if they sealed their mouth when the president is doing something not reasonable
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by lilprinze: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
APC hating on GEJ since 1997 APC should shut the fu*k up Jare if they don't know what to say they should keep quiet and stop making useless and unnecessary noise they are just jealous that plenty people were present at the campaign or rally they did not make that statement out of love for the masses but for their selfish reasons. As if people are not still going to churches or mosques or market. APC can go and hug transform and blow for all I care. GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ipledge: I don't think posters before me are Nigerians or just choose to be enemy of their country.The man is saying the truth, what should be the beauty of having opposition party if they sealed their mouth when the president is doing something not reasonable

Would you like the President to ban all election campaigns and all electoral activities in the country because of Ebola?

Be careful what you wish for

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
mikeansy:

Would you like the President to ban all election campaigns and all electoral activities in the country because of Ebola?

Be careful what you wish for
it should not be port harcout
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by naijarates(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
FOR ONCE GOODLUCK PUT HIS AMBITION FOR SECOND TERM BEFORE THE SAFETY OF HIS PEOPLE. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Demdem2: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
This is so on point from APC. Far before apc made his call, demdem2 called for the cancellation of the gathering simply because of Ebola concerns in PH. Sane men did the same but Jonathan saw no sense in such.
It's obvious now that the ambition of Jonathan to him supercedes the lives of all Nigerians combined together. The fool doesn't give a damn even if ebola wipes off his people as long as he is in aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by uken73(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
SMH for politicians. Must everything be viewed with political advantage in mind?
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by MARKone(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
grin grin

APC was shocked by the crowd that turned up. They want to use the fear of Ebola to break people. It's high time they do less talking with treats and focus more on upcoming Elections.

And no campaign for them in any state until the Ebola virus is properly contained.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by brownlord: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Demdem2: This is so on point from APC. Far before apc made his call, demdem2 called for the cancellation of the gathering simply because of Ebola concerns in PH. Sane men did the same but Jonathan saw no sense in such.
It's obvious now that the ambition of Jonathan to him supercedes the lives of all Nigerians combined together. The fool doesn't give a damn even if ebola wipes off his people as long as he is in aso rock.

Mumu, go to mile2, cele, alaba, yaba and different markets across the country and see people doing business, why not go there and close the market first, I'm sure the rally was for a day, people went to church today, tomorrow people will go to market, of all this is the rally that will make the Ebola spread abi?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Demdem2: 6:17am On Sep 01, 2014
brownlord:

Mumu, go to mile2, cele, alaba, yaba and different markets across the country and see people doing business, why not go there and close the market first, I'm sure the rally was for a day, people went to church today, tomorrow people will go to market, of all this is the rally that will make the Ebola spread abi?

Fool, didn't the govt know this and still went ahead to postpone resumption of schools? What reason did they give again?
Again fool, didn't the govt advise citizens to minimise body contacts and avoid unnecessarily gatherings ?
Yet again fool, how dare u compare a gathering with so many coming from outside PH with potential of spreading to other states in huge numbers to markets and small gatherings within Ph itself. U sound really daft u know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2014
Can't this rabble rousers keep it shot for once?
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Adetula1(m): 6:54am On Sep 01, 2014
will apc make this same comment if the president stop praying in the mosque n church for reason's of avoiding body contact
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by barika2011(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2014
eleojo23: People still go to markets, churches and mosques, right?
During the peak of the ebola scare in lagos,computer village at ikeja was almost a ghost town,at churches hand shake and hugging in church has stopped,at mosques the use of another persons kettle of water is no longer allowed....so don't tell us people still go to those places wen u go with extra caution...
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by hydeka: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2014
barika2011: so don't tell us people still go to those places wen u go with extra caution...
I believe they also attend the rallies with extra caution...
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by barika2011(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2014
MARKone: grin grin

APC was shocked by the crowd that turned up. They want to use the fear of Ebola to break people. It's high time they do less talking with treats and focus more on upcoming Elections.

And no campaign for them in any state until the Ebola virus is properly contained.
Which crowd,Tan claimed 4million south-south people signed for jonathan,when amaechi was at pdp(people destruction party),rivers state alone gave 2million votes in 2011,and the whole south-south signed 4million for tan rally for 2015 wat a shame....that crowd u claimed came from edo,delta,akwa ibom,cross rivers,bayelsa and also some south east states...
Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Demdem2: 7:28am On Sep 01, 2014
Cowards abound on this thread no doubt.

As at yesterday, the commisioner of health in rivers stated that they have identified 50 primary contacts with the doctor thar died but can't locate them for isolation. This simply mean that 50 potential primary carriers of Ebola are out there on the streets of PH or thereabout.
What are the chances that none of the fifty wasn't part of this cursed tan gatherings? Residents of PH like me are apprehensive and of cos for good reasons.
If schools resumption can be postponed which demdem2 hailed why not a useless gathering that has no benefit whatsoever?
If ebola is found anywhere outside PH, let it be known that killer members took it there.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by vedaxcool(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Goatluck Ebola Jonathan acting dumb since 2010, how does one reconcile this level of policy somersault? Jonathan destiny is indeed to bankrupt Nigeria both financially and Human resources! He doesn't even care for his own people in the SS, he wants them to die in an Ebola outbreak. But the evil he plans for Nigeria either deliberately or dumbly na for imm head the wahala go land!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by koboko69: 7:38am On Sep 01, 2014
I have discovered some people are knowingly and actively daft. You ban churches from holding a large gathering crusade.....and bannned all form of large gatherings, passed a resolution that schools should remain shut, yet u cant stop a rally cos its about your re-election. Is the FG not supposed to be the Pioneer of abiding by the rule it created?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2014
Demdem2: fools abound on this thread no doubt.
Fixed!
Aren't you surprised at the comments made by the Jonathanians on this thread? I am sure they must have told their loved ones who reside in PH not to go for the rally for the fear of Ebola yet they come to this thread to spew nonsense!

I am impressed that people living in PH were wise enough not to show up for the rally. The stadium was very empty aside from those who were paid to come and cheer and dance. People are very mindful about the Ebola Virus and they try as possible to avoid direct contacts with people.
As Lai Mohammed rightly said,Jonathan should be held responsible if the Ebola Virus escalates.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Responsible If Ebola Cases Worsen In Nigeria, APC Tells Nigerians. by Demdem2: 7:46am On Sep 01, 2014
berem: Fixed!
Aren't you surprised at the comments made by the Jonathanians on this thread? I am sure they must have told their loved ones who reside in PH not to go for the rally for the fear of Ebola yet they come to this thread to spew nonsense!

I am impressed that people living in PH were wise enough not to show up for the rally. The stadium was very empty aside from those who were paid to come and cheer and dance. People are very mindful about the Ebola Virus and they try as possible to avoid direct contacts with people.
As Lai Mohammed rightly said,Jonathan should be held responsible if the Ebola Virus escalates.
Am about now leaving the house and I will surely meet up with some killer members. How am I sure these fools aren't already carriers.

More fools from outside the state attended the cursed gathering than those from rivers. I drove around ph on Saturday and the roads were free in some unexpected places despite the tan bullshit. Residents of PH are apprehensive, no one wants ebola around his vicinity. Am about now leaving my place of abode and will surely meet up with some killer members, how am I sure that these fools aren't already carriers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Recapture 3 Adamawa Towns / Amazing!!! Gen. Buhari Does Not Know The Full Meaning Of Apc & Inec (video) / kk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.