Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? (2073 Views)

Goat Delivers A Six Legged Baby - See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
I want to get a dog soon so I've been learning a lot from the thread. I just want a hairy fine dog but I notice people keep asking of pictures of dog parents before buying. Even if its not a pure bread what does it matter? Pls educate me!!
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Seun(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
People need to know what their puppies will be like when they grow up. The best way to do that is to look at what the parents are like.
A hairy puppy may grow up to look different from what you were expecting. It could be uglier or smaller or higher maintenance than expected.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Oh I see!! Thanks a lot Oga seun. What breed will you recommend for me then? I want a Hairy, friendly(coz I've got kids), big and fine, I want more of a pet dog and not really for security.

Seun: People need to know what their puppies will be like when they grow up. The best way to do that is to look at what the parents are like.
A hairy puppy may grow up to look different from what you were expecting. It could be uglier or smaller or higher maintenance than expected.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Apitch(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
St bernard is ur dog but costly to maintain. They are giant dogs too
You can also try the golden retrievers or labrador but the later is not that hairy
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks Apitch!!
St. Benard you say?
#openinggoogle#

Apitch: St bernard is ur dog but costly to maintain. They are giant dogs too
You can also try the golden retrievers or labrador but the later is not that hairy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ok, I've seen pictures. I like the golden retriever though they are not as hairy as I want but where will one get this kind of dog in Nigeria?

I hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg?

shabbey09:

Thanks Apitch!!
St. Benard you say?
#openinggoogle#

Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Apitch(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
shabbey09:
Ok, I've seen pictures. I like the golden retriever though they are not as hairy as I want but where will one get this kind of dog in Nigeria?

I hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Open a thread for it and be careful cos scammers are everywhere. Also ask vets around U
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
shabbey09: Oh I see!! Thanks a lot Oga seun. What breed will you recommend for me then? I want a Hairy, friendly(coz I've got kids), big and fine, I want more of a pet dog and not really for security.
American Eskimo! They are good watchdogs but also friendly and trainable: they were popularly used as circus dogs in the US.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
Samoyed right? Was considering that too. Thanx alot

Seun: American Eskimo! They are good watchdogs but also friendly and trainable: they were popularly used as circus dogs in the US.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
I think I will ask a vet and keep an eye out if I see any. Thanks a lot bro!

Apitch:
Open a thread for it and be careful cos scammers are everywhere. Also ask vets around U
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Mckandre(m): 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
get a Caucasian breed,its the best in that category.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks McKandre

Mckandre: get a Caucasian breed,its the best in that category.
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by Seun(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
shabbey09: Samoyed right? Was considering that too. Thanx alot
Actually, I mean American Eskimo and not Samoyed. They look alike, but they behave very differently:
- American Eskimos can be good watchdogs (they bark at strangers) while Samoyeds are best friends to everyone.
- American Eskimos can be trained to obey commands reliably, while most Samoyeds have minds of their own.

Physical differences: American Eskimo dogs have a greater tendency to have tearstains and live longer. Samoyeds are significantly bigger.

American Eskimos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R72NjafeB7U

Samoyeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8wvUqZfHs

This video shows the difference between a Samoyed and an American Eskimo dog trained by the same person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrO6bG7x-9s
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by shabbey09: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
Oh nice one Seun!!
Thnx

Seun: Actually, I mean American Eskimo and not Samoyed. They look alike, but they behave very differently:
- American Eskimos can be good watchdogs (they bark at strangers) while Samoyeds are best friends to everyone.
- American Eskimos can be trained to obey commands reliably, while most Samoyeds have minds of their own.

Physical differences: American Eskimo dogs have a greater tendency to have tearstains and live longer. Samoyeds are significantly bigger.

American Eskimos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R72NjafeB7U

Samoyeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8wvUqZfHs

This video shows the difference between a Samoyed and an American Eskimo dog trained by the same person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrO6bG7x-9s
Re: Why Do Dog Buyers Always Ask To See Pictures Of Puppy Parents Before Buying? by az30: 2:30am On Jan 09, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Human Hybrids (human-dogs) Being Sold Now To The Super Rich / Is This Dog Pure Breed Boerboel Pictures Attached / I Need To Give My 1 Year Old German Shepherd To Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.