Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? (5725 Views)

Do You Address Your Elder Ones By Their Nick Names? Disrespectful Or Not / How Do You Address Your Spouse's Elder Brother/sister? / Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ladies,

Can you call your husband Sir or Daddy?

for me it is a BIG No.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by ahkenaten(m): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
why would my wife be calling me daddy...me i no like am sha....

by the way

FTC grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by slimyem: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yes.
Kini big deal?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by SAMBARRY: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Shif, alajee, pastor, papa, daddy in the lord tongue

Oya o eyin iyawo all of the above con answer una name o tongue
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
ahkenaten: why would my wife be calling me daddy...me i no like am sha....

by the way

FTC grin

Some women say it is a sign of respect. To me it is just a way of making yourself feel little before the man

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Officiallyurs: Ladies,

for me it is a BIG No.
whatever that drives cordiality, closeness and romance in the home is welcome , it may even be the first name of the couple , sexy !
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Officiallyurs: Ladies,

for me it is a BIG No.

pet names or initials wunt b a bad idea besides its romantic
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by snazzylove: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
SIR or DADDY? Lmao grin grin grin
Are you kidding me
Is he my BOSS or my FATHER

What happened to more romantic pet names like, hny, swt, babe, booboo grin
Even icecream and sugar are more romantic than @ topic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by helen4(f): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
nope. i no call am daddy the time wey we dey court, so na now i go start abi. what happen to all the names iv been calling him. i no fit laugh

3 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Iolite(f): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
NO!
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
ephee:

pet names or initials wunt b a bad idea besides its romantic

Calling your husband daddy is romantic? Then what are you gonna call your real dad?

Sir is going to make the man think less of you and boss you around.

snazzylove: SIR or DADDY? Lmao grin grin grin
Are you kidding me
Is he my BOSS or my FATHER
What happened to more romantic pet names like, hny, swt, babe, booboo grin
Even icecream and sugar are more romantic than @ topic grin grin
Lmao. A lady called her husband Sir around me It felt so weird.

helen4: nope. i no call am daddy the time wey we dey court, so na now i go start abi. what happen to all the names iv been calling him. i no fit laugh

Azzin

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
slimyem: Yes.
Kini big deal?

I really like you. Get in touch with me please. Find out why I do.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by bebe2(f): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wetin dey?

I sometimes call him daddy, Bros, oga sir, landlord , epa, honey and a few others I cant repeat here shocked
all depends on my mood or wat am calling him for

its all fun na grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by gidjah(m): 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
MY HUBBY CALLS OF DADDY AND AM LOVING IT JARE!
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sir? Heck to the NO!!! Sounds too official and unromantic.

Daddy? Maybe. Sometimes. In the sack.
You know

"who's your daddy?"

And you're like "you baby. You're my daddy. Oooh oh oh" grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy: Sir? Heck to the NO!!! Sounds to official and unromantic.

You know

"who's your daddy?"

Aside during sex can you make it a daily thing.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
No. Except I want to tell my kid something about him.

Like "daddy says no sweets before dinner"
If I'm talking to him directly. It's a no

I'm sure he won't like it anyway
Officiallyurs:

Aside during sex can you make it a daily thing.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Yes.
1. Sarcastically grin
2. In a role-play kinda thing wink tongue
3. When I need something and I'm wooing him cheesy wink
I really dunno how to explain it but it'll come up once in a while smiley

3 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kandiikane(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

Some women say it is a sign of respect. To me it is just a way of making yourself feel little before the man

What if he calls you ma'am, ma or mummy? Are they belittling themselves in front of each other?
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

Calling your husband daddy is romantic? Then what are you gonna call your real dad?

Sir is going to make the man think less of you and boss you around.

Lmao. A lady called her husband Sir around me It felt so weird.

Azzin

u ar misunderstanding my response.i aint oldskool

read my post again!
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 01, 2014
My wife call me "sir", don't like it..haba,na marriage na,not oga,and surbodinate relationship na.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

What if he calls you ma'am, ma or mummy? Are they belittling themselves in front of each other?

Never seen a man address his wife as Ma. A man can't even try it unless if he is joking with you
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by beeevan: 6:38am On Sep 01, 2014
I will call him Nna anyi and he will call me Mama Nkolika undecided.

Seriously, how do women make love to men they call Sir? Whatever rocks their boat sha.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by SAMBARRY: 6:43am On Sep 01, 2014
grin shocked grin shocked grin grin grin
cococandy: Sir? Heck to the NO!!! Sounds to official and unromantic.

You know

"who's your daddy?"

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kandiikane(m): 7:01am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

Never seen a man address his wife as Ma. A man can't even try it unless if he is joking with you

Just because you have never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen

3 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Here we go again
What does it matter what a couple decide to call themselves?

If a lady wants to hall HER OWN HUSBAND sir, daddy, oga, otunba, chief, oga on top, kabiyesi, my lord, daddy wa, honey, sweetheart, foolish man, aka gum, yeye man, or just his name or wharrever, then thats their business. Its up to them.

I call my hubby HRH wink

Bottomline is as you fix your husband/wife, so shall others outside fix them. If you fix them low so shall others fix them. If you fix them high, so will others fix them. Its simple.

Nashville eku ojo meta o! How are you and yours?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2014
chaircover: Here we go again
What does it matter what a couple decide to call themselves?

If a lady wants to hall HER OWN HUSBAND sir, daddy, oga, otunba, chief, oga on top, kabiyesi, my lord, daddy wa, honey, sweetheart, foolish man, aka gum, yeye man, or just his name or wharrever, then thats their business. Its up to them.

I call my hubby HRH wink

Bottomline is as you fix your husband/wife, so shall others outside fix them. If you fix them low so shall others fix them. If you fix them high, so will others fix them. Its simple.

Nashville eku ojo meta o! How are you and yours?

Ojo meji pelu. We are well o.

I completely agree with you and also agree with other posters. I think it's all a function of stage of marriage. Most of the previous posters are in the first 0-5 years of marriage and I wouldn't expect them to call their husbands, chief, otunba, daddy wa, sir. They are still in the honeymoon phase of marriage, so let them enjoy their honeymoon.

In reality, as people get more mature and go thru life, what becomes sexy or romantic can change. What is romantic to a 25 yr old girl may not necessarily be the same to a 45 yr old woman. I know a woman that call her husband "my captain", just because he is recognised as one of the best pilots in the country. My aunt calls her husband daddy and quite frankly, a friend of mine also calls her husband daddy and they look perfectly happy together.

When you get older, some of those pet names may be a sign of uplifting your spouse, it may be a form of reminding him of the high points of his career or achievement. The important thing is to be happy with your spouse and not the name you call your spouse.

So for those that say calling your husband sir or daddy seems like you a making yourself a slave. No, "Sir" could actually be the husband's title (e.g. Sir Michael Otedola) and that may be the very sexy way his 45 yr old wife wants to call him. And believe me, it could sound sexy.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 01, 2014
Long piece of crap. Let him keep his sir at work.

If am a doctor I call him sir or captain what is going to be his response?

In such marriage you just know the man is a control freak.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Daddy?
Of all the names?
He is not my father
Never!!!
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

if a man should refer his wife as MA that means the woman is the HEAD of the Family.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2014
folly65:

Daddy?
Of all the names?
He is not my father
Never!!!

Of all the sweet pet names

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? / If U Don't Read This Book, U Are One Of The Indomie Generation / 8 People With Horns (viewers Discretion Strongly Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.