Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,314 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (43018 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by tijjanioyan: 9:56am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ANYWAYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.NAIRALANDERS MAKE UNA CONGRATULATE MEC OH!!!!!cheesy
u go trow party 4N/L family?
Lest i 4gt Congratulations,happiest birthday
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by backtosender: 9:56am On Sep 01, 2014
i think nigerian govt should swallow their pride and beg britian and russia for help like they did during biafra because we can see clearly that nigerian military cannot win any war without foreign help yeye country..
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2014
mandon: Permit me to ask these questions. Does it mean that Nigerian airforce does not have any jet fighters at all? Why do they need to buy new jets for boko haram fight? Does this mean that we will also need to buy new jets before we can contain external aggression if any? If this last question is correct, then we are living at the mercy of our neighboring countries.

I say this because should we have external aggression, Nigerians will be wiped off through air assault considering the time it takes to place order for jet fighters and the time of taking delivery.

The annoying part is that we haven't attempted to develop our own jet planes
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by seansifo(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2014
One of the reason Boko Harram won't end is simple because the Ogas@Dtop are using the opportunity to thief. I'm sure it would cost Nigerian purse over $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 to acquire the the 12 fighter jets whereas the get might not even cost up to $1,000,000,000.00

The best time to be in Politic is NOW!!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by seansifo(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2014
SUBMARINE:

The annoying part is that we haven't attempted to develop our own jet planes

They need the jets because they want to steal grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2014
igwemoagbo: this was my tweet pic weeks ago..." can the USA loan us just 10 of this, so boko ll be history...i guess someone up there read my tweet then cos they seem to have taken my advice.....hahahah grin grin grin grin
trust me the f16 is Λ nice jet but it aint worth the hassle and besides fast fighter jets are useless in this kinda war what we need are slow moving low flying attack fighter like the su25 frogfoot or better still dedicated attack helicopter like the mi28 with HMDS and flir even if we buy the basics, the south africans would be more than happy to help us upgrade to them NE setup and setup maintenance depots. If you have noticed, I haven't included and american hardware because even if they sell to you, amnesty internation later comes up with some human rights abuse and war crimes horse shhit and then lobby uncle sam to impose sanctions and stop inflow of spare parts and weapons and there you have it another white elephant project

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2014
seansifo:

They need the jets because they want to steal grin

Most likely and all this went into full gear after the civil war.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2014
All I know is #bringbackourgirls.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Odward(m): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Dis guy is really crafty,performing all dis feat so as to gain solid foundation against next year election........anyway just find enough guys to help u rig the election well cos for me,you are not getting my vote#seffini.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by lorRhyMeZ: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2014
lekkie073: which one be shilka gun again?

They are not actual guns in real sense fa...they are anti aircraft tanks
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by eunisam: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Kennyfancy: vacant to where.. ur hux...as a matter of fact,every single person in the north-east is a member of dis Islamic terrorist group called boko-harram..
so leave dem there

Guy you crack my ribs
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2014
Mrcdorv: All I know is #bringbackourgirls.
or #equip our millitary so that they won't take more girls#
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by lekkie073(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

They are not actual guns in real sense fa...they are anti aircraft tanks
so which aircraft boko haram get wey dem wan shoot down?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2014
chimoz:
Welcome, do I get a kiss?
kiss
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2014
Is shilka gun also the same as sakabula?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Rijes: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2014
koboko69: Arrest the former governor of Borno state, Arrest Ihejirika......

PDP using terrorism for self enrichment and political gains since 1940!

If we hear how much dem spend now...BokoHarm sef go take cover!
Blinded fool
A person from oda tribe convince ur pple to kill themself. Apc looking for who to accuse since 1440. Buhari is the chief boko

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by begwong: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2014
What type of fighter jets were they having in their arsenals all this while
On a related note picture of the 12 fighter jets or idonblivit tongue
Abi who saw the bullet proof cars of sacked madam stealer oduah grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by PapiWata: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Blockus:

Jets!!

Lol.. You want to fly jets and bomb who now?! How do you bomb targets you cant see?!

They would be better off purchasing Helicopter Gunships than Jets. The cost of flying regular sorties on a military jet is about 3 time the cost per sortie in a Gunship.

I would rather we purchase like 20 MH-6 Little Bird Helos to run sky patrol over the City and Jets like our MIGs to do intercept and precision bombing raids.

Twenty or more fully armed helicopters like the beauty in the above picture could be acquired for the price of one ground-attack jet, and these helicopters will be much cheaper to maintain, fuel and rearm after each combat sortie, in comparison to a jet. Most importantly too, helicopters do NOT need a runway to take off and land, as do fixed-wing aircraft. Any piece of level ground will do for forward deployment landing zones of helicopter gunships and medical evacuation choppers during war.

A few helicopters will inevitably succumb to ground fire, as is always the case when helos fly into war zones, but on the balance the above idea is absolutely brilliant, proving you are a man of great insight as well as Big Bawls, Blockus.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Rikidony(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2014
seansifo: One of the reason Boko Harram won't end is simple because the Ogas@Dtop are using the opportunity to thief. I'm sure it would cost Nigerian purse over $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 to acquire the the 12 fighter jets whereas the get might not even cost up to $1,000,000,000.00

The best time to be in Politic is NOW!!
GUY DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EVEN TYPING. DO YOU KNOW THE FIGURES YOU HAVE JUST POSTED THERE. undecided
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2014
I hope say dose bad guys no go hijack am because naija army lyk talk pass action
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by PapiWata: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Rikidony:
GUY DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EVEN TYPING. DO YOU KNOW THE FIGURES YOU HAVE JUST POSTED THERE. undecided

Abi you no get time to count all the zero when the man line up for you to count ? Maybe na how to spell "million dollars" dey worry am.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by djfaithy: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Few days ago, we heard boko haram want to acquire fighter jet, few days later NA are directly purchasing a dozen of fighter jet too, does that mean shekau was not going to buy fighter jet snatch some from the military as usual ? Or does this mean the two sides want to take the fight from land to air? Hmmmm I fear for the people still living in that part of the country, God save your people oo.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by 2tek: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Instead of buying shilk tanks, why not buy 3 super sophisticated apache - d type USA used to fight d talibans.

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2014
richybanky:

Happy Birthday to u pretty... Long life and prosperity.. Enjoy ur day!
THANKSsmiley
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2014
ZeusAyo: or #equip our millitary so that they won't take more girls#
Anyhow.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Omadachi(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2014
This is a welcome development.My only fear is that the military should not allow boko hara to hijack it from the as that will be very disastrious.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2014
I b dey tink say, y we go meet USA make dem borrow us deir fighter jets cos naija leader go use dat opportunity of buying fighter jets chop our money
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by abdulwizzy(m): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2014
The development of the ZSU-23-4 "Shilka" began
in 1957 along with ZSU-37-2 "Yenisei"[9] and the
vehicle was brought into service in 1965,
replacing all ZSU-57-2s in air defense units
toward the beginning of the 1970s. The ZSU-23-4
was intended for AA defense of military facilities,
troops, and mechanized columns on the march;
originally, the more powerful guns of "Yenisei"
were judged to be effective at covering the inner
dead-zone of Soviet surface-to-air missile
systems despite the increased weight of the
vehicle, but commonality prevailed. Initially, tank
regiments should have had the anti-aircraft
artillery battalion of "Shilka" (consisting of two
batteries, four ZSU-23-4s in each). At the end of
the 1960s, one battery was equipped with
ZSU-23-4s and the other with ZSU-57-2s.
Motorized rifle and tank regiment standard anti-
aircraft batteries consisted of two platoons later
(one platoon was equipped with four ZSU-23-4s
and another with four mobile surface-to-air
missile systems 9K31 Strela-1 or 9K35 Strela-10).
The ZSU-23-4 combined a proven radar system,
the non-amphibious chassis based on GM-575
tracked vehicle, and four 23 mm autocannons.
This delivered a highly effective combination of
mobility with heavy firepower and considerable
accuracy.
The ZSU-23-4 outclassed all NATO anti-aircraft
guns at the time, and it is still regarded as posing
a major threat for low-flying fixed-wing aircraft
and helicopters. NATO considered the Shilka to
be so dangerous that, in time of war, standing
orders required NATO pilots to destroy any
Shilka observed, even if doing so required the
pilot to abandon his mission.[citation needed]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by mizzy007(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Pls dey shld knw hw 2 fire dos jets oo b4 dey bomb innocent communities o
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2014
tijjanioyan: u go trow party 4N/L family?
Lest i 4gt Congratulations,happiest birthday
THANKSsmiley
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ugoezeik(m): 10:38am On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

au du l save dis armour tank. Pls if U can send it to my mail l wil b so sooooooo grtful. Ugoezeik@yahoo.com or gmail.com. l dey wait
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

Boko boiz dan kollekt am 4rm their hand since grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 / "Defeat Me With Superiority Of Your Argument Not With AK47" - Nnamdi Kanu To PMB / Alfred Diete-Spiff Flees Twon Brass Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.