Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? (6121 Views)

Boko Haram Comes Out In Full Force, Burns Down Army Base; Soldiers Run Into Bush / Plateau: ‘even Soldiers Run As Fulani's Terrorists Return With Deadlier Intent’ / The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by dekronik: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
See what they shoot our boys with. And you expect a person carrying an old AK47 to face such?

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by mployer(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
O boy!

Where do they get such weapon from?
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by LordMecuzy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
i watched the video. oooooh mehnnnnn dat gun sounded like an RPG. This ammunition can break a concrete wall and kill someone inside

3 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by lirusehn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
they can use Jet of destruction for all i care we taking over undecided

6 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by idupaul: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
50 Caliber machine Gun.. But our Ferrets are also mounted with 50 cals . Our soldiers have not seen battle for long with time they will over come the stage fright and stop fearing big calibre guns

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
The weapons they are using against us are the very same weapons from the Nigerian armory.

BTW, A good aim from a rocket launcher will do the job and clear that rusty old truck away one time.

Sha I can't believe am actually going to say this but I think our army comprises of Hippocrates and Cowards. Dozens of Them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by PointB: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2014

8 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
most of this weapons come from libya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Common, that's an ordinary Anti-aircraft machine gun .

Why it is effective in beating our boys is because it has a range of over 10km and can make the hardest of APC to be "soft skin" at 2-3km. No body armour can withstand its velocity as it can rip a man in two even at over 10km distance.

Only rebels use such munitions as anti-personnel weapon and that is why we need the airforce to neutralise these arsenals before our boys are sent-in to attack.

We shall get there!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by gbadexy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
idupaul: 50 Caliber machine Gun.. But our Ferrets are also mounted with 50 cals . Our soldiers have not seen battle for long with time they will over come the stage fright and stop fearing big calibre guns
I was wondering the same thing.
Boko haram attacked the mopol training academy with 5 tanks allegedly seized from the army when the repelled them from retaking gwoza and I did mention it then that tanks are mounted with high calibre guns not mentioning the artillery. With 5 tanks that is armoured and mounted with high calibre gun, the army should have retook gwoza. No newly purchased weapon can be superior than that except aircrafts.
Its courage that the army lack. I've seen similar gun mounted at the entrance of ojo barracks in lagos over 12 years ago during my stay at lasu.
I'm sure they must have had numerous of such guns that boko haram seized from them.

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by 100Cents: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
matify:

Common, that's an ordinary Anti-aircraft machine gun .

Why it is effective in beating our boys is because it has a range of over 10km and can make the hardest of APC to be "soft skin" at 2-3km. No body armour can withstand its velocity as it can rip a man in two even at over 10km distance.

Only rebels use such munitions as anti-personnel weapon and that is why we need the airforce to neutralise these arsenals before our boys are sent-in to attack.

We shall get there!!

shocked shocked shocked

Nawa o
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by SUBMARINE: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
dekronik: See what they shoot our boys with. And you expect a person carrying an old AK47 to face such?

OP needs deliverance
This weapon plenty for our armoury

6 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
weapons were seized from our army, if dey could use Ak 47 to seize it, what excuse does d army have not to collet it back

5 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
Weapons from Libya
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by koboko69: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
LordMecuzy: i watched the video. oooooh mehnnnnn dat gun sounded like an RPG. This ammunition can break a concrete wall and kill someone inside

How does RPG sound? undecided undecided undecided

How can u be comparing this to mere RPG
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by omenka(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
LordMecuzy: i watched the video. oooooh mehnnnnn dat gun sounded like an RPG. This ammunition can break a concrete wall and kill someone inside
That sh*t right there releases rounds that pierce through the armour of a tank I presume!

Na wa oo!!
God help our Khaki Boys!!
Sh*t's real as fvck out there!
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Philipmems(m): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
And I thought we had Airforce in Nigeria... So non of those planes they put is their hangars are working... Na wa oh.... This is suppose to be easy picklings from the sky.... ISIS were winning battles and gaining ground because of this same military artilleries until US airplanes were put into the equation to pick them off from the sky.

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by fr3do(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bbc hausa, no wonder!

Bad Belle Cockroaches

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Drabrah(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
idupaul: 50 Caliber machine Gun.. But our Ferrets are also mounted with 50 cals . Our soldiers have not seen battle for long with time they will over come the stage fright and stop fearing big calibre guns
lol
not funny @all
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by JEITO: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
I see so many BH suspects in here.

Better call DSS ASAPshocked

2 Likes

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by rattlesnake(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Treason
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Mcbussy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
PointB: And our gallant soldiers have this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1530983_perr2_jpegbdb35846395d9c5e66d6d0c64ed488be

and this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1531140_ure2_jpegff07868d26333b1cf217f03bdccc89de

and so much more:

https://www.nairaland.com/1801690/photos-nigerian-armys-campaign-north#24509709

See dis 1...does d 2nd pix look like an assault weapon to you. Tell me how u'll defend urself when you are shooting a fixed artillery weapon. undecided

To be honest,our soldiers are out gunned because they're not using the right weapons.

Just look at that Armored personnel carrier with tyres...a Lt. Colonel was burnt alive in sumthn like that last year.instead of using a proper,fully metal tank,they're patrolling in an armored vehicle that can easily catch fire....hmm,not funny
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Mcbussy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
dekronik: See what they shoot our boys with. And you expect a person carrying an old AK47 to face such?

Choi!...real 50 cal. o...dis 1 go tear helmet join skull. shocked cry

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by lilprinze: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
BH are now using MMG(multi purpose machine guns) while our soldiers are using AK47 it is just like going to fight your enemy with a knife while he has a gun . Why won't they run its not their fault I don't blame them I blame FG for not giving them more sophisticated weapons.
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by IGBOSON1: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
You would have thought having air advantage would make all the difference!
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by PointB: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mcbussy:

See dis 1...does d 2nd pix look like an assault weapon to you. Tell me how u'll defend urself when you are shooting a fixed artillery weapon. undecided

To be honest,our soldiers are out gunned because they're not using the right weapons.

Just look at that Armored personnel carrier with tyres...a Lt. Colonel was burnt alive in sumthn like that last year.instead of using a proper,fully metal tank,they're patrolling in an armored vehicle that can easily catch fire....hmm,not funny

But those are part of, and are by no means, the complete arsenal of the Nigeria Army. And there is nothing wrong with having armored vehicles with tires, as different operation demands different tool. A right mix is very necessary for the kindly of urban guerrilla tactics the terrorists are using. Going through the link in my initial post, you will realize that our soldiers appear to have different kinds of weapon, which I believe is specific to their nature operations, and specific task!
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Psylas(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
If you watch boko haram video tape and see how this guy move with hundreds of hilux, jeeps and deadly weapons, you go know say Nigeria Military na boys scout. Even American armies no go fit face them on ground fight, boko is strong
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
This people are well funded, do you know the cost of all these military hardware? Lord help us.
Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
With that picture,Nigeria is definitely in war.

Oh boy,are you sure that's Boko Haram boys,omo if na me,I go run too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by THUNDER4real(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
The problem in Nigerian army is corruption, If Their recruitment is plain and the right people are being taken, I believe by now Nigerian army suppose to be producing their own sophiaticated guns and also have people that are 100% willing to die for their country. Just look how 480+ Nigerian soldiers were humiliated in cameroun after they abadoned their duty post. What a funny country of corruption called 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? by IBowBeforeAllah: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1669288_heavy_jpeg619a57164ddcbdd6a770573f244e3d84

That's an anti-aircraft gun. Nothing special about it.

The guy firing it is as good as dead if a sniper is around as he has virtually no cover.

He is also easy prey to helicopter fire.

This weapon is from Libya. The Libyan rebels used them against Gaddafi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massob: Biafran Soldiers To Takeover South East Border Towns Midnight 14th Feb / Ekweremadu, Nwobodo, Onuaguluchi, Others Eulogise Ugwuanyi For Uniting Everybody / Scores Killed In A Clash Between Hausa And Fulani Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.