Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

“where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir (2621 Views)

Buhari Accepts Bible Gift At Meeting With Northern Christians / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Unblockable: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tolexander: Being a president of a nation as big and diverse as Nigeria doesn't automatically qualify one to have the absolute knowledge of the whole horizontal and spatial entity governed.

How many of you castigating the President have the prior knowledge of Gwoza before the Boko Haram issue?

The problems with the president on the issue are;
he shouldn't have asked the question in such manner, 'where is Gwoza self'
and
with all the events in Gwoza in the past few months, he is still naive of the location. That is too bad!

You've said it all.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Its a valid question.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tolexander: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
dont8: Why spew this type of ignorance, why does he have Special Adviser on National Security and to even think he's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.
what are you saying?

From what you quoted, does being a president automatically gives one the overall knowledge of where one governs even with the presence of special adviser?
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Op do you know what a rhetoric question is? Which grammar school did you finish from?
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by dont8(m): 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
But the president will have 'overall knowledge' when election come calling, right? Even a toddler knows where Gwoza is!
Tolexander: what are you saying?

From what you quoted, does being a president automatically gives one the overall knowledge of where one governs even with the presence of special adviser?

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tolexander: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
dont8: But the president will have 'overall knowledge' when election come calling, right? Even a toddler knows where Gwoza is!
i'm sorry, i've decided not to engage in this kinda puerile argument again!

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
SeaGold:

Nigeria have over 900+ local government and thousands of towns, villages, hamlets and how do you expect a president to know them all?

Even in Bayelsa I don't think he knows everywhere except the prominent areas. People should endeavour to stop this malicious attack!
what is this one saying? Gworza have been in the news for God knows how long because of Boko Haram. How on earth would our dear president not know where Gworza is? Don't tell me he doesn't know where Chibok is too.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by eph12(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
berem: what is this one saying? Gworza have been in the news for God knows how long because of Boko Haram. How on earth would our dear president not know where Gworza is? Don't tell me he doesn't know where Chibok is too.
This is why I think either this news is false or edited to suit some purpose because he is supposed to have every information he needs about this place. Am tired of GEJ but when I see people jump to criticise(which I hate) without even trying to reason the authenticity of any information regardless of who's involved, am always pissed.
Nigeria won't move forward this way. Never will.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by dont8(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
My submissions might seem unintelligible jargon to you, but you know better than you're trying to portray here, even though I agree to some extent that he might not know everywhere but not Gwoza of all places for crying out loud. Is Gwoza not the same place an Emir was killed, thereby putting the ancient city on the world map?

Tolexander: i'm sorry, i've decided not to engage in this kinda puerile argument again!
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by gramci: 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sahara Reporters with their "very reliable" sources.

Ndi ara
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nigeria is not just fighting Boko Haram, we are fighting a civil war led by Boko Haram.

The co-ordination of the propaganda warfare, the financial war chest, the amount of support Boko Haram gets from ordinary field soldiers point to one thing alone. This Boko haram movement is supported by double faced extremist Nigerians. These people most likely share common views/religion/values but These people cut accross all facets of the society from students on the blogosphere, to politicians in government to civil servants and professionals in the private sector.

Anybody who knows Jonathan Goodluck must advise him to continue to fight Boko haram fiercely but he must also be cautious of his own security!!!!

Those in charge of his personal security must be 100% loyalists. His life could be in danger because this crisis is taking a new dimension.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tolexander: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
dont8: My submissions might seem unintelligible jargon to you, but you know better than you're trying to portray here, even though I agree to some extent that he might not know everywhere but not Gwoza of all places for crying out loud. Is Gwoza not the same place an Emir was killed, thereby putting the ancient city on the world map?

What are you saying? And what have i said?

Tolexander: Being a
president of a nation as
big and diverse as Nigeria
doesn't automatically
qualify one to have the
absolute knowledge of the
whole horizontal and
spatial entity governed.

How many of you
castigating the President
have the prior knowledge
of Gwoza before the Boko
Haram issue?

The problems with the
president on the issue are;
he shouldn't have asked the
question in such manner,
'where is Gwoza self'
and
with all the events in Gwoza
in the past few months, he
is still naive of the location.
That is too bad!
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ProAnti: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
For Nigeria to win the war against terrorism, the President needs to overhaul the presidency...redeploy or sack the key staff.

The same Presidency sources who give Saharareporters and other media houses insider info may be the same people giving Boko haram intel about the plans of the military.

The enemies within must be flushed out lest the nation crumbles.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by danot1030: 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
I pity TAN and all the promoter of GEJ for 2015.

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
asadike: Ok. Mr president do nt know, op u know? Coz me i do nt no. Infact, i heard abt gwoza 4 d first time in dis forum nd of recent 2.

SeaGold:

Nigeria have over 900+ local government and thousands of towns, villages, hamlets and how do you expect a president to know them all?

Even in Bayelsa I don't think he knows everywhere except the prominent areas. People should endeavour to stop this malicious attack!

The clueless followers of a clueless leader.

Zachi has answered your question. See below:

"Every Commander in Chief, worth the name, must know Gwoza.
GWOZA is the training place for all MOPOL.
How can he not know it?
Apparently, he is not bothered much"
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Image123(m): 12:27am On Sep 02, 2014
SeaGold:

Boko haram invaded Nigerian territory and declared it their headquarters, the president ought to show more concern and sharpness. He has all these numerous aides that should keep him informed and abreast. This is school boy error if true.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Image123(m): 12:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Tolexander: Being a president of a nation as big and diverse as Nigeria doesn't automatically qualify one to have the absolute knowledge of the whole horizontal and spatial entity governed.

How many of you castigating the President have the prior knowledge of Gwoza before the Boko Haram issue?

and
with all the events in Gwoza in the past few months, he is still naive of the location. That is too bad!

It is unacceptable nonchalance. Even if Gwoza has NEVER being in the news, it is basic that if the president is meeting a person, he should be briefed prior knowledge on who he's meeting, from where, why. This is basic courtesy. Not to then imagine how central the place is in the insurgency news, how they lost an emir in May etc.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by yomexp(m): 1:06am On Sep 02, 2014
The same gwoza where about 35 mopol were declared missing after BH sacked there training school?

The same gwoza that an emir was killed?

The same gwoza that an islamic caliphate was desclared last week?

A part of nigeria was carved out and the C in C couldn't be bothered to know the location since the news broke?

The questions we should be asking ourselves are;

1. what manner of security briefing are they giving Mr president

2. Does this president know the extent of the damage boko haran has done in last 7 days or so? or is he still in self denial like he did to the chibok girls saga?

3. Does he even know chibok?

but i thought he had a meeting with OBJ he could atleast have asked him.

but am pretty sure he would know where TAN will be holding their next rally.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by dont8(m): 7:32am On Sep 02, 2014
I got your point with this, he might have been misquoted or not even said that and I for one don't belief he made that statement in the first place, it's all politics to make him look insensitive to the plight of the inhabitant of the area.
with all the events in Gwoza
in the past few months, he
is still naive of the location.
That is too bad!

This is the statement I have issue with, I know he cannot know all the nooks and crannies of the country, but not Gwoza in the context of the discourse.

Anyways, good morning to you.
Being a
president of a nation as
big and diverse as Nigeria
doesn't automatically
qualify one to have the
absolute knowledge of the
whole horizontal and
spatial entity governed.

Tolexander:

What are you saying? And what have i said?

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by asadike(f): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

How can he not know it?
d useless folower of a useless leader. Mr president did nt know, nd i did nt know,if u know,den gud 4 u.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2014
omenka:

saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/where-gwoza-sef-jonathan-asks-meeting-emir

What better describes the word cluelesness than this?? grin

STFU...... I bet you don't know everywhere in your village
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2014
vedaxcool: He display symptoms of consistent with the abuse of ogogoro. It will take someone that is extremely uninformed or blatantly daft to support this sort of fool for second term!

Your father you mean?
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2014

and

Seems some people are not doing their job
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2014
cramjones: When they capture Abuja, we will see the stinky mouth he would use to say that nonsense. Such a clueless worthless leader!

-CramJones

You have returned with this your nonsense yarns
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2014
berem: what is this one saying? Gworza have been in the news for God knows how long because of Boko Haram. How on earth would our dear clueless president not know where Gworza is? Don't tell me he doesn't know where Chibok is too.

Please use your normal Jargon
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by ibietela2(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

How can he not know it?

Another fake female account
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tolexander: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2014
dont8: I got your point with this, he might have been misquoted or not even said that and I for one don't belief he made that statement in the first place, it's all politics to make him look insensitive to the plight of the inhabitant of the area.

This is the statement I have issue with, I know he cannot know all the nooks and crannies of the country, but not Gwoza in the context of the discourse.

Anyways, good morning to you.

we are still saying the same thing. I said it is too bad for the president to be naive of Gwoza with the recent attacks going on there in the past few months.

Good morning bro!
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Tolexander: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2014
Image123:

It is unacceptable nonchalance. Even if Gwoza has NEVER being in the news, it is basic that if the president is meeting a person, he should be briefed prior knowledge on who he's meeting, from where, why. This is basic courtesy. Not to then imagine how central the place is in the insurgency news, how they lost an emir in May etc.
bro, remember this is press and journalism. There may be addition and subtraction!

Notwithstanding, it is very wrong if the president really made the statement 'where is Gwoza self', either out of naivity or unconsciousness.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

How can he not know it?

You and berem,

President Jonathan is not the President for Gworza nor Borno state but the President and commander in chief of the whole Nigeria.

These are Primary Functions of a President:
1) international Politics and Bi-lateral Relations
2) Economic Policies and Programmes
3) Security against external aggression
4) provision of infrastructure
5) Macro fiscal policies and development

These are some of the pressing needs a focus president should attain to rather than giving Boko Haram any attention.

Boko Haram is like any civil disturbances that could be handled by other instituted arm of government.
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by dont8(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
No problem bro, I guess it's more of a communication breakdown.
Tolexander: we are still saying the same thing. I said it is too bad for the president to be naive of Gwoza with the recent attacks going on there in the past few months.

Good morning bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING! South West Muslims Reject Jonathan’s Dollars, Cancel Proposed Meeting / 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established / Human Parts Litters Ritualist Den In Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.