Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Say What You Mean - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Say What You Mean (441 Views)

"Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Part 11: What Does The Term “ Christ In You” Mean? / I Saw A Snake In My Dream. What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say What You Mean by sidespin: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
SAY WHAT YOU MEAN

A certain minister's testimony was told to me several times before I heard it from him firsthand. Playing baseball at a youth camp, he slid into third base and broke his ankle. Part of the bone was sticking out through the skin. As some were preparing to get him into town to a doctor, one of the ministers asked him if he wanted medical help or for God to heal him. When he said that he would rather have his healing, the minister said, "All right, you can. I have been in the Pentecostal Movement from the beginning,'' and he began to tell him about broken bones he had seen healed.

For 40 minutes, he sat there by third base, talking to the injured man, getting his mind off the ankle and foot. Then he told him to get up. But the minute he put his broken foot on the ground, he fainted and fell. The counseling minister worked to revive him, talked with him another 40 minutes, then helped him up on his good foot. However, when weight was put on the injured foot, again the wounded man fainted.

The older minister said to him when he again revived, "We're missing it somewhere." So the older minister asked the Lord, "God, where are we missing it?" Then the minister said, "Oh, I see. I see it now. Son, this time when you get up, don't get up on your good foot. Get up on your bad one." When he did, instantly he was healed! There was no pain at all! Believing with your heart is independent of your sense knowledge.

Dr. Lilian B. Yeomans knew what faith was. In one of her books, which are some of the best you can read on healing, she says, "God delights in His children stepping out over the aching void with nothing under their feet but the Word of God." Again she said, "To look to see whether God is healing you is a sin."

Dr. Yeomans was a medical doctor who received healing and deliverance from a hopeless dependence on narcotics and then devoted the rest of her life to preaching and teaching divine healing.

A minister who had been a student in one of her classes in a Bible college told me of this incident. She was in the habit of praying for students in the classroom, and held healing services in her classes. It seems he went up and requested prayer.

"What for?" she asked. "I want you to pray for my cold," he answered. "Your cold? Well, if it is your cold there's no use in praying. You have already accepted it and you won't get any healing. Now if you want to be delivered from the devil's cold, then we'll pray." "Oh, that's what I meant," he said. She replied, "Say what you mean." (Kenneth E. Hagin)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/10/14 / Touching Story Of A Pakistani Christian Woman Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy / As In The Days Of Elijah And The Prophets Of Baal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.