Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Dangers Of Comparism!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Dangers Of Comparism!! (775 Views)

The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... / The Dangers Of Rubbing Vasline / My Lagos: Their Abuja: There Is No Comparism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Comparism!! by echepops(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]

We live in a purely competitive world. The pressure to be perfect and be the best is stiff and high for all, whether you are a parent, student, dancer or driver. No one is exempted and sometimes, feelings of inadequacy and inferiority fill our hearts. One way we then make ourselves feel up to standard is through comparison. This is one of the most dangerous behaviours ever. We tend to hold ourselves up against others and measure to see where each person falls short.
If the foot were to say, because I am not a hand I don't belong to the body, that would not keep it from being a part of a body. And if the ear were to say, because I am not an eye I don't belong to the body, that would not keep it from being a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye how could it hear? And if it were only an ear how would it smell?
God has a special plan for your life that is different from that of your neighbour. His gifts for you are the best. He fashioned you in His image right from your mother's womb.
It is high time we stopped imitating and pursuing the interests and capabilities of others and start pursuing the passions that God has written in our hearts. Your role in the body of Christ is essential and can't be the same with the person seated next to you. The five fingers of our hands are not equal; in the same vein, no two people can attain the same position in life while passing through the same hurdles. Instead of comparing and wishing you have the life of someone else, why not live the life that God has destined for you and discover His purpose for your life. God created each of us differently in our own unique way. Live your life to the fullest in the grace and tranquillity of God. He has plans for you. Do not go chasing shadows. Everybody has their own quota of problems and worries. Do not determine the course of your life but allow God to be the sole architect of your life. You are unique with capabilities and these capabilities are uncommon to another person.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Comparism!! by zizman: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
is diz echefu...unilag student int. sci. dept?
Re: The Dangers Of Comparism!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thank you..
Re: The Dangers Of Comparism!! by echepops(m): 8:25am On Nov 18, 2014
zizman:
is diz echefu...unilag student int. sci. dept?
yeah!
Re: The Dangers Of Comparism!! by echepops(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2014
Odilafta:
Thank you..
you are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Attention Needed Here! / The Ebola Lie / Profile And Picture Of The Man To Vacate "Aso Rock" Come 2019!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.