Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

@bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." (2364 Views)

FIRE FOR FIRE! Jonathan Changes Gear, Bombards Fayose | Tells Him To Resign / NTA Changes Gear:buhari Has Masters Degree In Strategic Studies(video!!!) / Boko Haram Kills 70 Adamawa Residents On Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Barely 2 hours after tweeting that Boko Haram has taken over Bama, @BBCAfrica a few minutes ago has just tweeted that the Nigerian Army has killed over 70 Boko Haram insurgents.

You'ld recall that the initial tweet by @BBCAfrica inspired an anti-government website SAHARA REPORTERS to fabricate and twist information in favour of Boko Haram insurgents-suggesting Bama had fallen into terrorists hands.

A friendly fire which occured earlier in the day causing residents of Bama military barracks to 'briefly evacuate' their premises was capitalized on by Sahara Reporters which interpreted some Nigerian soldiers BRIEFLY evacuating their military barracks as fleeing.

Sahara reporters claimed that 500 soldiers fled from the Barracks into Maiduguri.

Sadly, Sahara Reporters forgot that this 'friendly fire' occured while the battle was raging and there's no way 500 soldiers will sit put in a military barracks while a fierce battle rages in town. Even as reserves, they'll be alert and strategically located.

Bama has not fallen!

Source: COMMON SENSE

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by dannyville2(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
Wetin be sahara reporters problem?
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Plus10(m): 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Only apc e-rats take Sharia Reporters seriously

11 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Firefire(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
FOREIGN MEDIA PROPAGANDA...

GEJ... time to BAN foreign media from reporting on the war against terrorism in Nigeria.

It should be classified and RED TAG henceforth. angry

4 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Idrismusty97(m): 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Lusola15: 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
undecidedD problem is that some people just want to destroy this country with their negative reporting.

Remember when ur time comes too u will have no rest undecided
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Unblockable: 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Plus10: Only apc e-rats take Sharia Reporters seriously

Mynd44 wouldn't see this now. He wouldn't also see where the Thief Native Doctor of E-PDP referred to APC e-members as e-goats, but he was quick to ban some posters for referring to PDP members as e-bastards yesterday.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't say anything concerning this because no normal human being should be rejoicing over the failure of our Military, be you PDP or APC. But I'm surprised that most of us here on Nairaland are always quick to open threads immediately we see it on BBC or CNN that the NA is losing the fight against this deadly set.

Why on earth would a normal human being be celebrating the seizure of Bama by Boko Haram?! We know the President ain't trying, but that doesn't mean we should be celebrating evil. Some people were rejoicing when BBC tweeted that Bama has been seized by Boko Haram, when we. Should all say NO.

The army vowed to defend the country in times of trouble, good and fine. But, we should all know they are human being. GEJ has bastardized them to the extent that people now ridicule them. How can over 60 military men be deployed to Osun alone for election just to intimidate opposition leaders when Sambisa needs them more?! Anyways sha, I still say Kudos to the Nigerian Army [not cowards]!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Unblockable:

Mynd44 wouldn't see this now. He wouldn't also see where the Thief Native Doctor of E-PDP referred to APC e-members as e-goats, but he was quick to ban some posters for referring to PDP members as e-bastards yesterday.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't say anything concerning this because no normal human being should be rejoicing over the failure of our Military, be you PDP or APC. But I'm surprised that most of us here on Nairaland are always quick to open threads immediately we see it on BBC or CNN that the NA is losing the fight against this deadly set.

Why on earth would a normal human being be celebrating the seizure of Bama by Boko Haram?! We know the President ain't trying, but that doesn't mean we should be celebrating evil. Some people were rejoicing when BBC tweeted that Bama has been seized by Boko Haram, when we. Should all say NO.

The army vowed to defend the country in times of trouble, good and fine. But, we should all know they are human being. GEJ has bastardized them to the extent that people now ridicule them. How can over 60 military men be deployed to Osun alone for election just to intimidate opposition leaders when Sambisa needs them more?! Anyways sha, I still say Kudos to the Nigerian Army [not cowards]!

Well said, though i dont necessarily agree with u that GEJ bastardized our army.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by theassassin: 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
In a sane country APC and their cronies are long gone now.

APC is our problem

Nigerians open una eyes

This people and their media arm are the people destroying this country.

Imagine using media to demoralize our gallant troops just for their own gain.

APC iS devilsh
APC is evil
APC is bokoharam---DSS

7 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
theassassin: In a sane country APC and their cronies are long gone now.

APC is our problem

Nigerians open una eyes

APC iS devilsh
APC is evil
APC is bokoharam---DSS

Its a very sad and painful development. APC is clearly more media savvy than PDP, I would have hoped the APC would use its media strength to sell their developmental manifestos and ideologies to Nigerians,not using it to pull down national structures that they hope to one day occupy.

3 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by ratiken(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Anybody still in doubt that bokoharam is the army wing of APC is sleeping on okada.

How on earth can a Nigerian gloat and rejoice over news that Bokoharam is overpowering NA?

God forbid APC

7 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by F117A: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nigerians still listens to BBC?
BBC has been banned in serious nations.
Nigeria,a nation of utterly gullible people kicked hither and thiter by western powers.
What a disgrace of a country.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Unblockable:

Confused fellow speaking from both sides of the mouth

6 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by jmaine: 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Watch as the APC peeps go sad with this development . .I have never see such band of never do well's in my life . . . .

10 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 12:06am On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine: Watch as the APC peeps go sad with this development . .I have never see such band of never do well in my life . . . .

With this strange attitude, sometimes i wonder what APC will look like if they ever become the ruling party.

4 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by jmaine: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2014
RedEboe:

With this strange attitude, sometimes i wonder what APC will look like if they ever become the ruling party.

It is a terrible outlook sad

2 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by idupaul: 12:27am On Sep 02, 2014
To clear the air the Army commander in Bama should hold a press confernce later today from the office of the highest ranking govt official . That should boost the morale of Nigerians.. God Bless the Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by deeobserver209(m): 12:36am On Sep 02, 2014
We all know BBC, CNN and friends hate Nigeria and Africa with a passion. Reason why 95 percent of their news contents about Africa are negative. True professionalism has been thrown to the dustbin along time ago.
After reviewing the rise and fall of the Arab spring started in Tunisia in 2011, I came to the conclusion that the world media is nothing but a political tool for for mass hypnotism.
Don't believe what they report about the conflict in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 1:13am On Sep 02, 2014
idupaul: To clear the air the Army commander in Bama should hold a press confernce later today from the office of the highest ranking govt official . That should boost the morale of Nigerians.. God Bless the Nigerian Army

Earlier Boko Haram was repelled at Bama,but everyone knows that they were going to regroup just like they did to that Police training school. They also want to pick up bodies of their dead comrades. So the battle is still ongoing, a comprehensive press conference for whatever reasons may not be the best for now.

My own opinion though.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Amanwulu1(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2014
may God forgive me but my hatred for sahara reporter is perfect. What a bunch of deceivers. APC as an ally of s/r had better b careful b4 it loses its few supporters who are mainly online.

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by RedEboe(m): 1:45am On Sep 02, 2014
Just in-BBC's LATEST HEADLINE:
"NIGERIA MILITANTS SUFFER HEAVY LOSSES."

Check it out on www.bbcafrica.com

It's official, SAHARA REPORTERS are DEMONIC LIARS,they must have been the initial source that misled the BBC into sending out that first tweet claiming Boko Haram had taken over Bama.

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Allohrandy(m): 2:08am On Sep 02, 2014
theassassin: In a sane country APC and their cronies are long gone now.

APC is our problem

Nigerians open una eyes

APC iS devilsh
APC is evil
APC is bokoharam---DSS

mumu. In a sane country GEJ would have step down. we need to change tactics. GEJ leadership and military tactic has not been able to stop boko haram in the last 5 year. boko haram is attacking borno state while GEJ is currently in Kenya right now enjoying himself
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by agabusta: 3:13am On Sep 02, 2014
Some people are outrightly silly on this thread. What is there to rejoice in the fall of a Nigerian town to fanatics? I cant see any such post on this thread.

Please do us a favour, kindly give us the quotes of those rejoicing over the fall of Bama or any other Nigerian town/village to back up your claims. Let us know what was said.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by 3dankey(m): 4:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Allohrandy: mumu. In a sane country GEJ would have step down. we need to change tactics. GEJ leadership and military tactic has not been able to stop boko haram in the last 5 year. boko haram is attacking borno state while GEJ is currently in Kenya right now enjoying himself
Please how foolish and silly can one be, is it not the president that went to kenya to discuss a very important meeting concerning terrorism. That some one here is saying that he is enjoying himself. Like it or leave it, jonathan is the most insulted president nigeria could ever have and also the only president that no matter what he do (even turn nigeria to london or insurgency stop now) people will still hate him.
How did we get to this extent of so much hate based on ethnicity and on religion.

3 Likes

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by lilprinze: 5:07am On Sep 02, 2014
The white and British hating on Nigerians since 1960 . looking for every evil way to ridicule us publicly. I think FG needs to ban Sahara reporters(APC reporters) they are using their media arm to destroy and ridicule this country and our gallant soldiers publicly.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by Osgilliat(m): 7:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Confused fellow speaking from both sides of the mouth

so he is now a confused fellow because he ain't on one side? because he ain't supporting one over another? Because he just expressed his perspective on the issues? Nigeria really has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by asadike(f): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2014
Thk God! Sahara reporters almost gave me heart attack.
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by litetias(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
agabusta: Some people are outrightly silly on this thread. What is there to rejoice in the fall of a Nigerian town to fanatics? I cant see any such post on this thread.

Please do us a favour, kindly give us the quotes of those rejoicing over the fall of Bama or any other Nigerian town/village to back up your claims. Let us know what was said.
I wonder
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by litetias(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: The white and British hating on Nigerians since 1960 . looking for every evil way to ridicule us publicly. I think FG needs to ban Sahara reporters(APC reporters) they are using their media arm to destroy and ridicule this country and our gallant soldiers publicly.
You are a despicable t*wat
Re: @bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." by BraniacX(m): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Fingers crossed, waiting to see how this would pan out but if it as it is reported above. . . . . . SHAHARIA REPORTERS! Na wah shocked for una oh!

(1) (Reply)

Before U Immortalise Col Adekunle Isaac Boro Is The Real Black Scorpion / Ill / Dame Patience johnathan Issue Statemen on Sex Scandal with Femi Kayode.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.