Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC (859 Views)

Pls Help Me With My Ford Focus 2002 / My Ford Focus Displays Engine Systems Fault / Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC by elveco: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Kindly help on wht cld be the problem with my ford mondeo (v6 - 1998 model hatchback) AC. The compressor gets burnt, I ve changed it the second tym nw nd d same tin hapned. It seems d compressor gets overheated. Plz wht cld b d posble cause nd solution. Tnx
Re: Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC by kingschild123(m): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Unfortunately you have a piece of car made by Americans. For your next vehicle, go for Japanese or German cars and you wont have these costly annoying issues.

Water pump is a possibility, but you could still have a blockage in some of the pipes, when the engine is up your temp check all the water hoses to see if they are all hot. if no then you may have a blockage, if so take the hoses off and run water through them to check. then try and do the same through the engine.

Head gasket might have failed, common fault on the v6 and a pig of a job. just make sure you have a good antifreeze mix. Most antifreeze mixes aid heat transfer and will allow your car to transfer out the heat that is being generated better than regular water.

Try replacing the waterpump and flush the entire system with a good flusher and that should solve the problem.
Re: Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC by sultaan(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Your problem is simply, When your compressor keeps going bad the problem is there is too much dirt in the condenser from the last compressor it has clogged it so your compressor is just running hard watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0O1mcnwjZs
Re: Help! ...hving Problem With My Ford Mondeo AC by elveco: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
I wil try it out tmrw mrnin. Tnx vry much

(1) (Reply)

Zika Virus Forces Tata To Change Car Name / Difference Between A 2007 And 2008 Nissan Xterra At A Glance / Court Removes FRSC ’ S Power To Fine Motorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.