Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water (33283 Views)

Exotic 2008 Chevy Corvettte American Convertible Sportscar For Sale(registered) / Check Out This Sports Car That Runs On “Salt Water”! / ==============salt Water Damage================= (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by popson1st: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
Machine.
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
One thin g about all this energy efficient cars, they are just to expensive..smh
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by tonychristopher: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
trendysturvs: Sports cars may not have the best reputation for being environmentally-friendly, but this sleek machine has been designed to reach 217.5 mph (350 km/h) – using nothing but saltwater.

Its radical drive system allows the 5,070lbs (2,300kg) Quant e-Sportlimousine to reach 0-60 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds, making it as fast as the McLaren P1.

After making its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show in March, the saltwater technology has now been certified for use on European roads.

The 920 horsepower (680 kW) Quant e-Sportlimousine uses something known as an electrolyte flow cell power system to power four electric motors within the car.

It works in a similar way to a hydrogen fuel cell, however, the liquid used for storing energy is saltwater.

The liquid passes through a membrane in between the two tanks, creating an electric charge. This electricity is then stored and distributed by super capacitors.
The car carries the water in two 200-litre tanks, which in one sitting will allow drivers to travel up to 373 miles (600km).

Overall, the four-seater is 5.25 metres (0.4ft) long, 2.2 metres wide (7.2ft), the 1.35 metre (4.4ft).
Its 22-inch wheels sit just beneath double gull-wing doors which feature 'Chrystal Lake Blue' paint.

Inside is a full-length interactive dash, with wood-theme features and an Android-based entertainment system.

No price or sale date has yet been revealed, but some experts suggest it could cost more than £1 million ($1.7 million)

NanoFlowcell AG, a Lichtenstein-based company behind the drive, is now planning to test the car on public roads in Germany and elsewhere in Europe as the company prepares for series production.

It claims the technology offers five times the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries of the same weight.

'We've got major plans, and not just within the automobile industry,' says NanoFlowcell AG Chairman of the Board Professor Jens-Peter Ellermann.

'The potential of the NanoFlowcell is much greater, especially in terms of domestic energy supplies as well as in maritime, rail and aviation technology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2739768/The-sports-car-runs-SALTWATER-Vehicle-goes-0-60mph-2-8-seconds-just-approved-EU-roads.html

View more pictures of the car here - http://.com/2014/09/02/check-out-this-sports-car-that-runs-on-salt-water/

THIS IS GOOD, THIS WILL MAKE PLACES LIKE NIGER DELTA YOUTHS AND NIGERIANS TO START THINKING LIFE AFTER OIL...AND THIS WILL AMKE LAGOS RICH DUE TO SALT WATER AND NIGER DELTA RICH ALSO DUE TO SALT WATER

LOL

BYE BYE TO FOSSIL FUEL
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by basty: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
When the oil from Niger Delta will made useless and worthless. There was an oil.
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by firetrap(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Donkaz: Why is there no pics of it moving on salt water? undecidedWhy is there no pics of it moving on salt water?

I generally don't curse out people on Nairaland but for you, I had to make an exception. you must be the thickest person on earth.
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by dnawah(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Year 2030,me in the sitting room watching tv,wife in the kitchen cooking.
-My dear,can i have the car key?
-sugar,wat 4?
-to suck small salt water 4 the soup,there no salt
-wat if they didn't invent,this type of car,wat will u do?
-i will still ask 4 the car key.
-to do wat,suck fuel?
-no to go to the market.
-ok na,come and have it,and take enough 4 pepper soup in the evening.grin

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by baba11(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
...when will our leaders help we Nigerian engineers to attain these feats..Instead,the man @ the helm of affairs has indirectly begun campaigning more than a year ago in the name of Jan..##chai ###chai ####diaris god oooo...the talents you are wasting in naija,diaris god oooooo.....
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Emmafrancis: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
Donkaz: Why is there no pics of it moving on salt water? undecidedWhy is there no pics of it moving on salt water?
it is fueled by salt water and runs on land. It does not "move on" salt water
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by princebergz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2014

not moving on the salt water... it is powered by salt water

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by tunde1200(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
This is crazy
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Dontizzl(m): 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
End Time car!
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nigeria get ready to truly diversify your economy because petroleum will soon be in low demand.

A car that runs on water?! I want one men!

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by vizboy(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
this people wan increase the price of pure water and we no gree
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by LordReed(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
coolxpat: Still nt impress with technology untill the day I download food from the internet tongue

Read up on 3d printers, your day of "impressment" is near.
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by speakthetruth: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=bushdoc9919][size=22pt]Nigerians......you see why we must get our economy off oil?....and go into industries, and innovation

On point
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Israel5(m): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
please clearify me: is it that someone could put salt in fresh water then it becomes fuel or is it the naturally occuring saline water in the ocean you can use? or both? or specially prepared salt water? #dont insult me if you dont like my questions
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by LordReed(m): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dabss: The funny thing is that the people that can afford this car don't give a f*ck about the cost of petrol. grin

It is not about the cost of petrol, its about the environment. Not having to burn fossil fuels day in day out would do us all some good. Plus there is far more salt water than oil so the depletion of oil reserves is no longer a threat to energy production.
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by LordReed(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Israel5: please clearify me: is it that someone could put salt in fresh water then it becomes fuel or is it the naturally occuring saline water in the ocean you can use? or both? or specially prepared salt water? #dont insult me if you dont like my questions

From what I read on the nanoflowcell website it is not clear if it is natural occurring sea water or a special electrolyte but it is water nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Israel5(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
LordReed:

From what I read on the nanoflowcell website it is not clear if it is natural occurring sea water or a special electrolyte but it is water nonetheless.
hmm..ak
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by xcoded(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
the salt we becom expensive
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by asapyoms(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
They should do saltwater charger & battery abeg. It's highly needed
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by kilokeys(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
hmmm 1 million pounds? thats 250million..
with that cash.. how many Mercedes can i buy?
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by 100Cents: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Fine car.

Wonderful concept. Cheapest fuel resource....
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by HYBREED(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
trendysturvs: Sports cars may not have the best reputation for being environmentally-friendly, but this sleek machine has been designed to reach 217.5 mph (350 km/h) – using nothing but saltwater.

Its radical drive system allows the 5,070lbs (2,300kg) Quant e-Sportlimousine to reach 0-60 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds, making it as fast as the McLaren P1.

After making its debut at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show in March, the saltwater technology has now been certified for use on European roads.

The 920 horsepower (680 kW) Quant e-Sportlimousine uses something known as an electrolyte flow cell power system to power four electric motors within the car.

It works in a similar way to a hydrogen fuel cell, however, the liquid used for storing energy is saltwater.

The liquid passes through a membrane in between the two tanks, creating an electric charge. This electricity is then stored and distributed by super capacitors.
The car carries the water in two 200-litre tanks, which in one sitting will allow drivers to travel up to 373 miles (600km).

Overall, the four-seater is 5.25 metres (0.4ft) long, 2.2 metres wide (7.2ft), the 1.35 metre (4.4ft).
Its 22-inch wheels sit just beneath double gull-wing doors which feature 'Chrystal Lake Blue' paint.

Inside is a full-length interactive dash, with wood-theme features and an Android-based entertainment system.

No price or sale date has yet been revealed, but some experts suggest it could cost more than £1 million ($1.7 million)

NanoFlowcell AG, a Lichtenstein-based company behind the drive, is now planning to test the car on public roads in Germany and elsewhere in Europe as the company prepares for series production.

It claims the technology offers five times the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries of the same weight.

'We've got major plans, and not just within the automobile industry,' says NanoFlowcell AG Chairman of the Board Professor Jens-Peter Ellermann.

'The potential of the NanoFlowcell is much greater, especially in terms of domestic energy supplies as well as in maritime, rail and aviation technology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2739768/The-sports-car-runs-SALTWATER-Vehicle-goes-0-60mph-2-8-seconds-just-approved-EU-roads.html

View more pictures of the car here - http://.com/2014/09/02/check-out-this-sports-car-that-runs-on-salt-water/
bar beach tinzzz.....
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Prosperuzor(m): 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
Salt water again?,this car is meant for people that are afraid of ebola...
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Decryptor(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
So meaning if i buy like 25 ltrs of water from Mai Ruwa or Borehole for just N20 and then buy like 5 Dangote Salt for N100 each, mix it and pour it into the tank, it will take me from Abuja to Kaduna and at the end, i spent just N520 bucks? unlike spending N2,500.

This car sure pass

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Decryptor: So meaning if i buy like 25 ltrs of water from Mai Ruwa or Borehole for just N20 and then buy like 5 Dangote Salt for N100 each, mix it and pour it into the tank, it will take me from Abuja to Kaduna and at the end, i spent just N520 bucks? unlike spending N2,500.

This car sure pass
You broke it down well. But for the next few years, it looks like this care will only be for the rich (or super rich), until a time comes when it can be produced in large commercial quantities.

1 Like

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by pussypounder(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
my dad wants me to stop posting on nairaland else hes gonna smash my head into the keyboaevfrhebpifvrinehvfrqkmwqkdmjwediefcrji

10 Likes

Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by dyoungest1: 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
nice one, (no petrol) but such cannot be use here in nigeria due to bad road
Re: Quant e-Sportlimousine Sportscar Runs On Salt Water by gbodimowo(m): 12:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Please can you provide me with a YouTube video on this car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Diagnostic kit On Your Laptop N17K / How To Promote Your Business & Make Massive Sales!-|Autos Sales Strategies|- / Do You Want A Car Of Your Choice?then Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.