Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan (31500 Views)

A Nlander Experience Buying A Prescribed Drug From A Drug Store That Dint Work. / ZMapp - The Experimental Ebola Drug - Cures American Doctors / Call On The Nigerian Governemt To Request For Ebola Drug From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ibe9ja: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
ikp4succes: What happened to our Nano Silver sad ?

Dem don cucuma exhaust dem on pests since Obama say na pesticide.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
code11: and now we are dumping ground for untested drugs. made lab rats!!

Yes.....though this drug for once appears to work in animal models.

I guess there is no risk in doing a limited phase 1 trial in very sick patients (informed consent given, of course).

Plus, the drug is in phase 3 testing in the US as a cure for influenza.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
pendusky: All the lab scientists here still keeping mute and won't say anything .. what happened to nano Silver ? any post from lab scientists here on Nairaland would and should be moved to jokes section grin

Because American call your nano silver an insecticide doesn't means u guys should give up.. am disappointed...

And you guys looking for Favicon abi Favipara kini?

smh

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=78062
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Happy times are here again. . . Go out and hug as many as you want even kiss self, but if d drug no work. . . . Oti o!
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by lukaino(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Wish it was from China.they would have made it as common and cheap as paracetamol grin
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
lukaino: Wish it was from China.they would have made it as common and cheap as paracetamol grin

The Chinese are working on Ebola...they have invented a 'strip test' , or a test kit ...for the virus.

Just drop a drop of serum...and your results is gotten instantly.

A test kit that can positively identify the Ebola virus has been approved for production with manufacturing set to begin soon in Shenzhen. The kit was invented by China’s Academy of Military Medical Sciences, and is to be manufactured by Shenzhen Puruikang Biotech. It gained final official approval from the military’s logistics approval department and health department.

The test is able to identify the virus by using the virus’ gene sequence by means of a nucleic acid detection kit that utilizes a “compound probe”. That sounds quite confusing, so here’s all you need to know: it’s using the same technology previously used to develop test kits for the H1N1, H7N9 and NDM-1 viruses.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The Chinese are working on Ebola...they have invented a 'strip test' , or a test kit ...for the virus.

Just drop a drop of serum...and your results is gotten instantly.

That's actual research.... Not buying some antiseptic online and claim it's invented in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lilimax: Na wao!.
A Nigerian was also among the Doctors treated in Liberia with ZMapp undecided
Yeah, a lot of peeps missed that line.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Lilimax(f): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
ceejayluv:
Yeah, a lot of peeps missed that line.
Most people reads the headline only of which I'm a culprit sometime smiley
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by code11(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes.....though this drug for once appears to work in animal models.

I guess there is no risk in doing a limited phase 1 trial in very sick patients (informed consent given, of course).

Plus, the drug is in phase 3 testing in the US as a cure for influenza.

still not a good reason to dehumanize us
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by RaptorX: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: Nice 1 I pray it works shame on US and their ZMAPP if they think we would come and kneel down and beg them for their ZMAPP God has proved them wrong to hell with their ZMAPP .
You are fvcking i.diot, the Japanese that develop the drug are Africans abi, what the fvck is Africans ever able to do on their own. The health experts from the US center for disease control on the ground in the affected countries dont have anything better to do abi, bloody ungrateful twats.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by adconline(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Davijunson: I hope this drug works so dat America will be put to shame.
So that Naija will be put to shame for not being prepared and taking care of her citizens

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
code11:

still not a good reason to dehumanize us
Dehumanize you in what way? Its good to be outspoken and ask questions but sometimes, being realistic is the best step. Begger no get choice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by seedorfg(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
The annoying Name i hate to hear everyday is E-bo-la angry
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
adconline:
So that Naija will be put to shame for not being prepared and taking care of her citizens

In simplified terms. . . . You are both correct.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by bankyblue(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
if is Japan am ok with it, But if na CHINE!>>>>>> lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
RaptorX: You are fvcking i.diot, the Japanese that develop the drug are Africans abi, what the fvck is Africans ever able to do on their own. The health experts from the US center for disease control on the ground in the affected countries dont have anything better to do abi, bloody ungrateful twats.

American apologist. What do you stand to gain or prove by insulting one stating his own opinion?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by epospiky(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nice to know that there are countries out there that still care for us. I pray it works accordingly. Thank you japan.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
handysuzy: Nigeria-seeking for help since october 1 1960
Even before then ¶¶¶¶¶

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

American apologist. What do you stand to gain or prove by insulting one stating his own opinion?
We ought to have done what the Japanese did, not begging for some experimental cocktail. Go to the isolation centre in Lagos. Americans are fully involved there risking their lives. Likewise all the ebola-ridden zones.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by asudan: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ipheyemmy01: Nice work. This is a welcome development. The drug is good, but we need vaccine the more, so that we can be immune against this deadly disease, the carriers animal all sorrounds us here in Africa. . Please vacine is important, because we can't do without bush meat here ooo.
I like your post put you shouldn't have say "we can't " to general the whole thing.a lot of persons do not eat bush meat as well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Liekiller(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
lrguru: Since this drug is not from a black man/ Nigeria, the americans won't call it pesticide....smh. Anyways I don't blame them, I blame our MOH who only believes that a Nigerian can never find any cure to any disease.

I only pray this drug works and I also hope it does not have any electrical component inside o, cos japanese technology is electronically wonderful. We don't want any of the recovered victim to be operated with remote control

Nanosilver was NOT developed by a black man. Didn't you follow any updates about it? It was promoted (but also not developed) by US company that propagates bogus cures and hysterical conspiracy theories for everything

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by rottable(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Will the drugs be free or government will pay for it ?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by duerap: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
lrguru: Since this drug is not from a black man/ Nigeria, the americans won't call it pesticide....smh. Anyways I don't blame them, I blame our MOH who only believes that a Nigerian can never find any cure to any disease.

I only pray this drug works and I also hope it does not have any electrical component inside o, cos japanese technology is electronically wonderful. We don't want any of the recovered victim to be operated with remote control

lol...
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by kalishay: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
mindworx:

Wait, .. as in.. you actually saw ebola in your dream? Lawd of Messi

Yeahhh taking a form of MAN!!
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by adediamond07(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2014

likewise all the nations... It's just that when elders and youngers make request, it's command vs plead
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Bolujosiah: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
embarassed I pray make e work o because people to dey fear o
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by SafetyFirst(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Why is it not our own NAFDAC that'll check the drug? Why is it the same US that refused us that ZMAPP shit?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by uchemummy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
blueto: How will this make us to beat Congo on saturday? angry

#teamsupereagles
May be bf Saturday u will be in isolation center thats how it will make u beat congo. Senseless
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by smartg(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
habaa!, sister, must you say it out?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by femsmith(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2014

funy.. seemz am laughin sha
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by liongirl: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abuja Woman Commits Suicide, Corpse, Baby Found In Bush / Three Family Members And Maid Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Enugu / AT 21, She Has Never Menstruated Before: She Needs Medical advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.