|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,695,088 members, 6,352,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 June 2021 at 10:57 AM
|Here Are The Steps To Take To Get Whatsapp To Work On Your Nokia X And Nokia Xl by tubosunmii(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2014|
you guys made me feel bad for asking of some payment but i have thought it through, and some who managed to call i really felt for them and i would not want you guys to bug me cause i am a very busy person. so here are the steps to take to get whatsapp to work on your nokia x and nokia xl
In the latest Nokia X, X+ and XL devices which are being sold at a brisk pace in the market are facing complains from the customers as they are not supporting Whats App in the Nokia Store.
In the latest Nokia XL series Whats App is available from the Nokia store but recently many people are facing the error of Whats App – Sorry, your device is not supported” while tapping the app icon to launch the app.
So we are going to help users of Nokia X and X+ who want to use Whats App on their devices by showing them the step by step tutorial of How to install APK files for Whats App on X and X+ and in case of XL users you can install the app using APK files to avoid getting the device not supported error.
From the recent update there is a message coming after installation of WhatsApp which is “Finish Registration First” which can also be eliminated by the Step 11 in the first tutorial which we have mentioned below.
Note: Installing Apps from APK files downloaded from official or unverified sources other than the ones we have mentioned can be risky as they are not authenticated and can sometimes contain Virus or malware which might affect your device performance so do this on your own risk and we are not responsible for any problems which might occur.
1. Uninstall or remove all the Whatsapp files on your device
2. Download WhatsApp apk file from the below given link:
3. Whats App Plus download link. In you are facing the verification Error refer to the end of this tutorial for the solution.
4. Now change the Date from today’s date to anything earlier than 15th June 2014 and save it.
5. Install the apk file in your device.
6. Complete your WhatsApp registration process.
7. After Registration is completed you have to launch your browser and go to whatsapp.com/android or www.whatsappplus.net/download.php you can directly tap on the link if you are on your device after reading the full post.
8. Here you will be finding the Download Now button which you should tap on
9. Your browser will start the APK file download immediately
10. After the WhatsApp APK file download is finished, tap on the downloaded file or go to any file manager and go to the apk file and you will be seeing an Blocked Error on most devices and if your App installer launches automatically.
11. In case of Blocked Error you have to go to Settings > Unknown Sources and tap on the option and press OK to allow installation of apps from Unknown sources
12. Now you should go back and tap on the Install button in your app installer to start he process of installation.
13. After the installation is finished you have to tap on the Open button to launch WhatApp and if are getting the “Device not supported” error and you should go back to Home screen
14. Do not worry if you are getting the Device not supported error all you have to do is long press any app and you will be getting options from the bottom of your screen.
15. you have to select the icon on the Right of your screen, now scroll down to find the “Whatsapp Chat Widget” tap on it and now you can use Whatsapp without any error.
Note: If you are facing the Date Verification Error after installing Whatsapp where the verification message or code is not being sent then you have to follow these steps to solve it.
1. Before you start the above mentioned procedure you have to go to settings in your Nokia device.
2. Go to Date and Time and tap on it
3. Now change the Date from today’s date to anything earlier than 15th June 2014 and save it.
4. Now follow the above mentioned steps to install the application and you can get the verification code too.
5. Now after completely registering your device you can go back to settings and change the date back to today’s date and enjoy whatsapp.
6. If you are still facing a verification error you have to download the older version of whatsapp v 2.11.205 and also follow the above steps of changing the date to anything earlier than June 15th 2014.
Install 1 mobile market and download Whats App from that:
The more simpler trick is to install the 1 mobile market app from the App store of your phone.
1. Go to Home screen and tap on Store to launch it.
2. Now in search you have to type in “1 mobile” or “moboginie” and search
3. The 1 mobile market app should be installed
4. After installation you have to launch the Market App which also has android apps.
5. Type Whats App in Search and you will be getting the Whatsapp application as the first result with around 55k ratings so that is the original one tap on the Install button.
6. When you hit the Install button a pop up box appears saying “Blocked” saying it is installed from unknown source so you have to follow the next steps to install it.
7. Now Tap on the settings button which is seen in the pop up box
8. And scroll down to find the Unknown sources tab which should be opened
9. You will find a pop up box telling you about the problem which might occur for vulnerability to attack by allowing installation from unknown sources.
10. Tap on OK button in the pop up box.
11. Now go back to the 1 mobile market and search for whats app and hit the install button and you will be asking for your permission to install Whatsapp.
12. After installation you will be getting an option to Open the app and you will be getting the welcome to whats app page where you have to tap o Agree and continue
13. You will asked to enter your number to activate Whatsapp on your device with the particular number.
1 mobile market app install the application using apk files and hence you need to change the unknown sources setting off to let the application be installed.
Note: if you don’t have any message or notification on your fast lane and you need to open whatsapp immediately go to any contact and click on message and then click on whatsapp to get enter into whatsapp messenger.
How to fix your device is not supported for Whats App error in Nokia X and XL devices
After the recent update offered by Nokia which was on June 8th there has been a problem of App not being supported while launching like Whats App users were not able to launch the App by tapping on the Icon but were able to open the app by clicking on the notifications received.
So if you are facing the same problem here are the two possible solutions to get rid of this problem.
Use Notifications to Launch the app:
If you are getting the Error or “Sorry, your device not supported” for WhatsApp then you cannot launch the app by tapping on the icon as it is a bug in the new update which is preventing this.
You can launch the app by tapping on the Notifications which were received from friends messaging you and launch the app and make sure that you do not close the app and keep it running in the background so that you can use it when ever you wish to.
Closing the App will not let you use launch it again and you will be getting the same error once again until you get a notification which can let you use the app.
Just Slide your Home Screen to the left side which will show you the notifications or Whatsapp messages which were sent to you and tap on it to launch Whats App and make sure that you are not closing this application, if you close it the same error will come and you have to wait for a message to use the application.
Install WhatsApp on Nokia X, X+ and XL using APK files:
This is another way to get WhatsApp on your nokia X, X+ and XL device if you are not able to install it or are having errors not letting you use the app. But you should use this with your own risk as sometimes the apk files are corrupt if you download them form an unknown and unverified source and if you follow the steps which we have mentioned in the post we have already written you wont be faicng any problems.
Click on this link to go to the step by step tutorial: How to install WhatsApp using APK files
This is issue which many users are facing in Nokia X and X+ form a long time and with the recent update which happened yesterday it is also being reported by users of Nokia XL as well. So do follow these steps and let us know if they were helpful or not and also tell us you have found any other easier ways to deal with it so that we can add it to the post and make it more helpful to the users suffering with the same issue.
if you don't understand then you are on your own i have tried my best.good luck to you.
|Re: Here Are The Steps To Take To Get Whatsapp To Work On Your Nokia X And Nokia Xl by Intanet(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2017|
Thanks OP but sometimes it's good to make tutorials short and straight to point.
Meanwhile checkout Whatsapp Login on PC with less complex and quicker process. In no time, you'll be able to access WhatsApp on your PC
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98