Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Knowing When To Pull The Plug On Your Relationship. - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Knowing When To Pull The Plug On Your Relationship. (1093 Views)

10 Reasons Cheating Will Save Your Relationship / 4 Reasons Your ‘relationship’ Isn’t A REAL Relationship At All / Knowing Fully Well That No One Would Respond To This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowing When To Pull The Plug On Your Relationship. by danieloke(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Knowing when to pull the plug on your Relationship.
In a romantic relationship, there's always touching and kissing.
You have to know when a relationship's going nowhere- like when you've dated someone for several months and you're still not feeling sure about them.

Dating used to mean courtship.

Nowadays it’s often just a polite way of saying you’re sleeping together and doesn’t necessarily imply a future together. Or sexual exclusivity.

That might not matter if both of you only want a casual relationship.

But if you’re thinking about a lifelong commitment, then it does.

You have to know when a relationship’s going nowhere — like when you’ve dated someone for several months and you’re still not feeling sure about them.

Or you haven’t had the “I don’t want you seeing other people” talk by then.

Your relationship is undefined and you’re not sure where you stand.

Actually it’s often hard to be sure. Maybe you don’t even know your own feelings?

It’s even harder to know your date’s! But the way you behave together will warn you when all’s not well.

Like your date never returns your calls, or it’s always you who calls back.

Conversations run dry very quickly. You’re forever annoyed with each other.

You suspect you’re not always hearing the truth. Talk about the future is somehow never about you as a couple.

You haven’t met each other’s family and friends, and know little about what your partner’s doing, or who they’re with when they’re not with you.

The relationship’s bringing you more pain than joy.

Your partner forever wants you to change, or you’re hoping things will get better. But the same issues keep recurring.

Your fundamental values don’t seem to match, and there’s lots of mixed signals.

When you try to get closer, they move away. When you try to move on, they suddenly get closer.

TELL-TALE SIGNS

You should be able to say how you feel to one another. If you can’t and they aren’t saying either then you’re in a “going nowhere” relationship.

Maybe one or both of you acts like you’re single when you’re in public?

You’re spending little time together? It’s difficult to arrange to meet, and you never know when you’ll next see each other?

You feel like you’re the one doing all the work?

Your partner’s is forever asking you to come to see them, but never makes the effort to come to you?

Or if they suggest a date that doesn’t work for you, they won’t adjust their schedule to suit yours…

Seeing them is either all about sex, or there’s nothing happening at all.

You’re either just a booty call and nothing more or they see you as a “friend”.

In a romantic relationship, there’s always touching and kissing.

Be careful if you’re thinking “I’m afraid of being alone”.

Or “I’ll never find someone else”. Or “But the sex is so good”.

Or “I’ve invested so much time in this relationship”.

Or “Things will come right in the end”.

Or “This is as good as it gets”.
No, it’s not! The truth hurts, so it’s easier to pretend. Don’t.

The decision is never easy, but once you realise that your relationship is going nowhere, start looking for one that is.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

January Born / I'm New : Please Welcome Me / Hooking Up Game-blind Dates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.