Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak (661 Views)

Investigating Police Officer Based In Lagos / Am Investigating Chrisvicmall. Pls I Need Your Help. / CBN To Begin Investigating Any Bank Transactions From 250k?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak by scubed(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Hundreds of nude, semi-nude, and revealing pictures of female celebrities were leaked overnight after being stolen from their private collections. Hunger Games actor Jennifer Lawrence, Kirsten Dunst, and pop star Ariana Grande were among the celebrities apparently shown in the pictures,

This is happening just few days before the arrival of the iPhone 6 is perhaps not a good one for Apple.

Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak

What is iCloud? Apple’s iCloud service allows users to store photos and other content and access it from any Apple device. Security in the cloud has been a paramount concern in past years, but that has not stopped the rapid adoption of services that offer reams of storage and management of data and content off smartphones and computers.

“We take user privacy very seriously and are actively investigating this report,” said Apple spokesperson Nat Kerris, technology website Re/code reported.

On Sunday, nude photos and videos of several celebrities including Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, model Kate Upton, actress and singer Mary Winstead, singer Ariana Grande surfaced on the internet.

Reports suggested that the nude photos and videos may have leaked through a security breach of Apple’s iCloud platform. However, there were no confirmations of the hack.

Mary Winstead took to Twitter on Monday and said, “Knowing those photos were deleted long ago, I can only imagine the creepy effort that went into this. Feeling for everyone who got hacked.”

America’s Federal Bureau of Investigation or FBI is also investigating the celebrity nude photos leak, according to reports.

Bryan Hamade as being believed to be the brain behind the leaked photos and he has come out to deny the accusation, that he was not the source of the leaks. Bryan Hamade is a twenty – six- year old web developer.

Reddit and 4chan users alleged Hamade was the culprit after a screenshot posted online appeared to show a series of names connected with a web development company in Georgia.

In a development, Amateur internet sleuths used the names to discover Southern Digital Media, a web hosting company in Atlanta. While some internet users initially suspected the company’s 15-year-old intern as the hacker, suspicion quickly turned to server administrator Hamade.

Hamade speaking to MailOnline, denied Reddit’s claims, saying, “I only reposted one thing that was posted elsewhere and stupidly had my network folders visible.”

Bryan Hamade
“I am not the original leaker. The real guy is on 4chan posting intermittently,” Hamade says. “He’s most likely the one behind it, but it does seem the photos passed around to multiple people before being leaked, so it may just be someone who has them and didn’t hack to get them. I’d never in a million years know how to hack into any of the accounts listed. 4chan just attacked me because they like to attack anyone in situations such as this.”

In a statement to BuzzFeed, Hamade said he was the target of abuse from people investigating the iCloud hack: “It’s been a nightmare and I haven’t slept in 34 hours, now. 4chan users are harassing me with non-stop phone calls and emails. They email me constantly, emailing saying they’ll hack my personal websites and keep calling my phone, calling me a gay and then hanging up. They also said they’ll hack my mom’s site, so I took it down.”

Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak“I regret it so much,”, he went on to tell BuzzFeed.“I didn’t even get any bitcoin out of it. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve done and I hope it won’t ruin my life, though it probably will since it’s just the biggest news story.”

1 Like

Re: Apple Investigating The Celebrity Nude Photos Leak by MrTemple(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2014
Waitin 4 d result.

(1) (Reply)

5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask / How To Start A Profitable Business On Planet Mars / Addigon ShareHolders and Aspiring Enterprenuers Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.