Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff (35184 Views)

Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court / SSS Probes Sheriff Over Alleged Boko Haram Sponsorship / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by fasbat(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/boko-haram-sponsorship-allegation-my-story-modu-sheriff
since Modu-Sheriff confirmed dt BH have been in existence before he became Borno Gov, it will not be out of place dt ds is before 'APC' was ever formed! So, how did BH gained so much financial power and brutality to wage war against Nig? Yes, d Nigeria state ordered d kiLling of its founder, but how did ds not nipped in d bud just in time before d birth of ds 'monster'? Many questions unanswered, and until Mr Jonathan leaves office, Nigerians will not know how BH got ds deadly touch!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Lurcky(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
texaco1: What makes ppl believe that australian anyway?is it because he is a white man or what? He makes unfounded accusations and everyone suddenly believe him,noone is questioning his points or comments?naija is a crazzy country

I didnt want to comment before but. Point of correction; MY COUNTRY NIGERIA IS NOT CRAZZY. it is some people in it who are

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
sarutobie:
now this is some cold logic....the type of logical deduction you find rare amongst a lot of nigerians.

uhm...am rly sorry to bother, but i dont quite understand what you mean by 'cold logic'.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by tombla(m): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
soroptimist:

Sen Ali Ndume dey gidigba......was he not one of the persons who accompanied the Emir of Gwoza to Aso Rock recently? Where our intelligence bereft C-In-C asked a most belly churning,infantile question?

https://www.nairaland.com/1885029/where-gwoza-sef-gej-asks

Jonathan is a curse upon our collective psyche with his deliberate but serpentine way of leading this country.....Will it not do this country a world of good if he acts Presidential for once and investigate the weighty allegations of the Australian who he commissioned to act on his behalf?
please and please kindly find it convenient and legitimate to respect the sit of the president by directing ur speech on him.. or did u fink it's easy to rule or control human being over 1.6billion
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by shehuAO: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Some people reason from un functioning brain.how can a reasonable human being-just suggest whether a person is guilty of an allegation or not should be executed?
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Vavavoom(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
The intrigue unfolding before our very eyes would have made for another best seller by Robert Ludlum (RIP). He would have aptly tilted it somewhere between: The Boko Initiative or The Sharia Ultimatum. It takes a discerning mind to track the unfolding issues back to Yerima and the 12 Northern pro sharia states in 2002. The root of the challenge we face as a free colony ( not a nation) can be traced to one of Africa's ''big men'', Sani Yerima. Like a fox he acted the script of the Shielded Controllers ( Owners of the colony) of the colony. What better tool to assuage a deprived lot than one with a heavenly appeal? And so the carrot of change was packaged and dangled before a zealot spiritual but economically deprived state citizens. The Sharia code as attractive as it was was timely introduced - to destabilize an ''untrustworthy'' son of the South, OBJ and for continued feudalistic control of a religiously servitude north. OBJ being the clever old fox dodged the bullet. He didn't bite, rather cunningly asserted that the Sharia question will die a natural death. He knew he was being baited by the unseen hands guiding Yerima to stoke an unquenchable divisive fire burning at the seams of the colony. So the Sharia initiative was allowed to fester. It gained hold and wide appeal to the economically deprived - people who have been convinced religiously(clerics/imams) that the dictates of the sharia statues will right all the experienced societal wrongs foisted by their feudal overlords ( Yerima and his co travelers). So while time elapsed the clerics passed their messages as ''divinely'' directed. The void of want was filled easily by a spiritual longing in the absence of economic mobility. Clerics of which Mohammed Yusuf and co became adherents espoused Sharia as the only means of being on Gods side why seeking social mobility. This is the genesis of the challenge today. A seed that was sown with attractive but disruptive intent has germinated outside the control of its pruners.
What we see and witness is a project that has taken a life of its own. Enter Modu Sherrif and his boys. Modu Sherrif or SAS like many refer is right in his assertion that Boko Haram activities predates him. Like all other northern overlord seeking political office Boko Haram was a convenient vehicle whose insistence on wide implementation of the sharia code found willful acceptance by a naive populace. He, sherrif needed to get power, Boko Haram ( Ali Modu boys then) was the vehicle. And so the script was written - an agreement reached between a cunning benefactor and the budding sect. But like a trojan, the benefactor didn't lay all his cards on the table - an Ace was tuck off his sleeve. The hand he will later deal the group after he became King Absolute of Borno. The decision not to implement the full Sharia code strained relation on both sides and eventually culminated in the sect feeling used and betrayed by King Absolute. Of course the extra judicial killings of sect members after the collapse of the unsavory pact helped stoke the fire further and made hardliners out of Bokites. Sympathizers came aplenty. Muslims of similar ideologue joined from adjoining sharia-leaning states and swelled the ranks.The harvest was ripe and fruits needed plucking. It is relevant to state here that the police as a state institution was deployed by King Absolute in the hunt down for Boko Haram members after the fall of the pact. This same police was to later bear the brunt of suicide bombings by the evolving Boko Haram. It is instructive to note that until the severance of the pact the sect's dealings were restrictive - framing terms and codes ( sharia) by which muslim citizens of the state will abide under Islam. This was perceptively subtle at the outset but grew and became stringent more so, for non-muslim residents. This was the crossroads of the matter. The second front. This was the deal breaker upon which the sect was ostracized from King Absolute....to be continued

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by ifekemmy(f): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Won kin ri eje lenu aje , meaning: den no dey see blood for witch mouth
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

This man is too evil to even b allowed to speak fa..

I mean everybody in maiduguri knows that he was amongst the first people to arm mohd yusuf and his followers just so as to carry out campaign for him...and most people in d same maiduguri equally would know that when Mohd Yusuf decided to stop being his thug,SAS factionalized the said boko haram with Mohd Yusuf going his way and the SAS boiz going there's. And when those boiz became too hot for SAS to control,He invited the military,killed them off and captured their purported leader in Mohd yusuf...

We all know what happened next..
I am not absolving SAS, he should face the music. But the dimension BH has taken means there's something going on that we don't know. The investigation should be open
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Vavavoom(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
...the police, a state institution was deployed by SAS as a fight-back tool to keep sect members under watch and control. Not without repercussions though, for the battle line had been drawn and the spirit of mutual benevolence was long lost in the wake of mistrust. Peace was far, trouble brew at the gates and outside the borders of emperor Sherrif. Boko Haram has evolved, grown beyond local financiers( there are backers outside our shores! who are keen on an unexpressed agenda) And while it festered leadership was lacking - local and federal. The fallout presented an opportune moment for the government at the centre to demonstrate leadership, to act incisively and nip in the bud once and for all the coming storm like we witness daily in the colony. Unfortunately it's been all reactive - from UMYA to GEJ and possibly whomever is coming after Jonathan.
Boko Haram has evolved beyond the expectation of its founders to include mercenaries who kill in the name of god - Like ISIS, it has taken a life of its own and its successes is fueled by religious and ethno-political divisions in the ranks of privileged citizens in elective positions who have no love for the colony they govern.

It is clear that a portion of the colony has become a battle ground for religious jihadist who seek to create a self-styled Islamic state funded by unseen hands. It is an affront to western democracy and keeps its adherent by means of shock and awe.

To find a solution the principal actors from Yerima to SAS need be quizzed. I doubt they ever will.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Azedplus(m): 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
It's a known fac that SAS enlisted a group during the 2011 governorship election to actualize his goal with a promise of implementing their wish which he never did, so what then happens I can't tell
On his political jumpology to d PDP, was solely because Tinubu shot him out as a national leader of the party due to the extra luggage ( affiliation to BH ) which will be a hard sell for the party to Nigerians, y did SAS moved to d PDP if not for cover
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Ogbon400: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Boko Haram 'created and funded by CIA': Randy Short

The US Central Intelligence Agency has created and funded Boko Haram, a Takfiri group that abducted about 300 Nigerian girls last month, says American analyst Randy Short.

Boko Haram “is a CIA-created and funded group,” Short said, adding the group’s “weapons come from Libya. We know that the commander of the so-called Libyan revolutionary forces, Mr. (Khalifa) Hifter was trained by the CIA.”

Speaking in an interview with Press TV on Thursday, Short said the United States aims to break down Nigeria into a micro state.

“There is larger scheme by the Angelo American white supremacist imperialistic power complex to break down the state they have invented in colonial eras for their purposes,” he said.

President Barack Obama said on Wednesday the US has deployed dozens of troops to Chad to help locate the kidnapped schoolgirls in neighboring Nigeria.

However, Short said the US already has troops in the region.

“There are thousands of American personnel already there, this has been going on for a while, the whole purpose is to destroy Nigeria.”

“Mr. (Zbigniew) Brzezinski, who is Obama’s advisor for Africa along with Ms. Susan Rice wanted to break Africa to micro states,” he said.

“They don’t give a damn about black women…they’ve been working to destroy the Nigerian state for decades, they don’t care anything about those girls,” he noted.

According to senior American defense officials, the US military is using spy drones as well as manned aircraft over Nigeria to locate the girls who were abducted on the night of April 14th in a small town in northeastern Nigeria.

Source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/05/24/363918/boko-haram-created-and-funded-by-cia/
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by tecmon: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
noblezone:

then it means the mentioning of his name as a sponsor is a revenge strategy na
in military terms that is called a decoy, But who commissioned the so negotiator, why an australian?,what does he know about nigeria? And as SAS also queried -why is his report not submitted to the security agencies Is the allegation of sponsorship the only info he got out BH? No info on Chibok girls And apc wants us to believe that this is not their scripted drama Going about echoing this allegation. Apc has a singular campaign strategy- smear the image of GEJ and PDP ,no manifestoe for developing Nigeria, apc stinks to outer space !
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by 4C2215131: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
noblezone: Boko Haram as part of there demands asked that Sheriff be arrested.

Why??

Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. Get my drift?
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Pple sponsoring boko ratz re richer than Sheriff & Ali but that Ali guy can be one of them as in their messenger .....
Boko ratz sponsors ll be men as rich as all those rulers we had that stole so much wealth of the nation without any tress & also the radicalize ones re the main sponsors of boko ratz in this nation
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by jimnoxi: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
make money by just advert click https://www.adsrewarddaily.com/signup.htm?ref=jimnoxi

35 dolars a month is part of it

no get quick rich business online

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
4C2215131:

Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. Get my drift?

I get your drift, but it is very hard to sell.
Read their history.
Sheriff used them to win election but turned against them and fought them terribly.
Boko Haram is on revenge mission.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
arsetalks: If you use me and dump me I will find a way of revenge.

Sure!
Now, my thoughts are that sheriff and ihejirika are different cases.
While Sheriff;s case is revenge for abandoning them, Ihejirika is for punishing them.

So, the whole idea that "they are our sponsors" is just mischievous!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

obviously!

Unfortunately, some Nigerians are not seeing it so!
They also want a revenge on Ihejirika. If Nigerians are so gullible that they cant see this, then we should prepare for the worst!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

When Senator Ali Modu Sheriff (SAS) wanted to contest the 2003 Borno governorship election, he needed thugs and youth organisations to serve as campaign machinery. So he contacted Mohammed Yusuf the late BH leader who agreed to campaign for him but with a promise SAS will implement total sharia in borno state. After he won the election SAS appointed a member of BH Buji Foi as commissioner but refused implementing total sharia in the state. That didn't go down well with Yusuf and BH. Buji Foi subsequently resign his position as commissioner in protest. SAS reacted by outlawing BH, demolish their mosque and started arresting their members. This led to escalation in the crisis with subsequent drafting of the military to quell it by late president Musa Yar’Adua. So BH always have this hatered for the dude, feeling betrayed by him.

Then his name coming up as a sponsor (a friend of BH) is not really in that sense, but Boko Haram wants their pound of flesh!
They are on a revenge mission!
Ihejirika was not a friend of BH too, he must had dealt with them heavily that they want a revenge!
This should be obvious to all!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by larpanshak07: 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
If u look at the antecedents of BH it can be traced to the late 70's and early 80's. One 'Maitatsine'. It is believed the Mohammed Yusuf the first BH leader was one of his almajiris. He survived and grew with the ideology of his Mentor. As a grown man, in 2002, he began preaching and radicalizing youths all around the North east and gradually gained followers. BH was just a movement with occasional episodes of violence and harassment but after the Death of Mohammed Yusuf and the subsequent rise of Shekau, it has metamorphosed to a terrorist cell with its existence being fueled by Wealthy Nigerians n Members of government. There have been glaring incidences of Sabotage within the military, collaboration from govt. Ali Modu Sheriff is as guilty as hell.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Gynacologist(m): 7:11am On Sep 05, 2014
Donmarrius: My brother,one million likes,for this comment.
People are just being unnecessarily stupid,and hence,has thrown their thinking faculty,to the pigs.
People just swallowed the trash of this Australian,perharps it cos' he is a 'white man',and everything he says,is right.
Can't blacks think for once?.
Do people think that,boko haram will truly tell this man,who is sponsoring them?.
By the way,is the Australian a kinda 'god',that will make boko haram reveal the 'real truth' to him?.
One thing we mustn't forget in a hurry,is that,both men,whom boko haram lied to be their sponsors,in other to be punished,are boko harams arch-enemies.
I can vividly recall when boko haram,was asking the government,to prosecute Ali Modu Sherrif,and they will stop.don't people make use of their common sense anymore?.If Modu is boko haram sponsor,how can boko haram demand his prosecution earlier before now?.
The same Ihejirika that decimated boko haram,is being fingered by boko haram,and people wouldn't know that this idiots,are playing the script written to them,by some people,who are hell bent on tagging Gej incompetent,by making the country 'ungovernable' for him.
are they tryna say tat d white man cant b compromised?
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Gynacologist(m): 7:13am On Sep 05, 2014
noblezone:

then it means the mentioning of his name as a sponsor is a revenge strategy na
exactly to get bck at him...
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Donmarrius: My brother,one million likes,for this comment.
People are just being unnecessarily stupid,and hence,has thrown their thinking faculty,to the pigs.
People just swallowed the trash of this Australian,perharps it cos' he is a 'white man',and everything he says,is right.
Can't blacks think for once?.
Do people think that,boko haram will truly tell this man,who is sponsoring them?.
By the way,is the Australian a kinda 'god',that will make boko haram reveal the 'real truth' to him?.
One thing we mustn't forget in a hurry,is that,both men,whom boko haram lied to be their sponsors,in other to be punished,are boko harams arch-enemies.
I can vividly recall when boko haram,was asking the government,to prosecute Ali Modu Sherrif,and they will stop.don't people make use of their common sense anymore?.If Modu is boko haram sponsor,how can boko haram demand his prosecution earlier before now?.
The same Ihejirika that decimated boko haram,is being fingered by boko haram,and people wouldn't know that this idiots,are playing the script written to them,by some people,who are hell bent on y making the country 'ungovernable' for him.
they wil always try to cover jonahs incompetency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Wike Threatens To Sanction Contractor Over Delay Of Work(video) / Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi / Governor Akeredolu Appoints Son As Head Of Government Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.