Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? (906 Views)

Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / Where Do I Study Aviation Telecommunication In Lagos / ::why I Chose To Study Law:: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? by Dallat65: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Due to the diffrences in constituition from place to place, can i study law in a country and work in another?
Re: Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? by DLioness(f): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yes bt u must be 'called' to that country's bar b4 u can be allow to practice there i.e u can only serve in a country wn u ve bn cald to their bar. U cn also be cald to more dan 1 bar provided u gt trained.
Re: Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? by Melahou(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
nope...how can you work there if you don't understand the way they operate.
unless you study there for a while
Re: Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? by KillerBeauty(f): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2014
I know if study law in Nigeria you can practice in the UK and other countries that their law have a British semblance. But you can't practice in places like USA or Canada because their law practice Is different from the British system
Re: Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? by fowowe411: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Yes you can study Law in USA,England,Canada et.c and still be qualify to practise law in Nigeria provided you pass the Bar part1&2 exams.And to those saying their constitution is different,yes you are right but the thing is you are taught "how to practise law" in school and you don't really need to be grounded in the existing laws of that country.

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn A One Time $18 Investment Into $500k Plus / What Professional Courses Can An Accounting Graduate Do? / Vote Jarushub As Nigeria's Career Blog Of The Year 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.